Where do you get your "entry level" rings/necks/trinkets?

This has started to annoy me a bit.

When I make a new alt and reach max lvl, I can buy up to 385 gear for it. WQ's also drop gear.

By entry level gear, I mean "easy to get on a fresh alt and better than leveling quest rewards". Weapons and armor are easy to get, but for some reason no rings, necklaces or trinkets.

Trinket WQ's are not too rare so these are less of a concern, but rings and necks are. I can craft necklace, if I have the training matrix, but rings I can only get 1 that way. Therefore my alts often are wearing ~360-370gear, but have 300ilvl ring and necklaces and some random trash tier trinkets that may or may not have acceptable ilvl.

So ... where do you go for your rings, necks and trinkets on fresh max lvl alts?

Guildie said to go do a BG, but I'd imagine that means I get farmed in it by people with pvp gear.
    There might also be pvp gear in AH that you can buy, but those are pretty expensive for item that you are intending to replace as soon as possible.

Doing dungeons is completely luck based and isnt really a easy way to get these said items.

Do epic BGs. They give a lot of passive honor (even more if you win) and you can do objectives with groups of people that make it less likely to get instantly steamrolled. Yes you will die often but it's much less frequent than when you're doing regular bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    This has started to annoy me a bit.

When I make a new alt and reach max lvl, I can buy up to 385 gear for it. WQ's also drop gear.

By entry level gear, I mean "easy to get on a fresh alt and better than leveling quest rewards". Weapons and armor are easy to get, but for some reason no rings, necklaces or trinkets.

Trinket WQ's are not too rare so these are less of a concern, but rings and necks are. I can craft necklace, if I have the training matrix, but rings I can only get 1 that way. Therefore my alts often are wearing ~360-370gear, but have 300ilvl ring and necklaces and some random trash tier trinkets that may or may not have acceptable ilvl.

So ... where do you go for your rings, necks and trinkets on fresh max lvl alts?

Guildie said to go do a BG, but I'd imagine that means I get farmed in it by people with pvp gear.
    There might also be pvp gear in AH that you can buy, but those are pretty expensive for item that you are intending to replace as soon as possible.

Doing dungeons is completely luck based and isnt really a easy way to get these said items.
    I'm not sure what your conditionals are here that you say weapons are easy but necklace/rings aren't. They can all be crafted, even without a training matrix. Exception being trinkets since you can only craft one darkmoon card (without a training matrix anyways)
    But there's two separate rings that you can craft (with a spark). Same for necks.

Not really sure what you're asking for here, entry level (ilvl 385ish~) gear that you don't have to craft with sparks or matrixes or do content for? Like are you just wanting to throw gold at it and essentially pay to win?

Only ask because you might be better off actually doing some of the content and learning your class before you jump into something you're not prepared for. I personally have found that between crafting gear and picking up pieces off and on from WQ that you grow your ilvl rapidly and then you need to grind content to flush it out (but at least it gets you into the action). That plus as you raise you ilvl, the ilvl of WQ items increase with it making it more likely to find upgrades. Don't forget the two world bosses, the feast, the hunt, the siege, aiding the accord as well as the primal gear (which can still be upgraded as far as I know, to 385).

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Therefore my alts often are wearing ~360-370gear, but have 300ilvl ring and necklaces and some random trash tier trinkets that may or may not have acceptable ilvl.
    dungeon quests give 346 rings and necks (among other things) at lvl 70, and as its kinda pointless to finish them before (xp for them is low) just hang onto 3 of them until lvl cap...
    its not 360-370, but a lot better than 300

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal and Heroic dungeons? There's a neck at the Dragon bois?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

with 10.0.5, you can send Primal Chaos to alts, so you could get an epic second ring and a neck crafted.
    the quests for the first 5 Sparks can be skipped on alts, so you have up to 5 epic craft options right out of the gate.
    the Storm's Fury event also gets you a ring (seems to be 389, not sure on ilvl here).
    and as Lochton said, you get a 389 Neck for reaching 5/6 with Wrathion or Sabellion, which can be done via the AH by buying the reputation token.

if all else fails, there are 340ish green PvP gear for every slot buyable on the AH, including trinkets.
    together with some storm gear that should be enough to get you into LFR and +2-4 keys.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen lots of trinkets drop from world quests. obviously they scale with ilvl but it's usually about the 350-370 mark

Got plenty of trinkets from the community feast boss

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    I'm not sure what your conditionals are here that you say weapons are easy but necklace/rings aren't. They can all be crafted, even without a training matrix. Exception being trinkets since you can only craft one darkmoon card (without a training matrix anyways)
    But there's two separate rings that you can craft (with a spark). Same for necks.

Not really sure what you're asking for here, entry level (ilvl 385ish~) gear that you don't have to craft with sparks or matrixes or do content for? Like are you just wanting to throw gold at it and essentially pay to win?

Only ask because you might be better off actually doing some of the content and learning your class before you jump into something you're not prepared for. I personally have found that between crafting gear and picking up pieces off and on from WQ that you grow your ilvl rapidly and then you need to grind content to flush it out (but at least it gets you into the action). That plus as you raise you ilvl, the ilvl of WQ items increase with it making it more likely to find upgrades. Don't forget the two world bosses, the feast, the hunt, the siege, aiding the accord as well as the primal gear (which can still be upgraded as far as I know, to 385).
    Two trinkets, because you can get one DMC deck, and one Alchemist stone, as they don't require alchemy to wear this expac.

Man, i get bombarded with trinkets from WQ. I don't know how many breaths of the plains i got. In the worst case you can always get some crafted, farm rep for a neck with the bickering blacks As others said you can get some from Dungeons quests if you wait till lvl 70.

Lariat is easy to get a hold up - can be recrafted and is bis for most specs.

Necklace is literally the easiest slot to fill out this expansion.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Dungeon quests will give you plenty of starter gear for those slots. Beyond that, grab the WA for the rare schedule and just kill rares. Plenty of people killing them so you just need to be there and tag and they drop a wide variety of gear, including rings and trinkets going all the way to a high level. Specifically for rings I think you have a very high chance to get one from the most common of the large lunkers (the big water elemental) so you could also just farm conches (if your main has unlocked tuskar boxes it is super easy).

The new Storm's Fury event has iLvl 389 rings on a vendor. Two variants, obviously unique-equipped, but it seems you can use both.
    You get enough Essence of the Storm from doing the event once, and then you can farm the Elemental Overflow, the other currency cost, in elemental storms.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2023-02-03 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Looked up currency names
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

You can literally get an entire crafted gear set if you want. Every single slot, no exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Two trinkets, because you can get one DMC deck, and one Alchemist stone, as they don't require alchemy to wear this expac.
    Good call

The new Primalist Storm event in the Bronze Dragon area gives currency to buy epic level neck and rings.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Oh yeah and I forgot that there's also the idol trinkets!