Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    No. Since at least WoD, the game is dangerously close to a lobby-based queue, which can be good for a MOBA or a FPS, but completely out of place in an RPG. There is no need whatsoever for further pushing the game that way.

One could even say that the various "borrowed power" systems of the last expansions were an attempt to let players obtain a modicum of player power by themselves, without the need for a premade group (i.e. the queue, especially for more casual people). Too bad that the medicine ended up being worse than the actual disease, but that'd be worth a separate thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    People who pick up an adventure roleplaying game and try to turn it into some sort of e-sports simulator are... something else.
    To be fair, they are being encouraged by Blizz, who design the game for such a demographic first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    lobby-based queue
    That's only an advantage for rankings of pvp and competition for rankings in pve.

Also: how many people truly want to grind in WoW?

Most people love to level in new content only.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's only an advantage for rankings of pvp and competition for rankings in pve.
    There is a variety of very good, lobby-based, PvP-centric games that you can try, instead of trying to twist WoW even more than it already is.

Most people love to level in new content only.
    [Citation needed]

So imagine it's like how it is now but: you can immediately make a new character as it's done for PTR and Beta realms that is fully geared (practically gear won't play a role) and then you can immediately join a PvP Battleground or an end-game Raiding group.

The advantages of that will be:

1) Nobody will have to grind in order to play at the highest level of this; some people hate it; most people that have quit this game: did it because of lack of time.

2) Perfect competition balance from the get go; nobody can complain they are ungeared; nobody can complain they need another alt/spec of the week.

The disadvantages of that will be:

3) a) lower profits for Microsoft; b) some people may be inexperienced in their class; c) possibly guild-hopping.
    I would quit immediatly. Gearing is a big part of the game for me. I like getting stronger. I like the feeling fi my gear getting better.

Remove it and i guarantee you the game would probably loos 9/10 od the player population to other MMOs immediatly

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    [Citation needed]
    What do you mean? It's the blunt truth everyone knows but they are scared to admit. Almost nobody truly wants to do repetitive shit; they want to do content once at a successful level; it's easily the 80% of all people in all raiding guilds from the casual guilds to the hard core guilds.