Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Don't get why some would complain about an increased drop rate. Even if its increased from 1/3333 to 1% on the first try of the day (1% being speculation of course), you still only get a max of 15 attempts at the higher drop rate per year.

The mount will be less rare in the grand scheme of things, but it'll still be largely non-existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Don't get why some would complain about an increased drop rate. Even if its increased from 1/3333 to 1% on the first try of the day (1% being speculation of course), you still only get a max of 15 attempts at the higher drop rate per year.

The mount will be less rare in the grand scheme of things, but it'll still be largely non-existent.
    It's because people don't really get how RNG works, so they treat it like some mysterious deity.

Still these 15 tries a year are very significant and should help get mount to most people in few years - assuming they are consistent, and most people aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I fail to understand what the problem is with keeping super rare drops rare? Is it just blizz catering to people's endless entitlement these days? Is there something I'm missing? It all just seems like entitlement.
    There is nothing inherently wrong with having a very few, diminishingly ultra rare drop, it's even healthy to habe those for even the most dedicated players.
    But apparently Blizzard decided this status quo is no longer worth holding up. Can't easily sell this to an audience who wants everything without really doing anything for it, especially in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If there was a criticism to be had, it'd be why the change was made. Obviously they mentioned in a blue post a year ago that they'd be changing this (which is why it's happening now), but was the motivation purely that the drop rate was terrible? I don't think so, because the drop rate's always been terrible and has been a constant complaint for years upon years. The more likely answer is that this was an 'easy win' for Blizz that they could've had long ago, but this was more of a panic move to slow the hemorrhaging of subs. Such a change wasn't in isolation either, as many other small 'easy wins' that should've been addressed years ago were made. Came off like there was a known list of things players wanted but were almost like they were held hostage in case things got really bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that these changes were made. However, motivation is everything when it comes to whether you can expect changes/fixes to be held hostage for <insert whatever reason>, addressed in a timely manner, or even avoided with proper testing and adherence to feedback. What should not be forgotten is that a lot of the issues that have driven people from the game only seem to be a surprise to Blizz (or they gaslight the players about said issues), not the players themselves.
    And here is the "they only do it because of subs" nonsense again. Yes teh drop rate was terribel because it was far lower than any other holdiday drop mount chance. Also, they couldn't do it for a year, sop this stopping sub loss claim is even more ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Cool, guarantees I never come back. Way to trivialize something I put time and effort into getting (got it on the first run ever, but I digress).
    5 minutes is "time and effort"? You obviously must be trolling because you put no effort into at at all if you got it on your very first run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Cool, guarantees I never come back. Way to trivialize something I put time and effort into getting (got it on the first run ever, but I digress).
    Cool, please don't come back. Way to be melodramatic over something you got LUCKY at getting, and not a thing that required
    skill or effort (imagine being that much of an elitist crybaby as to whine about other people getting a chance to get something
    you again, won by the luck of the dice, and now you can't stand around and grandstand yourself in a fucking video game).

So even those with just one character benefits this, neat.

Still imo that nothing in this game should be less than 1% (mob/boss specific) outside of random world drops.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-02-04 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean doing it on alts this year will be the same as doing it on alts every years. The only thing that changes is your first attempt. So those of us farming on alts will continue to do it as nothing changes on that end. What might change is we get it first attempt that day and cut out multiple runs for that day.
    Thats what I said xD

Lmao, Those ppl getting mad over someone getting a mount in first try while you are multi alt-ing for pixel mount countless times. holy moly, like take a chill pill and walk away from the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Still gonna farm it on 10 of my characters because who am I to get it to drop from the "boosted" box, lol. These kind of changes are actually rather irritating than good.

I will still feel compelled to farm it on my alts because, statistically speaking, the probability of seeing it AT LEAST ONCE from 9 of my alts, considering it is 1/3333 per try, for 15 days i.e. 135 attempts on alts, is actually 1 - (1 - 1/3333)^135 = 3.97%, so why would I not take this chance? Of course I will and I will feel extremely pissed about not getting it, again.
    Guess what? It, obviously, did not drop. Cya next year.