10+ Year Old Account

ILVL confusion while levelling

So I just started playing again, my (alt) character is 52. I don't want to actively play Shadowlands because I'm currently playing with someone else through the storyline, so I don't want to progress on that. No big deal. I'm just doing 50-60.

Here's my issue: It appears that even though all content outside of DF is 10-60, it SEEMS like only Shadowlands has ilvl above ~80. I tried doing BFA and Legion content, in and out of chromietime, and all the quest/mission loot is like ilvl 50-80, meanwhile shadowlands loot is like 130-170. Is this intended? The whole thing is a bit confusing with the whole "BFA and Shadowlands are 10-60 but not Chrometime" and yet SL gear is better somehow, it seems like if that's the case, 50-60 should just be SL?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So I just started playing again, my (alt) character is 52. I don't want to actively play Shadowlands because I'm currently playing with someone else through the storyline, so I don't want to progress on that. No big deal. I'm just doing 50-60.

Here's my issue: It appears that even though all content outside of DF is 10-60, it SEEMS like only Shadowlands has ilvl above ~80. I tried doing BFA and Legion content, in and out of chromietime, and all the quest/mission loot is like ilvl 50-80, meanwhile shadowlands loot is like 130-170. Is this intended? The whole thing is a bit confusing with the whole "BFA and Shadowlands are 10-60 but not Chrometime" and yet SL gear is better somehow, it seems like if that's the case, 50-60 should just be SL?
    Definitely not the case. I haven't touched Shadowlands on any alt leveled since DF started and I usually enter DF content with 155-200 ilevel.

For reference, my typical route is Redridge > Duskwood > Lochmodan + WoD intro (either way) > Val'sharah + part of Highmountain > Finish garrison stuff and part of gorgrond

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm just missing something, then. Right now looking at Legion Dailies, all of the rewards are "50+" items, but if I did shadowlands, I would be getting 130 items.

Is it just the dailies that are wonky, and if I did the normal questline I'd be getting proper loot?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Maybe I'm just missing something, then. Right now looking at Legion Dailies, all of the rewards are "50+" items, but if I did shadowlands, I would be getting 130 items.

Is it just the dailies that are wonky, and if I did the normal questline I'd be getting proper loot?
    It's possible dailies have their own weird set that doesn't follow general item level scaling. Are your regular quest reward ilevels also low?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's possible dailies have their own weird set that doesn't follow general item level scaling. Are your regular quest reward ilevels also low?
    I honestly havent tested, my plan was literally to start alt hopping to get them to 60 on non-SL content. I logged in and started looking at dailies to gear up fast as I've done in the past (before SL)

I'm gonna guess that it's just that world quests for BFA/Legion are still set to scale to a range dependent on your existing item level, but Shadowlands is technically not chromie time so it's still scaled to the regular item levels from the previous expansion... or something like that. Regular quests seem to be fine.

Last edited by Hitei; 2023-02-03 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, looks like the Daily Quest system is still tied to ilvl and not actual level. Quests give appropriate 130+ gear