Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trading Post Issue and Fix Underway

Trading Post Issue and Fix Underway
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve identified an issue that’s preventing players from receiving Trader’s Tender and Ash’adar rewards from the Traveler’s Log.

We do not believe any credit or progress has been lost, and we believe that the expected rewards should in your Collector’s Cache once the bug is fixed.

Thank you for your patience!

Certainly hope this includes the 5000 AH gold task fix. Looted over 15K gold from auctions, including 6K in one single auction, and still only counted 475g total towards the task.

Like how many coins can i get totalt this month? I have tried to ask few people in-game and they all keep give me different answers. some say 2k is max, some other say he had over 2k and when he looted is chest again he said he got 400 more. I have got 2k, is there a way i can grind more that im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Like how many coins can i get totalt this month? I have tried to ask few people in-game and they all keep give me different answers. some say 2k is max, some other say he had over 2k and when he looted is chest again he said he got 400 more. I have got 2k, is there a way i can grind more that im missing?
    2k is the Max this month, next month the cap will be 1k we got 1k bonus this month, 500 for owning Dragonflight and 500 for completing the intro to the trading post.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    2k is max, those saying they got more than that are unaware that the "extra" tender they get are a visual bug.

Quote Originally Posted by C20 View Post
    Certainly hope this includes the 5000 AH gold task fix. Looted over 15K gold from auctions, including 6K in one single auction, and still only counted 475g total towards the task.
    This one I think might be odd. So I didn't get this on my main or an alt, but I got it on my bank alt who had over 5k already. My guess is if any toon has gold in the mailbox from AH already it won't count any toons until you loot it.

I could be wrong and just got lucky on my end, but worth a shot.

I think I seen somewhere it has to be your server specific sales. Stuff like herbs, ore, leather won't count, since they're all sold to any server, but a pet, transmog or toy will count since they're only sold on your server.

EDIT: Can confirm getting credit after selling a toy to a guild mate for enough to get 5k gold.
    Last edited by Bishojo; 2023-02-05 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishojo View Post
    I think I seen somewhere it has to be your server specific sales. Stuff like herbs, ore, leather won't count, since they're all sold to any server, but a pet, transmog or toy will count since they're only sold on your server.

EDIT: Can confirm getting credit after selling a toy to a guild mate for enough to get 5k gold.
    Oh wow, that is complete bullshit. As someone who's only auctions are commodities such as ore, that near enough shuts me out of this task on the trading post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, that is complete bullshit. As someone who's only auctions are commodities such as ore, that near enough shuts me out of this task on the trading post.
    What I did is buy a Sanctum of Domination transmog item and put it up again for the same amount. Lost a hand full of gold, but task completed.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have not received Garrlok I bought on day one.

The whole trading post farse looks like that thing wasn't tested at all.

I've seen nothing but only complains and bug-fixes since they introduced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

"I'm going to sit here and whine because they're fixing the bugs they found with the trading post. And if they weren't fixing the bugs they found with the trading post, I'd sit here and whine about that too."

Blizzard - damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Dam blizzard why is my free gold bar so heavy

Because anything positive about the system wouldn't be posted, until atleast a few years later when talking about how <current system> sucks and how the Trading Post was such a better addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    "I'm going to sit here and whine because they're fixing the bugs they found with the trading post. And if they weren't fixing the bugs they found with the trading post, I'd sit here and whine about that too."

Blizzard - damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
    Yeah, how can people complain about a simple addition to a game which was made by multi-million dollars company that had plenty of time to test it out before.
    Better consume everything it spews.

Yeah, how can people complain about a simple addition to a game which was made by multi-million dollars company that had plenty of time to test it out before.
    As a software engineer, logic tells me that this should be quite a simple thing to add. It should be a case of objectives that are tracked, and players are awarded with items along the way when they meet criteria.

However, gut instinct and experience tells me that they've either over-engineered it or that none of the existing systems in the game were suitable for it meaning they either created a whole new one, or they refactored an existing one.

For the former, if the feature was developed by 'junior' engineers, this is certainly a possibility. Even in huge companies, there are almost always engineers who are new to specific projects. Blizz did a whole load of hiring of engineers for DF, so it would follow suit that some of these engineers may have been assigned to deliver a 'novelty' feature. Over-engineering refers to using excessively complicated implementations to achieve things that could (and usually should) be done in a much more effective way (read: code that is easier to debug and understand, and less likely to fail because someone tried to be clever).

For the latter, we already have objective-tracking systems in game, both in the form of progressive quests and achievements, but I can't immediately think of a system that actually ties into the game in the way that the trading post does. They could have certainly used achievements, and perhaps used a 'hidden' flag to track them, but most achievements tend to be permanent which doesn't bode well for monthly resets. Quests do have the ability to track partial progress (see: any multi-step quest), but they take up quest log space. In any case, they could have perhaps refactored the quest system for the trading post tracking. Maybe that's what they did, but being how deep quests are integrated into the game, it's possible that there was underlying factors which prevented it working effectively when reused elsewhere.

Testing approaches certainly exist to help reduce the chance of bugs with new features, and I don't believe a lack of testing lead to this, but it seems like there were perhaps differences between PTR and production/live which lead to the system breaking in so many different places.

TLDR: Simple to us isn't always simple to implement. I'm not excusing or defending Blizzard for the state of the system, but there's a lot of points to consider with any new feature being added.

Speaking of which, I wish there was a way to find out what's coming next month so I don't foolishly spend points on the month prior. Hear me Blizzard?

i will have taco farts tommorrow. its what i had for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwarte View Post
    Speaking of which, I wish there was a way to find out what's coming next month so I don't foolishly spend points on the month prior. Hear me Blizzard?
    It would be cool to have a "sneak peek" at the next rewards, maybe not all of them, but the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    It would be cool to have a "sneak peek" at the next rewards, maybe not all of them, but the big ones.
    Yes, agreed.