Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would have done Chromatic drakes myself so we could play actual dragons. Nefarian worked to perfect chromatic dragonkind and it makes sense he was just working on what his father started. Let Wrathion find a creche with chromatic dragon eggs. Ofc I'd also have had evokers able to fill every role.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'd love to have playable Naga. Suffice to say they still have to get over the technical "muh saddle" issue.
    What issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Because Drakonid look like absolute shit.
    Yeah, the obsession with Drakonids really boggle the mind. Thank goodness Blizzard chose a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't understand why they'd need to pull a new race out of thin air when the Drakonids the fans wanted were right there ready and waiting. They could be from any Dragonflight.

I agree and made a point to say as much in other posts. But some argued against the fact that they aren't related to dragons and that Dracthyr are because they were crated BY dragons. Drakonids are mortals who undergo a ritual to transform into part dragon hybrids. SO to me it's kind of like potato, Po-tat-o.

Drakonids would be a great fit as you say because they already where a thing in game. Also ANY race can be one so you could have little traits from each race on each one. But that would probably be too much work so they just made a human female variant and belf variant. With one common central transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    if they gave Evoker to the existing races, it'd be most popular among elves
    Why do you assume that?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They didn't. They couldn't reach it, they knew where it was. Alexstrasza is literally right above Tyr's beacon to grab the Watcher after he opens access to the isles.

Which you would know if you had simply watched the expansion cinematic.

You sure those "inconsistencies" aren't just you not actually knowing the lore?
    Are you sure you're not just misunderstanding the post?

It could have given a *different* explanation in some respects, and an actual explanation for true inconsistencies. Like the Eredar retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Are you sure you're not just misunderstanding the post?

It could have given a *different* explanation in some respects, and an actual explanation for true inconsistencies. Like the Eredar retcon.
    That's not what you said before. And no, it would just replace them with new inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    What issue?

That looks like they would slide right down the side, especially dripping wet while riding over bumpy terrain.

That looks like they would slide right down the side, especially dripping wet while riding over bumpy terrain.
    ...i don't think that reads quite the way you intended it.

...i don't think that reads quite the way you intended it.
    Could be one of their /flirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, the obsession with Drakonids really boggle the mind. Thank goodness Blizzard chose a different direction.
    Just another race that is huge and looks like they eat steroid powdered eggs with a steroid shake every day for breakfast, I guess some people are so insecure with themselves they can't feel like a man unless they're just a big walking mound of muscle

10+ Year Old Account
    Neltharion makes sense just fine, given his propensity for combining flights and creating new dragon forms.

Nozdormu isn't so underhanded as to have basically created a private army. Plus, if their purpose were to defend the timeways... they'd probably be... you know, doing that in some capacity. They're really just a military force.

As for the Drakonids... They're honestly pretty bland looking. Big hulking dragon creatures; that's about it. I think the Dracthyr could have been given even more options on both sides of the body type spectrum (even more muscular options and even more hourglass shaped options) but as it stands they have waaaay more customizability (and wings) than we've seen out of Drakonids.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

People rode side saddle and didn't fall off, despite looking like they should.

Also, why would they be wet?

People rode side saddle and didn't fall off, despite looking like they should.

Also, why would they be wet?
    Why would the sea creatures be wet?

Listen to yourself.

They would strap themselves to the sides of their mounts like Tom Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Why would the sea creatures be wet?

Listen to yourself.
    Sea creatures are wet when they're in the sea. If they're riding horses around a mountain, they aren't going to be wet. If they're flying on dragons, they won't be wet.

Sea creatures are wet when they're in the sea. If they're riding horses around a mountain, they aren't going to be wet. If they're flying on dragons, they won't be wet.
    What if its raining?

I'm gonna say that depends on exactly how they're riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What if its raining?
    Then they're like every other race.
    I'm gonna say that depends on exactly how they're riding.