Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I got KSH without needing a single pot or flask but again i am here for myself only and tend to look at those i run keys with as people i work with just there to get it over with. Do i care about pushing my toon to the absolute maximum? Is it required? If its not required why even bother? If you do not care for ranks or performance or any other metric why does it matter? What if i want to spend my time in a lobby game not farming? Its very simple things like that and i got KSH in early January, the min max always push the hardest shit like its a real world or life equivilant needs to go off and die. The goal is to be average anything above it is a bonus not a requirement. I would rather the game die ( i only play until KSM / KSH then unsub anyway ) then conform back into a MMO of yesteryear and speaking of which most MMOs are terrible to begin with.
    What an absolute bs take, again.

Consumables are literally free stats for nothing.
    It's like gems and enchants, or you don't use those either? I have a feeling.

But oh my, oh geez, don't you spend 30 secs on the AH to buy enough shit for an entire season. How dare people think you should do that. Oh the humanity, who has time for that. They only make everything faster afterall in timed content. What difference does it make, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got KSH without needing a single pot or flask but again i am here for myself only and tend to look at those i run keys with as people i work with just there to get it over with. Do i care about pushing my toon to the absolute maximum? Is it required? If its not required why even bother? If you do not care for ranks or performance or any other metric why does it matter?
    Sure, you can run without flasks or pots but that's really more of an issue of being a skilled player. Additionally, let's look at it another way, do you want your groups to succeed? If so, would you want to stack odds in your favor for succeeding? Then that's where folks would say that it's reasonable to use food/pots/flasks.

We're not saying that you need to min/max to the nth degree and get every tiny bit of throughput but for the general playerbase, at the minimum for pushing keys in PuG settings then players should try to take reasonable steps to ensure their success.

For instance, even getting an enchantment on a piece of gear (but not necessarily T3) would be better than having no enchantment at all. Additionally, most enchants at this point are fairly cheap relative to the start of a season.

Now the real question is what are the reasonable steps that a players should take?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Sure, you can run without flasks or pots but that's really more of an issue of being a skilled player. Additionally, let's look at it another way, do you want your groups to succeed? If so, would you want to stack odds in your favor for succeeding? Then that's where folks would say that it's reasonable to use food/pots/flasks.

We're not saying that you need to min/max to the nth degree and get every tiny bit of throughput but for the general playerbase, at the minimum for pushing keys in PuG settings then players should try to take reasonable steps to ensure their success.

For instance, even getting an enchantment on a piece of gear (but not necessarily T3) would be better than having no enchantment at all. Additionally, most enchants at this point are fairly cheap relative to the start of a season.

Now the real question is what are the reasonable steps that a players should take?
    I agree but the gains of those items better outweigh the costs and if its required or not. If its not required why should i? Thats the mindset i have ran into. Missing kicks has more of a impact then any food or flask and now looking at the nerfs over the months it seems even less so now. Its either required or its not in my opinion and i do not see MMO's as more of a commitment game then a single player rpg ( Divinity 2 is brilliant btw ).

Levels of success are different also, i just want to time the key it does not matter if we have 12 seconds to spare or 12 mins since i care little about standings or ranking or anything of the sort. If its required then sure i will do it but until its required i refuse to give any more then the basic bits. Plus lets be honest here will a tank using a dps flask in a 20 really make the difference between timing it or not?

This is joke, really....

On bnet (eu realms) we have warning message saying that scheduled maintenance makes realms go down on 05.04 from 04:00 - 05:00 server time.

We decide to start AA +22 key @ ~02:40 am server time (more than 80 mins to complete the key). We get ready, pop in the key, kill first pack and we get warning that realms go down in 15 minutes (meaning 03:00 am instead of ALREADY ANNOUNCED 04:00 am )

Gg blizz... gg.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty standard for EU recently it feels like, we had two full maintenances in a week or two ago and I was unable to login for a bit earlier today due to incompatible realms. A bit annoying that they didn't update the message, the question now is will it be down for an hour or two hours? Was trying to finish some weekly knowledge/quests.

Regarding consumables if its below a 10 I wouldn't stress much about it. Higher than that I'd expect people to be using Flasks/Runes/etc and have their gear mainly enchanted (weapons maybe writs or lower rank devotions). I haven't PUG'ed this season so far besides a half group, generally run with Guildies/Friends, but not been a fan of 20's being the best gear, because it makes them mandatory for Raiding due to gear and I don't love running M+.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Plus lets be honest here will a tank using a dps flask in a 20 really make the difference between timing it or not?
    It could, but on avg I would have to say no, but a 20 is well beyond what the avg m+er runs anyway, but yeah I'd expect everyone to run consumes for 20s and up.

And yes divinity 2 is amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    This is joke, really....

On bnet (eu realms) we have warning message saying that scheduled maintenance makes realms go down on 05.04 from 04:00 - 05:00 server time.

We decide to start AA +22 key @ ~02:40 am server time (more than 80 mins to complete the key). We get ready, pop in the key, kill first pack and we get warning that realms go down in 15 minutes (meaning 03:00 am instead of ALREADY ANNOUNCED 04:00 am )

Gg blizz... gg.
    Timezones are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Timezones are hard.

*** Server time ***

Yay perfect.... depleted 2nd key in row because of DCs (legit DCs).

And were down from +19 good key to +17 shit key,.

In +19 our healer got dc (long 1) so we had to deplete it to +18.

Then in +18 our tank got MULTIPLE dcs >>>> down to +17.

and now we have to do (potentially) 2 more dungeons in order to reach our weekly +20 again.

Big blizzard brain.

THIS is how they punish their players.

Just let us choose key difficulty as we used to choose Torghast difficulty.

and now we have to do (potentially) 2 more dungeons in order to reach our weekly +20 again.

Big blizzard brain.

If they do that, then you should only get loot in your vault if you time the 20, otherwise if it's out of time you get nothing, just like in raids.

I mean I personally wouldn't give a shit if keys below 21 never down ranked but choose your difficulty? Absolutely fucking not. Joe Schmo choosing his 20 freehold weekly no leaver 90 minute run should not be a meta for getting max vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean I personally wouldn't give a shit if keys below 21 never down ranked but choose your difficulty? Absolutely fucking not. Joe Schmo choosing his 20 freehold weekly no leaver 90 minute run should not be a meta for getting max vault.
    whats stops him from doing that now? except for wasting more time in LFD.

whats stops him from doing that now?
    You need to actually make a 20 key to weekly no leaver it. Nobody is inviting some random low IO score to their 20s so the only way a person below the skill level of a 20 is getting a 20 is by running their own key and getting carried and at least that takes effort. I didn't think I needed to spell this out, this should be obvious.

Like I said, I don't give a shit if they removed the down raking of keys below 21s. That shit is only relevant for competitive IO pushing and not needed outside of that. Legit no fucking shot anyone thinks they should be able to just click a button and be given a 20 key for free, talk about a fucking joke suggestion it doesn't get any more clowny than that one.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-05-29 at 11:44 PM.

OP gets more people to leave his keys in a week than I have in an entire season. Must be a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    OP gets more people to leave his keys in a week than I have in an entire season. Must be a coincidence.
    dc =/= leave.

It was grp of bnet friends.

As many have suggested.

And then we get trolled by blizzard. Re-pushing keys now because of that.

dc =/= leave.
    It's impossible for the game to see the difference. If somebody wants to leave and avoid penalties, they can just unplug their internet.

Or let's say you want to pause it to stretch the timer, or do other shenanigans, have one player "dc" for a bit.

It sucks when you dc, but there's no good way for the game to see a legit dc vs shenanigans.

dc =/= leave.

It was grp of bnet friends.

As many have suggested.

And then we get trolled by blizzard. Re-pushing keys now because of that.
    How is people DC'ing the fault of Blizzard?

I have such rock solid stable connection I DC once in every 6 months maybe.
    Yall need better network or if you live in England I guess you just gotta deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account

Big blizzard brain.

Thats strange to get so many DCs tbh. I barelly remember when i had DC. Even if i had i back in 10sec lol Check ur internet provider berfore flaming blizzard servers Havent noticed ur problems. Im sucefully pugging since WoD with no problems you described. Doin M+ and raiding HC.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-05-31 at 12:33 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Thats strange to get so many DCs tbh. I barelly remember when i had DC. Even if i had i back in 10sec lol Check ur internet provider berfore flaming blizzard servers Havent noticed ur problems. Im sucefully pugging since WoD with no problems you described. Doin M+ and raiding HC.
    earlier today Oceanic servers had some issues, I got dc'd for the first time this expansion. I can't even remember the last time I was disconnected due to Blizzard services going down. as you said it is almost definitely to do with their internet provider rather than Blizzard themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    earlier today Oceanic servers had some issues, I got dc'd for the first time this expansion. I can't even remember the last time I was disconnected due to Blizzard services going down. as you said it is almost definitely to do with their internet provider rather than Blizzard themselves.
    Dunno im playin EU. Anyway his posts are since ferbuary about same problem so its really 0% chance its servers problem :P