Why does no one seem to get Demonic Appetite?

Demonic Appetite may not be the best in 2s or 3s arena, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t make 1v1 or wPvP a joke vs many classes.

DPS classes with a lot of self-healing are always strong, and with Demonic Appetite you get “free” 30% total HP heals (with talents) + 30 Fury every time it procs. And it procs about 6 times per minute.

Which means you’ll get ~180% of your total HP in healing per minute from Demonic Appetite alone. That’s not counting Leech from Meta, or Fodder to the Flame (which heals 55% of your total HP with Demonic Appetite, instead of 25%).

Is Demonic Appetite reduced in PvP? Because it doesn’t seem that way to me.

Why is this talent never seen in top-end PvP builds?
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Ah yes, the memories.

My old youtube crappy videos..."The Healing Demon Hunter spec" for world pvp...still with old talent system in BfA.

I remember testing Demonic Appetite in Shadowlands and notice the drop rate of orbs was extremely nerfed (compared to BfA) so i never played it again.
    Now? In Dragonflight?
    I have no idea how is the proc rate now :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Ah yes, the memories.

My old youtube crappy videos..."The Healing Demon Hunter spec" for world pvp...still with old talent system in BfA.

I remember testing Demonic Appetite in Shadowlands and notice the drop rate of orbs was extremely nerfed (compared to BfA) so i never played it again.
    Now? In Dragonflight?
    I have no idea how is the proc rate now :3
    Has a PPM of 6...so if you get a lucky string it could keep you alive or if RNG isn't in your favor...

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Has a PPM of 6...so if you get a lucky string it could keep you alive or if RNG isn't in your favor...
    I dont remember exactly what was underwhelming in Shadowlands...either the proc rate or the healing...or both.
    But something was nerfed.

I rewatched my 4 year old video

In BFA it used to heal 11k health to a 100k health Demon Hunter.

Nice nostalgia trip watching that video

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I dont remember exactly what was underwhelming in Shadowlands...either the proc rate or the healing...or both.
    But something was nerfed.

I rewatched my 4 year old video

In BFA it used to heal 11k health to a 100k health Demon Hunter.

Nice nostalgia trip watching that video
    In any case, it seems to have been buffed since Shadowlands.

With the generic DH talent tree, you can immediately make Soul Shards heal for 10% more. That's a flat 10%, if I'm not mistaken. If so, that boosts the healing from Soul Shards "eaten" by Havoc DH from 20% total HP healing, to 30% total HP healing.

This is happening six times per minute, on average. So imagine Fodder to the Flame healing, except happening 6 times per minute.

Also, there is direct synergy between Fodder to the Flame and Demonic Appetite: the healing is boosted from 25% from Fodder to the Flame, to 55% total HP thanks to Demonic Appetite. Needless to say, that's half a Lay on Hands with just one ability - and that doesn't count against the 6 PPM that regular Demonic Appetite has.

The self-healing may not be worth it in Arenas - which supposedly nerfs the healing of Soul Shards - but in wPvP, 1v1, 1vN, duels? I think it's self-evident that Demonic Appetite is one of the strongest talents for that type of PvP.

Thus the topic: why don't people take it? Is it just ignorance? Is it because people assume its as bad as it was in Shadowlands? Do people just not care enough to make several different builds for PvP, despite how easy it is? Is it just a playstyle thing? (If so, I hope they like losing to everything unless they have a healer.)

The question is legitimate, not rhetorical.
    Last edited by Jinnobi; 2023-02-07 at 10:32 AM.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard