Love is in the Air 2023

Love is in the Air 2023
    This year, Love is in the Air will run from February 6th through the 20th. This event was based around Valentine’s Day, giving players a chance to give and receive gifts throughout Azeroth.

New in 2023
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Love is in the Air world event is right around the corner, and we’re sharing the love this holiday season.

We’ve heard your feedback on the frustrations with X-45 Heartbreaker’s low drop rate and feeling the pressure of having to farm the mount by cycling through as many alts as possible every day. From now on, the first Heart-Shaped Box you receive each day across your Battle.net account will have a greatly increased chance to contain the X-45 Heartbreaker mount.

Any subsequent Heart-Shaped Boxes you earn on your characters after the first each day will drop the mount at the previous, original rate.

Love is in the Air begins on February 6 at 10:00 a.m. PST in all regions. So spritz on your favorite perfume and head to the Shadowfang Keep event dungeon to defeat Apothecary Hummel for your chance at the fantastic flying fuschia fuselage you’ve fancied far too fervently for what seems like forever.

Good luck adventurers!

Lovely Charm Collection
    To start collecting Lovely Charms, players must purchase a Lovely Charm Collector's Kit from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet. With it in their inventory, players will be rewarded with Lovely Charms whenever they fight enemies which would grant XP or Honor.

The Event Boss: Apothecary Hummel
    You can queue through the dungeon finder to kill Apothecary Hummel, who drops a Heart-Shaped Box or Heart-Shaped Carton (depending on your level) for the first kill of the day - this can contain:

Apothecary Hummel also drops a random neck piece from the following list:

Upon killing Apothecary Hummel for the first time you will also be awarded a Faded Lovely Greeting Card, which will begin the quest Something is in the Air (and it Ain’t Love).

Quests
    In Orgrimmar and Stormwind you will find the Love is in the Air areas, where a Junior Detective will be waiting for you with the introduction quest Uncommon Scents. Completion will unlock a quest chain which includes:

Gift to Faction Leaders
    The Faction Leader daily quests are repeatable quests that require players to turn in a Lovely Charm Bracelet to the leader of their choice. The rewards will always be 5 Love Token and a Lovely Card, which increases stats based on the faction leader.

Horde

Alliance

Daily Quests

Rewards
    Love is in the Air rewards can be purchased at a Lovely Merchant in major cities, in exchange for Love Token.

Mounts

Toys

Pets

Transmog and Love is in the Air Set

Heirloom

Miscellaneous

Achievements
    The following achievements are able to be earned during the event. Everything under the Fool For Love category is needed as part of the meta for What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been, which awards Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake when completed.

Name Side Reward
    Fool For Love Complete the Love is in the Air achievements listed below.
    Title Reward: <Name> the Love Fool
    Be Mine! Eat the eight "Bag of Candies" heart candies listed below.
    Beacon of Love Have 25 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.
    Charming Create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets.
    Dangerous Love Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel in stopping the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.
    Fistful of Love Use a Handful of Rose Petals on each of the race/class combinations listed below.
    Flirt With Disaster Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on Sraaz and then kiss him. You'll regret it in the morning.
    Alliance
    Flirt With Disaster Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on Jeremiah Payson and then kiss him. You'll regret it in the morn...
    Horde
    I Pitied The Fool Pity the Love Fool in the locations specified below.
    It Might Just Save Your Life Unleash the power of love contained within a holiday necklace.
    Lonely? Enjoy a Buttermilk Delight with someone in Dalaran at a Romantic Picnic during the Love is in the Air celebration.
    Love Magnet Have 10 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.
    Lovely Luck Is On Your Side Open a Lovely Dress Box and receive a Lovely Black Dress.
    My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose Obtain a Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses during the Love is in the Air celebration.
    Nation of Adoration Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each Alliance capital.
    Alliance
    Nation of Adoration Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each Horde capital.
    Horde
    Perma-Peddle Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet pet by procuring a Truesilver Shafted Arrow.
    Shafted! Shoot 10 players with the Silver Shafted Arrow.
    Sweet Tooth Sample the Love is in the Air candies listed below.
    The Rocket's Pink Glare Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less.
    They Really Love Me! Have 50 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.
    Tough Love Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2023-02-06 at 05:18 PM.

And so it begins, 2 weeks of pure pain.

Thanks to Shadowlands, I won't have as many characters to farm it daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    And so it begins, 2 weeks of pure pain.

Thanks to Shadowlands, I won't have as many characters to farm it daily.
    I have some 60s on my old realms, but on my current - thanks to my altoholism - I only have 2 above 60 T_T

Hopefully that First-Box-of-the-Day bonus helps.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in Classic, "LFM HUMMEL 5 SUMMON GROUP MOUNT HR"

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I finally got the Love Rocket last year no more running that dungeon over and over ...

Don't bother grinding for anything. Just whine loud enough that they nerf whatever it is you want.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Don't bother grinding for anything. Just whine loud enough that they nerf whatever it is you want.
    If someone can go literally from the very first Love is in the Air that had the rocket released back in 2009 until today, that's not grinding. That's an obscene amount of time to dedicated to throwing yourself at a boss, multiple times if possible, and pray you had the luck to get something with such a low drop rate, it might as well not exist. Same went with the Sha of Anger mount, and that thing didn't even exist in-game for a good chunk of Mists of Pandaria. Getting upset over this is a nonissue. Let people enjoy things.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Where do you think the best charm farm spot is?

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    "We’ve heard your feedback on the frustrations with X-45 Heartbreaker’s low drop rate and feeling the pressure of having to farm the mount by cycling through as many alts as possible every day. From now on, the first Heart-Shaped Box you receive each day across your Battle.net account will have a greatly increased chance to contain the X-45 Heartbreaker mount.

Any subsequent Heart-Shaped Boxes you earn on your characters after the first each day will drop the mount at the previous, original rate."

So you mind as well do it once per day.
    Well....no. It's not as if the subsequent boxes on other characters have a 0 percent chance of dropping it. Just the original one. So by doing it with more than one, you just increase your chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If someone can go literally from the very first Love is in the Air that had the rocket released back in 2009 until today, that's not grinding. That's an obscene amount of time to dedicated to throwing yourself at a boss, multiple times if possible, and pray you had the luck to get something with such a low drop rate, it might as well not exist. Same went with the Sha of Anger mount, and that thing didn't even exist in-game for a good chunk of Mists of Pandaria. Getting upset over this is a nonissue. Let people enjoy things.
    Is it not the same idea to keep the drop rate the same so that people who have the mount can enjoy something that's rare? That's the whole novelty behind the mount. Is that it's extremely rare and coveted for that rarity. Now that rarity is probably gone. Already have 2 people in my guild who have gotten the mount and probably more over the coming weeks. Entirely unfair to those who have gotten it at the original drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ASecretOne View Post
    Is it not the same idea to keep the drop rate the same so that people who have the mount can enjoy something that's rare? That's the whole novelty behind the mount. Is that it's extremely rare and coveted for that rarity. Now that rarity is probably gone. Already have 2 people in my guild who have gotten the mount and probably more over the coming weeks. Entirely unfair to those who have gotten it at the original drop rate.
    You having the mount sooner than them doesn't change the fact you already had it before they got it. Oh boy, you have an older line of code than they do. You still have the achievement to prove when you got it. If you need to flex that bad over people, maybe take a long look at yourself. Let people enjoy things.

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

You having the mount sooner than them doesn't change the fact you already had it before they got it. Oh boy, you have an older line of code than they do. You still have the achievement to prove when you got it. If you need to flex that bad over people, maybe take a long look at yourself. Let people enjoy things.
    Sounds like you just want to take things from some so others can feel temporary happiness. So again, take a look inside to see the net negative here bud and let people enjoy things.

Sounds like you just want to take things from some so others can feel temporary happiness. So again, take a look inside to see the net negative here bud and let people enjoy things.
    Why would I want to take things away from people? If you got the mount, others getting it post nerf doesn't take away anything from you. I got the mount out of the first box I opened yesterday, after grinding for it off and on since 2009, you gonna cry about that then?

Why would I want to take things away from people? If you got the mount, others getting it post nerf doesn't take away anything from you. I got the mount out of the first box I opened yesterday, after grinding for it off and on since 2009, you gonna cry about that then?
    The mount is its rarity. You're supporting taking that away for what? So some people can get it, ride it around for a week, then forget about it? Why should we buff drop rates and get rid of rare things in the game? Why not make everything a 100% drop rate at that point if rarity is no longer a factor in the game?

The mount is its rarity. You're supporting taking that away for what? So some people can get it, ride it around for a week, then forget about it? Why should we buff drop rates and get rid of rare things in the game? Why not make everything a 100% drop rate at that point if rarity is no longer a factor in the game?
    Go for it. Won't bother me any.