Vengance Demon Hunter Noob Question Help

Hello guys. I'm new on this forum and I apologize for opening a topic related to classes in the general discussion, but I see that there was a last answer in the class section 10 days ago, and I need help with my Demon Hunter. I played a bit of Demon Hunter when the class first came out and then I stop with WoW until now. Since I plan to level through dungeons, I want to be a Tank DH. Please, can anyone write me a rotation for the Vengance specialization, but for a low level because I am currently 40. Everything I found on the internet is related to the maximum level of the class and they mention abilities that I don't even have yet. I currently have over 10 abilities/spells that I can use, but I doubt all of them are tanking ones. I would be very grateful if someone could write which attacks to use in dungeons as a tank for a small level ( 40 atm ).

Not really a rotation. Spec over to spirit bomb, fracture on cooldown, dump souls into bomb, use demon spikes, pop meta for big pulls where you'll take a lot of damage.

There is really nothing to worry about while leveling. Bomb should be enough to keep AoE threat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by MKG View Post
    Hello guys. I'm new on this forum and I apologize for opening a topic related to classes in the general discussion, but I see that there was a last answer in the class section 10 days ago, and I need help with my Demon Hunter. I played a bit of Demon Hunter when the class first came out and then I stop with WoW until now. Since I plan to level through dungeons, I want to be a Tank DH. Please, can anyone write me a rotation for the Vengance specialization, but for a low level because I am currently 40. Everything I found on the internet is related to the maximum level of the class and they mention abilities that I don't even have yet. I currently have over 10 abilities/spells that I can use, but I doubt all of them are tanking ones. I would be very grateful if someone could write which attacks to use in dungeons as a tank for a small level ( 40 atm ).
    Use Demon Spikes to mitigate melee damage from mobs. Use Brand as a single target offensive and defensive CD. Use meta as a general offensive or defensive CD. Talent fracture and spirit bomb, use fracture to get 4+ Souls then spirit bomb in aoe, then soul cleave to dumb excess fury. In single target you can just spam soul cleave and not worry about spirit bomb. Use Fel Dev on CD, talent demonic and it will put you in meta.

It's basically the same as max level, you are just missing some passives that improve gameplay and a few offensive CDs and don't have to worry about frailty stacking to min max with CDs yet. You're fine playing exactly like those guides say for the most part.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-02-19 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKG View Post
    So, in order to be a good vdh tank:

Demon Spikes to mitigate damage - NOTE: When demon spikes fall off, you get an additional buff that reduces dmg by 15% for some seconds. - AKA DO NOT OVERLAP DEMON SPIKES.

Feiry brand on CD Unless you expect massive dmg in the forseeable future.

Dump soul shards into spirit bomb IF IF IF you have 3+ souls.
    If you have sub 3 souls, you spam soul cleave (single target).
    on 5+ targets, you should always use spirit bomb.

In Meta, NEVER USE SOUL CLEAVE SUB 3 SOULS EVER.

FD on CD.

Sigil (green one) on CD.

Fracture on CD.

Don't waste leap charges, you'll need them for kiting, if shit hits the fan.

Don't spec into weird shit.
    copy Phakingdh-draenor spec, he's one of the best DH tanks in the game.

Don't be afraid to pull mobs, the more you tank, the easier it is for you to survive.

VDH HEALS BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF DMG THEY TAKE FOR THE PAST 6 SECONDS -> More mobs = more healing.

For reference, as a VDH in Ruby Life pools, you can litterally tank all of first room in 1 pull and selfheal it.