Proff to go with Enchanting?

Is it better to get skinning to sell leather from all the beasts we kill when questing, or Tailoring to use up the cloth I get to make gear to DE with enchanting.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

It’s better to choose neither. Skinning isn’t really worth it, and Tailoring as a source for enchanting mats result in neglectable gains unless you are mass disenchanting for hours and hours each day ánd have invested enough points in the specialization trees. Your best source for mats are rare spawns. Vendor all your Rare and Uncommon gear items you loot and only DE the Epic items.

I’d go for Mining as a secondary profession. A great source for Rousing/Awakened Order and with enough points into Primal nodes, you can farm all type of Rousing Material (except Decayed, which isn’t used in Enchanting).

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    It’s better to choose neither. Skinning isn’t really worth it, and Tailoring as a source for enchanting mats result in neglectable gains unless you are mass disenchanting for hours and hours each day ánd have invested enough points in the specialization trees. Your best source for mats are rare spawns. Vendor all your Rare and Uncommon gear items you loot and only DE the Epic items.

I’d go for Mining as a secondary profession. A great source for Rousing/Awakened Order and with enough points into Primal nodes, you can farm all type of Rousing Material (except Decayed, which isn’t used in Enchanting).
    I was mostly looking to use tailoring just to use the cloth to craft gear and de. I've given up on making money with Enchanting things. Only rank 3s are selling, and I dont inspiration proc enough to make a profit from anything. Yes, I do have max inspiration talents, plus enchants and gear with it and using incense. Same reason why I'm dropping Alchemy for something to give me passive gold, so I have something coming in to pay for my weekly consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I was mostly looking to use tailoring just to use the cloth to craft gear and de. I've given up on making money with Enchanting things. Only rank 3s are selling, and I dont inspiration proc enough to make a profit from anything. Yes, I do have max inspiration talents, plus enchants and gear with it and using incense. Same reason why I'm dropping Alchemy for something to give me passive gold, so I have something coming in to pay for my weekly consumables.
    Well, like I said, Tailoring as a source for Enchanting mats is not really worth it, as it takes many hours of crafting and disenchanting to see a large profit. These days the gold per hour from mass disenchanting Surveyor’s Cloth Bands is very low, much lower than gathering profs. Unraveling also doesn’t yield a lot of gold, sometimes even a loss.

I really wouldn’t advice going Tailoring for a passive gold income. It’s just too much effort for too little gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Well, like I said, Tailoring as a source for Enchanting mats is not really worth it, as it takes many hours of crafting and disenchanting to see a large profit. These days the gold per hour from mass disenchanting Surveyor’s Cloth Bands is very low, much lower than gathering profs. Unraveling also doesn’t yield a lot of gold, sometimes even a loss.

I really wouldn’t advice going Tailoring for a passive gold income. It’s just too much effort for too little gain.
    I thought of maybe dropping enchanting for jewelcrafting to craft gems, but also for the panther mounts. I have the rep for them. Do they sell? I also have the vial of the sands recipe for Alch, but that mount only sells like 1 a week for like 5k. Though, that does cover my consumable expenses.

I've been trying to tell the Tomes of Illusion from Ench, but they dont sell.

If you want to make gold:
    Pick Jewelcrafting, go full into Signet of Titanic Insight with specific and general traits so you can craft it on highest level, advertise in trade chat -> incredible profit.

I let them pick the fee they are willing to pay, most give 2000-10000g. The recrafting mats are so cheap (~300G) you can even advertise with free recrafts. I make 100k gold (and more) when I bother standing there for an hour spamming trade chat.

There is no need for the Lariat or Ring-Bound Hourglass, I would rather sell the recipe if I got my hands on them.

Hi. The the choice ultimately depends on your personal playstyle and goals.

If you prefer to focus on making gold, skinning can be a good choice since you can sell the leather you gather from the beasts you kill while questing. Leather is always in demand, especially early in expansions when players are leveling up their characters and professions. As a skinner, you can gather leather and sell it on the auction house, or use it to craft items and sell those instead.

On the other hand, if you plan to focus on Enchanting as your main profession, Tailoring can be a good choice because it provides a steady supply of cloth that you can use to make gear to disenchant. Disenchanting items can provide valuable materials that you can then use to create enchanting materials or sell on the auction house. Additionally, Tailoring also allows you to craft bags, which are always in demand and can be sold for a profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    With ench you can go for JC or Inscription if you dont like to be a gatherer. If you want to be gatherer go for mining (or herb but more gold income from mining).

On main im JC + Insc. Great gold makeing professions but you need to invest some gold to skill it up. After that you just milk the market easly.
    On alt im miner + herb. Awesome income but need to fly around and spend more time.

From all of those JC is the greatest. Spend some time and gold to skill it up. But the income is sick and dont need to do anythin except advertise on trade or check for customers on trade they are lookin for JC. And remember one thing. All crafting profs are limited and gated behind illustrous insights :P Of you cant try to farm dragons knowledge but its pain in the ass after you loot 1 or 2 on normal activities during the week.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-03-03 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Is it better to get skinning to sell leather from all the beasts we kill when questing, or Tailoring to use up the cloth I get to make gear to DE with enchanting.
    Best thing to do with enchanting is to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If you want to make gold:
    Pick Jewelcrafting, go full into Signet of Titanic Insight with specific and general traits so you can craft it on highest level, advertise in trade chat -> incredible profit.

I let them pick the fee they are willing to pay, most give 2000-10000g. The recrafting mats are so cheap (~300G) you can even advertise with free recrafts. I make 100k gold (and more) when I bother standing there for an hour spamming trade chat.

There is no need for the Lariat or Ring-Bound Hourglass, I would rather sell the recipe if I got my hands on them.
    I dropped Ench for JC and have gone gems spec. Thanks to tuesday sales, and some of the panthers selling including the onyx panther, i'm almost back to 2 mil gold from 1.3 mil.