Thread: Macro help

Macro help

Looking for something along the lines of

@showtooltip Thistle Tea
    /cast [mod:alt]Cold Blood: [mod:shift,@mouseover]Shuriken Toss; [nomod]Thistle Tea

Not sure which part of the macro I am writing wrong but I can't get seem to get the 'shift' modifier to work here, only the 'alt' and 'nomod' one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nitsu View Post
    Looking for something along the lines of

@showtooltip Thistle Tea
    /cast [mod:alt]Cold Blood: [mod:shift,@mouseover]Shuriken Toss; [nomod]Thistle Tea

Not sure which part of the macro I am writing wrong but I can't get seem to get the 'shift' modifier to work here, only the 'alt' and 'nomod' one.
    It seems to be written fine (though you don't really need the [nomod], since these conditions are fall-through--if the shift and alt conditionals fail, it'll just do the Thistle Tea even without the [nomod]), but a common issue is that "shift-<whatever button the macro is on>" is often already bound to something in the UI. If it's something that doesn't show on the screen obviously, it'll appear that the macro just isn't working.

So if, for example, you have that macro on T, "shift-T" is probably already a bind in the default settings. You'd want to go into the keybindings and just assign shift-T to something and then immediately unbind it, a quick way to free up that binding without searching for where that bind is (when you bind it to something random in order to unbind it, the UI will tell you what it had been bound to, so you can decide if you want to put that bind back in place and move your macro to a different button).
    Last edited by shanthi; 2023-02-23 at 06:25 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    It seems to be written fine (though you don't really need the [nomod], since these conditions are fall-through--if the shift and alt conditionals fail, it'll just do the Thistle Tea even without the [nomod]), but a common issue is that "shift-<whatever button the macro is on>" is often already bound to something in the UI. If it's something that doesn't show on the screen obviously, it'll appear that the macro just isn't working.

So if, for example, you have that macro on T, "shift-T" is probably already a bind in the default settings. You'd want to go into the keybindings and just assign shift-T to something and then immediately unbind it, a quick way to free up that binding without searching for where that bind is (when you bind it to something random in order to unbind it, the UI will tell you what it had been bound to, so you can decide if you want to put that bind back in place and move your macro to a different button).
    The button I have this macro bound to is a a mouse button that I bound to a numbpad button, it has no shared keybinds with anything inside of wow currently. as for the [nomod] I tried it with out having that and anytime I used shift or alt it would use thistle tea the only way I could get it to not use thistle tea was to put the [nomod] in there. So I still can't figure out the issue here, because both 'shift' and 'alt' work on this keybind, but they won't work with all 3abilities in the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by nitsu View Post
    I bound to a numbpad button
    Many numpad keys fire an entirely different hardware event when combined with shift.

Cleaned up the syntax
    Code:
    #showtooltip Thistle Tea
    /cast [mod:alt] Cold Blood: [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [mod:shift] Shuriken Toss; Thistle Tea