15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Browns going to the playoffs on their 4th string FA signed QB, with a 11-5 record going into the last week. Impressive stuff, don't think the Flacco magic will hold up in the playoffs though.
    Losing their starting qb and HoF rb and not really missing a beat. Garret’s insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Did anyone important come back from injury to play well this season? Flacco might have a chance at Comeback Player of the Year.

EDIT: Forgot about Damar Hamlin. He might be impossible to beat.
    The media are really dumb, so they will probably give it to Hamlin even though he's a backup that has barely even seen the field. I've thought it should go to Stafford, but I don't pay attention to most teams to know who else is playing that well that was hurt last season.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely forgot about Mayfield, he'd probably be one of the ones most deserving of it.
    Last edited by Grube; 2023-12-29 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda been an interesting few weeks for Jamal Adams. Got torched by Deebo, went on twitter and started a bunch of shit with a reporter, Pete Carroll is pissed in an interview about it and said they had a talk about it. Right after that interview, Jamal is interviewed at his locker by media where he defends his actions and says "when they go low, I go lower". Gets torched by Ferguson. Pete pissed again and hints towards benching players. Jamal has been on the injury report 3 weeks now with a knee injury bouncing between no practice and limited practice. Pete was pretty coy about it but essentially said hes not gonna play until fully healthy.

Can make fun of the Broncos situation, but the Seahawks nearly did the same with Adams. I don't expect him to be on the roster next year. They need to work some Saints bullshit for next year because as they are sitting, they don't have cap room for draft picks next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to work some Saints bullshit for next year because as they are sitting, they don't have cap room for draft picks next year.
    I wouldn't wish this on you. It's one thing to mess with the cap when winning 11 games a year, but living in this Jeff Fisher 7-8 win limbo makes it hellish.
    /s

Oh snap. The Bills get DaQuan Jones back this week! I think they will need it because I forsee NE throwing the kitchen sink at the Bills this weekend.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I wouldn't wish this on you. It's one thing to mess with the cap when winning 11 games a year, but living in this Jeff Fisher 7-8 win limbo makes it hellish.
    The worst spot to be is an average NFL team. You don't get great draft picks and ownership might not make a change in coach/OC. At least with shitty teams you have hope for the future with top draft choices and a rebuild with likely a new coach.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The worst spot to be is an average NFL team. You don't get great draft picks and ownership might not make a change in coach/OC. At least with shitty teams you have hope for the future with top draft choices and a rebuild with likely a new coach.
    Especially these days when 9-8 is good enough to make the playoffs as a 7th seed and guarantee yourself a pick in the 20s despite getting blown out in the first round each year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jamal Adams got placed on the IR now too. Seems likely they will just cut him with a failed physical designation at this point. Still in rough shape though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Especially these days when 9-8 is good enough to make the playoffs as a 7th seed and guarantee yourself a pick in the 20s despite getting blown out in the first round each year.
    The Seahawks way.

Guess the Lions defense saw the Pistons finally won a game. Gave up a 92 yard TD after whiffing on a safety and the DB falling down the next time they were on the field to offset it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering I want both teams to lose, this has been a great game so far.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly a hot take to say the ESPN broadcast is terrible, but this ESPN broadcast has been super terrible.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait Jerry Jones finally putting Jimmy Johnson in the ring of honor?

Bout time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a stupid ending.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a terrible throw lmao. Very likely a TD if he leads the receiver. Shoulda kicked it after the penalty though.

I like how the broadcast eventually showed 68 go up to the Ref to report eligible.

I like how Decker went up to the ref but got ignored. Lions vs refs is still the greatest rivalry in sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    The refs so colossally fucked up that they really should be fired. 68 absolutely reported, and by not calling him eligible means that Cowboys just left him alone. Royally fucked up an otherwise fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to shower after the game, he really did report as eligible and the refs were just like... nah 70 reported. Looked like he was just trying to be secretive about it, which is kinda silly. The refs announce through the PA system eligible declarations.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a terrible throw lmao. Very likely a TD if he leads the receiver. Shoulda kicked it after the penalty though.
    I guess Campbell doesn’t want to play a second more than necessary before playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I guess Campbell doesn’t want to play a second more than necessary before playoffs.
    Kind of makes sense. I think they would need the Eagles and 49ers to both lose one of their last 2 games to get the #1 seed anyway and the Eagles have Cardinals/Giants left.

- - - Updated - - -

The ref said that Dan Skipper reported as eligible even though it was actually Taylor Decker and Dan Campbell gave the refs a heads up about the play call in case they used it. I'm actually impressed they managed to screw it up that bad.
    Last edited by Grube; 2023-12-31 at 06:40 AM.