Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Burrow has won 0 super bowls. He is a great QB but has not won the big game. I don't care how many times he beats Mahomes, I really don't.

You can choose not to downplay the Lions win, that's fine. It is like, your opinion.

Just pointing out so you get it. Burrow super bowl wins: 0, Mahomes: 2. But Burrow is 3-1 against Mahomes. That'll be what people talk about when discussing SB wins.
    No one mentioned SB wins but you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phillip Rivers never won a damn thing and yet people keep talking about him as a guaranteed HoF'er.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Phillip Rivers never won a damn thing and yet people keep talking about him as a guaranteed HoF'er.
    His trash talk is more worthy of being in the HoF than some of the Steelers and Cowboys players that are in there.

Any QB that started for 15 years is basically a lock to be first ballot HoF regardless of if they where ever top 5 at their position. If he was any other position he would probably have to sweat it out for awhile before getting in but hes a QB so first ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Any QB that started for 15 years is basically a lock to be first ballot HoF regardless of if they where ever top 5 at their position. If he was any other position he would probably have to sweat it out for awhile before getting in but hes a QB so first ballot.
    That has to be a short list.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    But to add to the parallel, i'm pretty sure the Bengals beat the Cheifs @ Burrowhead if the O-line didn't get decimated late in the year. Shit happens. Injuries happen. The likes. Games still gotta be played and playing in "what ifs" are dumb bro.

Pat Mahomes is supposed to be HIM, correct? He couldn't be at Burrowhead against that stout Lions' D. They're gonna be special.

I wonder if KC Karen fans still think Donavan Smith & Juwan Taylor were legit upgrades over Orlando Brown Jr. lol.
    Exactly. If Mahomes is the New GOAT then you gotta expect him to elevate the guys the team does have available. It's what folks like Brady and Rodgers and Manning were all able to do.

The Lions made that impossible, even got a pick 6 for further proof. If they can do that to Mahomes, they can absolutely do it to anyone in the NFC except maybe the Eagles.

- - - Updated - - -

IDK about first ballot but I'm sure he'll find his way in there sometime in the next decade. Probably right around when we start having this exact same conversation about Justin Herbert.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Exactly. If Mahomes is the New GOAT then you gotta expect him to elevate the guys the team does have available. It's what folks like Brady and Rodgers and Manning were all able to do.

The Lions made that impossible, even got a pick 6 for further proof. If they can do that to Mahomes, they can absolutely do it to anyone in the NFC except maybe the Eagles.
    I was down with your points until you made it sound like Mahomes had anything to do with the pick 6 lol. Mahomes can elevate his team mates but he can't cure stone hands. Nothing he could do in that situation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    IDK about first ballot but I'm sure he'll find his way in there sometime in the next decade. Probably right around when we start having this exact same conversation about Justin Herbert.
    Only way I don't see him going first ballot is if they don't want 2 QBs in that class cause Brees is obviously getting it. In that case he might have to wait awhile since Big Ben and Brady would be in the next 2 years and possibly Rodgers the year after that depending on what happens with him this year. But I'm not an expert on if they care about that shit or not.

I hope they just give it to him so I can enjoy the irony of him being a secondary induction to Brees headlining. This would be perfect.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-09-09 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was down with your points until you made it sound like Mahomes had anything to do with the pick 6 lol. Mahomes can elevate his team mates but he can't cure stone hands. Nothing he could do in that situation at all.
    Yeah what the hell. This is Dak Prescott last season all over again.

Most of those drops were right on the money. I don't know how you can elevate WRs who drop balls that hit them in the hands in stride.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weird Matt Corral saga continues.

For those unaware, QB Matt Corral is a former Panthers draft pick, who got cut by the Panthers, and then surprisingly claimed by the Patriots. We assume the Panthers and Corral expected him to end up on the Panthers practice squad, but the Patriots weren;t sold on Bailey Zappe as their back up and claimed him instead.

Fast forward about a week, and on Friday it was reported Corral wasn;t at practice. Everyone assumed that with today's announced move of Zappe going back to the 53 roster that Corral was being waived again.

But apparently not.

Apparently Corral just went AWOL without telling anyone. So now he's been placed on the rarely used "left squad" list and if he returns to the NFL, it will be the Patriots who get first chance to take him back on their roster again. But for now, he's effectively out of the NFL all together.

Corral is not a huge name or important player, but this is definitely the weirdest story in the NFL this season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The weird Matt Corral saga continues.

For those unaware, QB Matt Corral is a former Panthers draft pick, who got cut by the Panthers, and then surprisingly claimed by the Patriots. We assume the Panthers and Corral expected him to end up on the Panthers practice squad, but the Patriots weren;t sold on Bailey Zappe as their back up and claimed him instead.

Fast forward about a week, and on Friday it was reported Corral wasn;t at practice. Everyone assumed that with today's announced move of Zappe going back to the 53 roster that Corral was being waived again.

But apparently not.

Apparently Corral just went AWOL without telling anyone. So now he's been placed on the rarely used "left squad" list and if he returns to the NFL, it will be the Patriots who get first chance to take him back on their roster again. But for now, he's effectively out of the NFL all together.

Corral is not a huge name or important player, but this is definitely the weirdest story in the NFL this season so far.
    You have to be some level of crazy or filthy rich if you walk away from a backup QB job in the NFL. Talk about easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In other news, Burrow signed his extension.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a Chiefs fan or a hater, I have no dog in that fight. But it was an asterisk, not much of one but it still is a thing.
    People acting like this isn't the NFL where almost everyone gets injured and it's an expected part of the game. Would it be an "asterisk" if the Chiefs won because the Lions are without Jameson Williams for the first 6 weeks and their second-best corner is hurt? How far does this line of thinking extend? Do we retroactively say the Patriots really should have won four or five more Super Bowls but Gronkowski was always hurt or fake retiring, so the teams that actually won those years now all have "asterisks"?

This is such a ridiculous take and people need to stop saying it. If NFL games only really count when your team is at 100%, almost none of them count. If anything should be being griped about in this game it is the blatantly poor officiating of the KC offensive line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Carr shouldn't play in black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penning is getting beat on every passing play.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is happening in Ohio?

Desmond Ridder being 8-10 with a TD, but only having 24 yards and 0 net passing yards right now is impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm already looking forward to the Week 1 Overreactions. A tradition like no other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders inactives today are Chandler Jones and then everyone they drafted third round and after this year..
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone they drafted third round and after this year..
    Twins! Well one of our guys is inactive suspended, and our 2nd rounder is also inactive.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm already looking forward to the Week 1 Overreactions. A tradition like no other.
    Burrow is washed!