Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Washington has now went on a 32-3 run after Denver was up 21-3 to start the game. Is this what being a Saints fan used to be like?
    Absolutely. Except they had Brees so they were usally in those types of games. Those 7-9 seasons where the Saints were setting all kinds of offensive records they had some of the worst defenses to ever play the game and STILL managed seven wins.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2023-09-17 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Haha I just looked at the 2015 Saints. Their defensive numbers:

Allowed 45 TDs against 9 INTs and 4.9 yards per carry, last place in NFL in passing and rushing yards per attempt. Went 7-9.
    Had I think four years in a 5 year span like that with 3 in a row. Brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Wilson takes a really bad sack with poor clock management in the drive. Wasted 2 minute warning timeout, burns a timeout on the sack so they don’t have 3 timeouts for the ensuing Washington drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Woo another almost recovered onside by Denver.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I dunno bout this Wilson/Payton combo. I’m still confused why Payton even picked the Broncos in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my gosh. Freaking lucky Hail Mary. Sure looked like a penalty on that 2 pt try at first glance.

No idea how that hail mary worked. It was short, got tipped a couple times, then got caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK about the no-call on the 2pt. Seems like bullshit that the refs call all the time, even though it'd be tacky in my books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    IDK about the no-call on the 2pt. Seems like bullshit that the refs call all the time, even though it'd be tacky in my books.
    Yep, for all the nonsense they call when receivers are touched before the ball arrives in the endzone, they sure as hell should have called it here.

In the end the better team won though, but overtime would have been funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets Redzone D is legit. Happy to see our TEs can catch again, but we need to get better in the redzone. At least we have a kicker now.

and honestly, until the 4th Zack Wilson wasnt playing that bad. The O line is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Denver got bailed out by a non-catch getting called a catch for the hail mary to even happen so I'm fine with them not calling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the Patriots are definitely more competent and together on offense, it's still all not good enough. And it's having a domino effect on the defense.

If the offense just managed to stay on the field more on their last drive, or god forbid, score some more points, then the defense wouldn't have been out there to get more injuries and give up a TD at the end of the half to make the deficit just as problematic as it was last week.

Whatever happens this season, there needs to be more investment on the offense this offseason, cause keeping the offense on the field and scoring points will help out the defense too.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand I feel kinda bad for Saquon getting hurt, on the other I care more about the Giants and I need to remind myself that he's making 11 million this year and in the grand scheme is fine.

But... this is why you don't pay RBs. He had 3.7 yards per carry and gained under 5 yards per reception today. He has barely more rushing yards than Daniel Jones has. And he hurt his ankle and will most likely be out next week at least.
    He also made a spectacular individual effort play for the TD that got you back in the game. You may not want to pay him, but don't short change his performance by only looking at his counting stats.

There's literally no one on the Giants roster except maybe Darius Slayton that is athletic enough to make the play Saquan did there, and he barely was able to make it. Without that play you are down 14 points, and it's 4th down and goal from the 9 yard line. Your plays just before that play had you going backwards or nowhere at all. And with just 1 super athletic play Saquan changed the whole equation. Now you are down 1 score, pending XP, with plenty of time on the clock to make things happen.

I saw a LOT of your game today due to redzone and the Patriots not playing till late, so do your own players some justice when talking about them, cause Saquan was one of the main reasons you came back and won that game.

On the one hand I feel kinda bad for Saquon getting hurt, on the other I care more about the Giants and I need to remind myself that he's making 11 million this year and in the grand scheme is fine.

But... this is why you don't pay RBs. He had 3.7 yards per carry and gained under 5 yards per reception today. He has barely more rushing yards than Daniel Jones has. And he hurt his ankle and will most likely be out next week at least.
    When people say not to pay RBs they mean long term contracts with huge guaranteed money, cause they could slow down at 27 or 28 or 29 you never really know with them and it's a huge gamble. Tagging a RB for 11 mil for 1 year is hardly paying them and I don't see how NYG could of better spent that 11 mil to be completely honest. That's not enough to get an impact player in FA and it's a 1 year deal so it doesn't ruin future cap space.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-09-18 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feeling a lot like last week with all these kicks.

- - - Updated - - -

And a horrible INT from Carr, very much like last week.
    /s

Man that was a terrible throw by Carr.

- - - Updated - - -

O-line of the Saints getting pushed around pretty badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least it isn't all Penning's fault this time. They're all playing badly.
    /s

Gotta love that forced turnover nullified by a 'holding' call no where near any part of the play as the QB was getting murdered soon after he said Hike.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy catch by Olave leads to a TD drive. Also got Taysom throwing a pass, what I like to see. Also, I really think Olave could have got up and run, he didn't complete the catch until he juggled it (because he was being held) and got up to spike the ball which rolled out of bounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had similar thoughts about Olave's catch, wasn't sure he got touched, hopefully he doesn't spike it too many times on close ones like that, but can't fault him being excited about that ridiculous grab.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I had similar thoughts about Olave's catch, wasn't sure he got touched, hopefully he doesn't spike it too many times on close ones like that, but can't fault him being excited about that ridiculous grab.
    Oh I totally get being excited for that crazy catch (love the lack of a penalty flag when that one was more obvious than the holding call on the Saints forced fumble). Carr gets sacked yet again on a promising drive.

I am glad the Saints are using Taysom Hill more, want to see him getting passes thrown to him as well because he's just that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated that 3rd and 2 play call when the Panthers are so bad at stopping the run and the Saints are so bad in pass protection.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I hated that 3rd and 2 play call when the Panthers are so bad at stopping the run and the Saints are so bad in pass protection.
    Yup, they tried to get cute and got burned for it. At least the Saints defense is handling the Panthers offense. Saints just need to go get a TD and end this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this announcing team sucks ass. Plenty of mistakes on down and distance, team name, what X needs to do what happened with Y. Orlovsky was a shit QB and apparently that has translated to the announcing booth.

Big Shaheed catch, bout time! Followed by a big Taysom Hill run.

- - - Updated - - -

There we fucking go, get the ball to Olave and ice the game. Edit: Damn he stepped out of bounds.

Power run by Hill to get that first and goal. NOW the game should be iced
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2023-09-19 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chubb's knee got destroyed by fuckhead Minkah Fitzpatrick. That was such a dirty hit, and probably ends Chubbs career too.

NFL's too timid to do more than a fine and maaaybe a 1 game suspension.

But Vontaze Burfict was the problem