Page 6 of 156 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Chiefs rank 29th but have 2 recent Super Bowls.

I feel like there's a conclusion to pull from that, but I'll leave it up to everyone to decide if it's good on the front office or bad on the report cards.
    Yea, this report card would be such a odd way to determine anything really. As Slowpoke said, KC has 2 Rings in 4 years but a horrid placing in the report. Logic surely dictates that the rings mean there is good ownership/management in place, but at the same time the report somewhat shows that ownership/management is poor.

Then you can look at Dallas, which we are all very well aware the Scrooge McJerry throws money at the team like nobody else putting them at #5. But their last Super Bowl appearance was in the 1995 season.

And then you have the Vikings at #1, who I guess I didn't realize had such amazing facilities. And they haven't been to the Super Bowl since the 1976.

The report cards are interesting, because they offer context too. The Bills have a few low scores, but the context is like: "We love our nutritionist, but she splits her duties between the Bills and the Sabres [the NHL team the owners also own], so she's overworked and needs help."

Also the Bills do roommates during travel to promote team building....but apparently that's not the norm in the league? I can see why players don't like that, they're adults.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Yea, this report card would be such a odd way to determine anything really. As Slowpoke said, KC has 2 Rings in 4 years but a horrid placing in the report. Logic surely dictates that the rings mean there is good ownership/management in place, but at the same time the report somewhat shows that ownership/management is poor.

Then you can look at Dallas, which we are all very well aware the Scrooge McJerry throws money at the team like nobody else putting them at #5. But their last Super Bowl appearance was in the 1995 season.

And then you have the Vikings at #1, who I guess I didn't realize had such amazing facilities. And they haven't been to the Super Bowl since the 1976.
    I think there's two ways to square the circle of Rings VS Grade, hence me saying I'll leave it up to everyone to decide what it means. Either it means that it's a terrible place to go and the front office is amazing with drafting and developing since they'll never get free agents, or it means the report card at the end of the day is bogus and players go where they can get rings even if it's poorly rated.

I lean the latter. Because I see Green Bay rated 6th yet every year I hear how "nobody wants to play in Green Bay because it's the smallest NFL market by a good margin."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys have some weird binary takes on KC. The report cards make things pretty clear that KC has lousy facilities and their head trainer is a shitlord that everyone hates. It doesn't take these other factors you're being defensive about into consideration.
    /s

Rodgers to the Jets would be spooky. That is a solid team without a quarterback. They will win the AFC east if he signs.

Maybe I'm weird but the total egg the Bills laid against the Bengals, as well as barely beating Miami, left me feeling worse than the previous season's exit vs the Chiefs. Like the Bills didn't even belong in the playoffs. This was the first time I could recall actually feeling like throwing away my bills gear and quit watching football. The playoff drought didn't even piss me off that much.

I've come to the realization that the Bills big wins don't cheer me up nearly as much as their lifetime of shitty losses piss me off. I let a nfl team determine my mood too much in the past, and am now becoming more detached from the game.

That and sacking the quarterback is a penalty nowdays.

If they win it all next year I'll be happy, but won't mean nearly as much to me as it would have years ago.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You guys have some weird binary takes on KC. The report cards make things pretty clear that KC has lousy facilities and their head trainer is a shitlord that everyone hates. It doesn't take these other factors you're being defensive about into consideration.
    The Ravens being that negative was surprising to me. Had players publicly calling out their training staff afterwards.

I would be interested to see the data on how young the players surveyed where and what colleges they came from. College facilities at high end universities are world class because they have nothing else to spend money on and have to keep up the charade of being not for profit and the staff, trainers and nutritionists usually pamper players to high hell and back to keep them in the program. You don't get things like that in the NFL, so the opinion can be greatly skewed if a high amount of players from top universities are being surveyed for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Not much more than the Saints with Brees. He was 6% in 2021 and 6% in 2022 - they just spread it over 2 years. Eventually the bill always comes due. You can kick it down the road for a while, but you do have to pay it at some point. Bucs and Saints got a few great years out of it though, so they're probably not complaining. Bucs seem to be trying to take the pain now though, and Saints are dragging it out.
    This is why Lamar to the Falcons did not make sense. Too much money for one player with many holes to fill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I would be interested to see the data on how young the players surveyed where and what colleges they came from. College facilities at high end universities are world class because they have nothing else to spend money on and have to keep up the charade of being not for profit and the staff, trainers and nutritionists usually pamper players to high hell and back to keep them in the program. You don't get things like that in the NFL, so the opinion can be greatly skewed if a high amount of players from top universities are being surveyed for this.
    The American education system everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The Ravens being that negative was surprising to me. Had players publicly calling out their training staff afterwards.
    They ended up firing their head strength & conditioning coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    trainers and nutritionists usually pamper players to high hell and back
    Some real boomer shit right there
    /s

It's not boomer shit to realize NFL players are treated like employees and college athletes are treated like kings, especially when you have worked in college athletic departments and seen it with your own eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They ended up firing their head strength & conditioning coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed that. I don't use twitter anymore so I miss a lot that isn't regurgitated on Reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I missed that. I don't use twitter anymore so I miss a lot that isn't regurgitated on Reddit.
    Yeah... That's all that the NFL sub is, regurgitated twitter.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    And after all that Purdy just had normal UCL repair and not Tommy John. Throwing again in 3 months.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    And after all that Purdy just had normal UCL repair and not Tommy John. Throwing again in 3 months.
    Best case scenario for him, honestly. Good to hear. Can't wait for the camp battle with Lance.

- - - Updated - - -

Today's the day for teams getting out of the QB market it seems. Purdy's surgery went good so that should give the 49ers at least one functional QB for week 1, and the Dolphins pick up Tua's 5th year proving they aren't thinking of moving on despite some people really thinking they would be players in the Lamar Jackson game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Today's the day for teams getting out of the QB market it seems. Purdy's surgery went good so that should give the 49ers at least one functional QB for week 1, and the Dolphins pick up Tua's 5th year proving they aren't thinking of moving on despite some people really thinking they would be players in the Lamar Jackson game.
    I mean, if you are going to sign Lamar, you will want to trade Tua, which is easier if you picked up his option and give the team you trade him to some security.

But I doubt the Dolphins were players for Lamar. Tom Brady though...

Denver is taking out the trash today. Released Ronald Darby, Graham Glasgow and Chase Edmonds.

Too bad they can't get rid of the biggest problem on the offense and the idiot pass rusher that will just get hurt or suspended anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Too bad they can't get rid of the biggest problem on the offense and the idiot pass rusher that will just get hurt or suspended anyway.
    Who could have predicted that the guy who spent 7 years on the Cowboys getting hurt and suspended would continue to do so?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess Justin Fields is safe. Bears apparently just traded no. 1 int he draft to the Panthers.

Frank Reich finally gets a chance to pick his QB. I'll be interested to see who they go with. I'm rooting for him.