Draft a kicker? Hasn’t been working out so well past few years.

- - - Updated - - -

A sideline report with actual useful information, didn’t know that about the Pats stadium

- - - Updated - - -

Saints scored an offensive TD. Been quite a while.

Wow an offensive TD. That was unexpected.

First time this year I have watched the Patriots. They are kind of terrible.
    Last edited by Grube; 2023-10-08 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Wow an offensive TD. That was unexpected.
    Make that two. 21-0 Saints

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    That’s always been kicked around, partially because they were bad so they were always shuttled off to have to do foreign games so they became more associated, and partially I think because they were for sale until Khan bought them. But now it’s back to being the most likely possibility because the city of Jacksonville refuses to financially cover team stuff with taxpayer money, so they’re threatening to leave.
    It stuck around even after the sale because Khan has ties to British Soccer. Certainly the NFL has done nothing to convince Jacksonville they want to be there what with more and more London games for the Jags. Honestly I hope the city refuses to cover the team unless the NFL backs off the London stuff, not fair they have to foot the bill for a part-time team.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Anthony Richardson hurt again already. At the rate he is going he won't last very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our OLine is playing much better but our punter is still lousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Anthony Richardson hurt again already. At the rate he is going he won't last very long.
    I had high hopes for him, he's been about as good as I expected, but the injuries sure are piling up.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it now, Eagles will finally lose today. Too many close calls and too many "just barely" victories, they're good I'm not complaining, but their luck is going to run out today. Hopefully without a major injury, just a wake-up call. ESPN puts it 55/45% and the Rams are 2-2, so I'm not predicting the highly unlikely here.

31-0 Saints, finally a complete game from the Saints

15+ Year Old Account
    God damn DAZN app.
    Anyone else got the issue when streaming to Chromecast with your phone (Android) that if you either minimise then maximise like using another app meanwhile OR touching the DAZN app if it is the current one, results in it cancelling the stream playing on the Chromecast and disconnect from it entirely?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    31-0 Saints, finally a complete game from the Saints
    I wouldn't celebrate too much. With Judon and Gonzalez out the Patriots are basically in the Carolina/Denver/Chicago tier.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I wouldn't celebrate too much. With Judon and Gonzalez out the Patriots are basically in the Carolina/Denver/Chicago tier.
    I’m not, they have 3 tougher games coming up. But the defense continued the strong play, special teams was good, and offense played well against an injured D. However lot of penalties again is the lone bad spot. But a shutout is a shutout. 34-0.

Pats last 2 games, worst losses for Belichick back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    God damn DAZN app.
    Anyone else got the issue when streaming to Chromecast with your phone (Android) that if you either minimise then maximise like using another app meanwhile OR touching the DAZN app if it is the current one, results in it cancelling the stream playing on the Chromecast and disconnect from it entirely?
    Sorry, can't help. When the NFL decided to move my account info (without my permission) to DAZN (who are terrible) I cancelled my account. Even after a month the product is worse than last years Gamepass. The only positive they have is you can watch NFL Network without paying (but the stream is pretty bad - no pause or rewind options).

- - - Updated - - -

They never had a big lead but that Baltimore game was a choke for the ages. How many dropped passes did they have? This season has been totally weird and we're only at week 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Winning 34-0 on the road is still worth celebrating.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Winning 34-0 on the road is still worth celebrating.
    Just not as much after what happened to the Pats last week. They are struggling big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all can play with your asterisks, I'm just going to be glad to have a game where we aren't screaming at our terrible OLine the whole time.
    /s

The dumpsterfire bowl is off to a great start. The Jets have the lead for the first time all season.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I’m not, they have 3 tougher games coming up. But the defense continued the strong play, special teams was good, and offense played well against an injured D. However lot of penalties again is the lone bad spot. But a shutout is a shutout. 34-0.

Pats last 2 games, worst losses for Belichick back to back.
    Gotta start to wonder if Belichick "retires" after this season.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    He doesn't need to be at live games anymore, he can just watch the tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Or even makes it to the end of the season

- - - Updated - - -

The Jets just Jets and failed to get the clock stopped for a FG before the half.

Also Kelce for the chiefs might be done for a while.

Jets complete a pass in bounds inside the 20 with no timeouts and didn't get the ball spiked to get the FG off before half. Nathaniel Hackett's offense just keeps on giving.

Denver's run defense has to be historically bad. They were giving up 176 ypg coming in and the Jets already have 157 1 driver after halftime.
    Last edited by Grube; 2023-10-08 at 10:06 PM.