1. #1221
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or even makes it to the end of the season

    - - - Updated - - -

    The Jets just Jets and failed to get the clock stopped for a FG before the half.

    Also Kelce for the chiefs might be done for a while.
    He'll make it to seasons end if only bexause that probably helps their draft position.

    And because he's a GOAT coach and gets the Bruce Arians Retirement Special.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  2. #1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    He'll make it to seasons end if only bexause that probably helps their draft position.

    And because he's a GOAT coach and gets the Bruce Arians Retirement Special.
    I mean yeah he should get to finish the year but you never know with nfl owners.

    Also Kelce is fine despite how awkward that non-contact injury looked

  3. #1223
    The Bills are cursed when it comes to giving new contracts to defensive players.

    Paid:

    Tre White and he tears an acl 2 years ago, comes back late last year, tears an Achilles early this year.

    Huge contract for Von Miller. Tears acl mid way through first season.

    Micah Hyde gets a neck injury early last season, out for the year.

    Jordan Poyer was a trooper last year, got a well deserved extension, but has been banged up this year and has missed time.

    Matt Milano got paid, was having his best season yet, finally getting media attention, and breaks his leg with possible knee damage too today.

    I'm probably missing some, but these are all pro level players. It's just a shit load of salary cap invested in season ending IR. I'm not faulting them at all, but now I wish the Bills had instead spent the money on OL and WR.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  4. #1224
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,646
    And now I also noticed DANZ shit app dont have a "See from beginning" option so I got thrown into 4th quarter... even pulled the slider to the start before hitting stream to TV which it ignored.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

  5. #1225
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Calling it now, Eagles will finally lose today. Too many close calls and too many "just barely" victories, they're good I'm not complaining, but their luck is going to run out today. Hopefully without a major injury, just a wake-up call. ESPN puts it 55/45% and the Rams are 2-2, so I'm not predicting the highly unlikely here.
    Incorrect. Rams looked pretty good (until D spent all 2nd half on field) but philly is just too well rounded team, best in the league last year by far, and arguably this too (even if not as bulletproof as last year)

  6. #1226
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Incorrect. Rams looked pretty good (until D spent all 2nd half on field) but philly is just too well rounded team, best in the league last year by far, and arguably this too (even if not as bulletproof as last year)
    Yeah, the Eagles managed a really good second half. The Rams made some costly penalties at the worst times, too. I don't mind calling a 55/45 wrong and I'll take the win no problem.

  7. #1227
    I think this Jets/Broncos game was one of the worst I have seen. 8 fumbles, only 7 3rd down conversions, 13 accepted penalties and 2 offenses that combined for 150 passing yards halfway through the 4th quarter. At least Russell Wilson got to pad his stats so it looks like he wasn't horrible most of the game again.

  8. #1228
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,900
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    It's just a shit load of salary cap invested in season ending IR. I'm not faulting them at all, but now I wish the Bills had instead spent the money on OL and WR.
    Yes, it's as you say, bad luck not bad decisions.
    We're only just now getting to see Michael Thomas play on his big contract - he was great today making tough catches, holding onto the ball through big hits, and blocking down field, but so much time was lost and even if he is this good the rest of the year he isn't going to get back to the player that he was.
    /s

  9. #1229
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yes, it's as you say, bad luck not bad decisions.
    We're only just now getting to see Michael Thomas play on his big contract - he was great today making tough catches, holding onto the ball through big hits, and blocking down field, but so much time was lost and even if he is this good the rest of the year he isn't going to get back to the player that he was.
    I don't care about the lost time/money. I just love watching Michael Thomas play football just like I love watching Taysom Hill play football. Thomas may never get back to the level of 'Can'tguardMike' with the most catches in the league but if he regains a good chunk of that he'll still be amazing.

  10. #1230
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The Bills are cursed when it comes to giving new contracts to defensive players.

    Paid:

    Tre White and he tears an acl 2 years ago, comes back late last year, tears an Achilles early this year.

    Huge contract for Von Miller. Tears acl mid way through first season.

    Micah Hyde gets a neck injury early last season, out for the year.

    Jordan Poyer was a trooper last year, got a well deserved extension, but has been banged up this year and has missed time.

    Matt Milano got paid, was having his best season yet, finally getting media attention, and breaks his leg with possible knee damage too today.

    I'm probably missing some, but these are all pro level players. It's just a shit load of salary cap invested in season ending IR. I'm not faulting them at all, but now I wish the Bills had instead spent the money on OL and WR.
    All of them are very solid players but I'm gonna miss Milano the most. He was off to such a solid season.

  11. #1231
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The Bills are cursed when it comes to giving new contracts to defensive players.

    Paid:

    Tre White and he tears an acl 2 years ago, comes back late last year, tears an Achilles early this year.

    Huge contract for Von Miller. Tears acl mid way through first season.

    Micah Hyde gets a neck injury early last season, out for the year.

    Jordan Poyer was a trooper last year, got a well deserved extension, but has been banged up this year and has missed time.

    Matt Milano got paid, was having his best season yet, finally getting media attention, and breaks his leg with possible knee damage too today.

    I'm probably missing some, but these are all pro level players. It's just a shit load of salary cap invested in season ending IR. I'm not faulting them at all, but now I wish the Bills had instead spent the money on OL and WR.
    Unfortunately 2021 (AKA the :13 seconds season) was our shot. We had 2 straight years of great injury luck leading into that game against KC. The last two years of injuries are us regressing back to the norm of injuries.

    I'm absolutely shattered. DaQuan Jones, one of our best DTs also likely tore a pec and may be out the season as well.

  12. #1232
    That was a fun play the 49'ers just used.

  13. #1233
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That was a fun play the 49'ers just used.
    Loving it. Glad to see Kittle getting some touchdowns.

  14. #1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That was a fun play the 49'ers just used.
    Same play Ben Johnson called earlier today.

  15. #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Same play Ben Johnson called earlier today.
    That's what I heard from the broadcast, so interesting when the same concept shows up in a gameplan on the same day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    As if this is news: Dallas cannot hang with the 49ers.

  16. #1236
    Another game with 30+

    - - - Updated - - -

    I appreciate Dallas letting our 2nd string get a full quarter of practice.

  17. #1237
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    As if this is news: Dallas cannot hang with the 49ers.
    It is interesting to observe the talent gaps in the NFL with Dallas blowing out a couple of garbage teams and then getting blasted by one of the real contenders.
    /s

  18. #1238
    So who had Denver at 1-4 with a God Awful Defense compared to 2-3 last year with a good defense but a worse offense. Of course last year Denver was 2-5 so hey this year they could maybe get to that point.. I mean when you lose to Hackett and the Jets that is just a bad look for Sean Payton and the Broncos. The fuck happened to the defense beside having a worse Defensive Coordinator?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It is interesting to observe the talent gaps in the NFL with Dallas blowing out a couple of garbage teams and then getting blasted by one of the real contenders.
    I mean losing to the Cardinals was a major Red Flag. I didn't understand the line being a 3 point game but I know better that gambling because I've seen stupid shit happen in professional sports every year.

  19. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I didn't understand the line being a 3 point game
    Cowboys fans are why the line is a 3 point game. They are rarely ever a big dog because of their fan base being so large and pushing the line.

  20. #1240
    Anthony Richardson is going on IR, probably good for the Colts because their offense is better with Minshew anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So who had Denver at 1-4 with a God Awful Defense compared to 2-3 last year with a good defense but a worse offense. Of course last year Denver was 2-5 so hey this year they could maybe get to that point.. I mean when you lose to Hackett and the Jets that is just a bad look for Sean Payton and the Broncos. The fuck happened to the defense beside having a worse Defensive Coordinator?
    The offense isn't that good, they have just played a bunch of bad defenses. They were garbage against the Jets, the next best defense they have played is the Raiders. They have 1-3 good drives to start the game then are useless until the end when the other team plays prevent defense. The defense wasn't that good last year either, opposing offenses scored when they needed to for the most part. It was one of those situations where 1 side of the ball looked better because the other was useless. Other teams just played safe and drained the clock against them.

    Vance Joseph trying to put square pegs in round holes on defense and the roster just being bad are the biggest problems. Hard to overcome lack of draft picks and all of George Paton's terrible free agent signings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •