Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why does my dps suck in M+?

I'm a casual WoW player nowadays, and I have a lot of alts, this month been paying my Fury Warrior alt a little more, and the few lower keyed M+ I run, I'm always 3rd place in DPS, or couple times worse than the Tank even. Ugh.

What could be giving me such low DPS?

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...aran/dingowar/
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-03-20 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Considering how easy it is to be fully decked in purples, the blues are certainly dragging you down. My main has higher average ilevel and I don't do content higher than LFR and Heroic dungeons. You are missing some easy to get pieces that doesn't rely on RNG, but of course they do require you to play the game outside of M+, so...

Besides the blues that you can easily replace,(not sure if its still a thing) but u have a higher dps weapon in your offhand, i think you should use it in your main hand. That should give you some more damage. Again, not sure if it still works like that. Some cheap weapon enchants will add some aswell.
    Last edited by Baekel1; 2023-03-20 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks for the replies, yeah this is an alt, I kind of left behind couple months ago, and just started playing him a bit more this month. Yes of course I need to replace those blues with purples, which I will work on this week. Also good comment on putting the higher iLvl weapon in the main hand.

Fairly low ilvl overall, no enchants and although they are very minor dps increases, the rank 2 enchants are super cheap. 1-3 world quests should pay for these enchants. Most importantly is the rotation, all the gear in the world wouldn't matter if you aren't using the "correct" rotation/priority. You also are using 2 weak (tank) trinkets.

Haste is your number 1 stat for all 3 warrior specs. Your haste is quite low, getting better gear and stat priority will help quite a bit.

Crafting some pieces with your preferred stats (haste/mastery) would help your ilvl quite a bit.

Fury is fairly simple spec as anger management - use cooldowns together, keep whirlwind cleave buff active when more than 1 target, rampage, execute, onslaught, raging blow, bloodthirst. https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classe...ldowns-pve-dps

https://murlok.io/warrior/fury/mm+#t...specialization

This site provides the most important info by showing the highest rated players for each category. For talents Ravager/Hurricane is almost always picked for the massive % strength buff.

Other things to note, the heavy spec into raging blow (extra charge, chance to refund a charge of raging blow) is not necessary because how often you will rampaging.

Last note is fury is a very fast spec, to help out with this you can use an addon Hekili Priority Helper - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hekili
    Last edited by Chucknourishlol; 2023-03-20 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishlol View Post
    Fairly low ilvl overall, no enchants and although they are very minor dps increases, the rank 2 enchants are super cheap. 1-3 world quests should pay for these enchants. Most importantly is the rotation, all the gear in the world wouldn't matter if you aren't using the "correct" rotation/priority. You also are using 2 weak (tank) trinkets.

Haste is your number 1 stat for all 3 warrior specs. Your haste is quite low, getting better gear and stat priority will help quite a bit.

Crafting some pieces with your preferred stats (haste/mastery) would help your ilvl quite a bit.

Fury is fairly simple spec as anger management - use cooldowns together, keep whirlwind cleave buff active when more than 1 target, rampage, execute, onslaught, raging blow, bloodthirst. https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classe...ldowns-pve-dps

https://murlok.io/warrior/fury/mm+#t...specialization

This site provides the most important info by showing the highest rated players for each category. For talents Ravager/Hurricane is almost always picked for the massive % strength buff.

Other things to note, the heavy spec into raging blow (extra charge, chance to refund a charge of raging blow) is not necessary because how often you will rampaging.

Last note is fury is a very fast spec, to help out with this you can use an addon Hekili Priority Helper - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hekili

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Yeah I need to get my +Haste up, hopefully with doing more M+ I can get better Haste gear, and look for them in WQs as well.

Yeah the rotation you mentioned, is pretty much what I do now. Also good point regarding the talent for extra raging blow that it's not needed as much.

What's your gold situation looking like? You can craft a lariat and titanic signet for really cheap nowadays and you can mail over primal chaos to alts using the consortium rep reward vendor. That's two pieces with the exact stats you need at a higher ilvl than what you're currently using. Other than that start farming up armor pieces to turn into tier, algethar academy and court of stars also have great trinkets for you to replace your tanking ones.

I'm a bit confused how to turn gear into Tier? I know the old days was just Raid and get teir gear drops from the Raid bosses. but I stopped Raiding back in Legion, now I'm a casual just doing WQs and M+ only to like +10's no higher.

This Warrior being my alt so far in DF, I haven't really put a ton of time into him, just getting gear from World Quests and some quick dungeon runs. But now I'm liking this class + spec, I might put more time into him. So without Raiding, how do I get Tier gear again?

So without Raiding, how do I get Tier gear again?
    That's one of the things that require you to play the game outside of M+ as well.

There's an upgrade console in Thaldraszus which can turn Season 1 gear into Tier.

To answer your latest question, theres a Catalyst that lets you convert any M+ piece to Tier. I believe the quest starts in Valdrakken. Its a once per week per account (pick it up on 1 character and you can complete it on another) but gives all your toons a catalyst use.

To everything else..

Gear: highest ilvl in MH slot. Ditch the tank trinkets. Lariat + Weapons (5 sparks) or Lariat + One weapon + Ring (4 total sparks) for craftable gear. Most crafters can r5 to 395 easily now. On my server, its also cheaper to buy rank 2 mats even for the higher level stuff and go for the inspiration proc, than it is to get rank 3 mats.

Go kill Cascade in Azure (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=186962/cascade). he drops a sword that can scale to 382/385 I think. You can only kill him once tho. Also quite a few rares drop the Primal Ritual Shell which can also scale up. That'll give you a decent trinket until something else comes along.

Talents: Import BgEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAACBCKJARQISQ0gEiARSIJplEJRAkkkEplWASSSAAAAQQA (https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...UUBVUBVKFEUEBV) You can lose Bitter Immunity and pick up Barbaric Training for extra WW damage but I like Bitter for the heal personally.

A common mistake for players with little M+ experience is holding cooldowns for too long. You'd be surprised how quick 1-2 minutes goes by. Unless you're on the pack before a particularly challenging Tyrannical boss or the pack is about to die, just hit the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Thank you all for being kind and helpful here. Too many times in threads like this people can be very critical and yell saying just good you dumb newb. So I appreciate the detailed replies.

I think I might switch from i402 Warlock, and main this Fury Warrior, which I just find exciting and action packed to play.

I'm a bit confused how to turn gear into Tier?
    https://www.wowhead.com/guide/reviva...t-dragonflight
    The catalysts are also account wide, the quest credit is account wide and the catalyst you make is account wide capped at up to 6 you can bank on a character so every week you do that quest is where your lock and warrior can both get tier pieces. You can also convert pieces into raid armor drops to collect transmog or get better stats. If you scroll down you can see what the other armor pieces convert into, boots are good to use a catalyst for a fury warrior (after you get your 4pc).

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    A common mistake for players with little M+ experience is holding cooldowns for too long. You'd be surprised how quick 1-2 minutes goes by. Unless you're on the pack before a particularly challenging Tyrannical boss or the pack is about to die, just hit the button.
    This. 1000x This. Hit the buttons! Even on some bosses, its best to hold for maybe 30 seconds before blowing, so using it on the pack before is ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/guide/reviva...t-dragonflightYou can also convert pieces into raid armor drops to collect transmog or get better stats. If you scroll down you can see what the other armor pieces convert into, boots are good to use a catalyst for a fury warrior (after you get your 4pc).
    something I want to touch on since you mentioned it. Aside from appearances, stick to the main 4/5 pieces and fill other spots as you go. None of the mentioned matching pieces (Belt, Cloak, Boots; for fury atleast) is better than what you can either craft (given enough sparks) or get from a raid.

Lariat + Weapons + Boots/Belt/Cloak/Ring are all valid slots. Alchemical Flavor Pocket on any of those 4 pieces is a good choice as well. I went with it on my boots and does not count toward the embellishment limit.

ALWAYS take the M+ TIER piece over a Raid Tier piece also. Raid Tier cannot be upgraded, where as M+ Tier can

Also. If you get a say Mythic+ Tier piece (or convert a m+ piece to tier) and upgrade it, you can potentially get Normal, Heroic, and Mythic transmog appearances. So say you have a 395 tier piece (normal appearance) and then upgrade it to 402, you'll then learn the heroic transmog appearance. At 415 it will convert to Mythic appearance. But if you get a 402 Tier piece from vault or converting from M+, you'll only get the heroic version. It isnt retro-active.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2023-03-20 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a casual WoW player nowadays, and I have a lot of alts, this month been paying my Fury Warrior alt a little more, and the few lower keyed M+ I run, I'm always 3rd place in DPS, or couple times worse than the Tank even. Ugh.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...aran/dingowar/
    Fury?

I thought Arms was the goat currently.

Had a Arms warrior in a recent M+ doing a lot more dmg than me, they are very good

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Fury?

I thought Arms was the goat currently.

Had a Arms warrior in a recent M+ doing a lot more dmg than me, they are very good
    I haven't tried Arms in a long while, in SL and BfA they seemed rather mediocre and Fury was better, last time I had fun with Arms was Legion 8.3 version of Arms, that build was excellent.

I might check some sights and view talents and give Arms a quick try this week. Thanks.

There's no bad spec for warriors when it comes to m+, all 3 are great. Fury is more consistent damage, arms has higher burst on huge pulls. On murlok.io you'll see that both specs are doing well but fury is slightly ahead of arms there as far as overall high mythic dungeon ratings go.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    To answer your latest question, theres a Catalyst that lets you convert any M+ piece to Tier. I believe the quest starts in Valdrakken. Its a once per week per account (pick it up on 1 character and you can complete it on another) but gives all your toons a catalyst use.

To everything else..

Gear: highest ilvl in MH slot. Ditch the tank trinkets. Lariat + Weapons (5 sparks) or Lariat + One weapon + Ring (4 total sparks) for craftable gear. Most crafters can r5 to 395 easily now. On my server, its also cheaper to buy rank 2 mats even for the higher level stuff and go for the inspiration proc, than it is to get rank 3 mats.

Go kill Cascade in Azure (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=186962/cascade). he drops a sword that can scale to 382/385 I think. You can only kill him once tho. Also quite a few rares drop the Primal Ritual Shell which can also scale up. That'll give you a decent trinket until something else comes along.

Talents: Import BgEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAACBCKJARQISQ0gEiARSIJplEJRAkkkEplWASSSAAAAQQA (https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...UUBVUBVKFEUEBV) You can lose Bitter Immunity and pick up Barbaric Training for extra WW damage but I like Bitter for the heal personally.
    So I killed Cascade and got the sword, thanks. But then went to the item Upgrade NPC and it said that sword can't be upgraded.

So I killed Cascade and got the sword, thanks. But then went to the item Upgrade NPC and it said that sword can't be upgraded.
    You can only upgrade mythic plus items and crafted items, and you need certain rating in mythic plus to upgrade past a certain level.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

the positivity in this post is crazy. are we really on mmo champion? good luck on your journey to mastering a warrior. i cant give you any advice that hasnt already been given.