15+ Year Old Account

What blizzard really needs to focus on for Warlocks is Desteros AoE issue

<--destro lock main (this is regarding m+, not raiding)

I see that blizzard has put a lot of work into Demo and Aff, which is great. But what they NEED to do is fix Destros AoE problem. You might say:

"Topkek idiot"

"But Destro is fine"

"Destro is bussin atm"

yes, Destro is bussin ST. Destro is bussin if we have 9 minutes to stand still and spam RoF until absurd levels and do 250k+ DPS. Yes, I do that all the time. Great in higher keys when the tank decides to literally not move, at all, and I have 7 mobs to pepper with RoF and tab target immolates so I can Channel Demonfire, the thing our fucking tier is made for.

But you move, any amount, or the tank moves out of RoF spam? Our AoE is absolutely trash. We have 0 mobility. It doesn't help the fact that the suggested AoE build does not even include Cataclysm, so no way to mass spread immolate for CD, and we're expected to literally just RoF spam, which requires shards.

Guess what? You don't always have shards. There are pulls that I have exhausted my resources and I cannot do anything. Massive pack of trash. No cata. No shards. no RoF. So...incinerate spam i guess? Kek? The fuck? So while almost every other DPS class has the toolkit to straight up drop 200k aoe dps on a dime not requiring any kind of setup, I'm left with this bullshit? 40k dps while I incinerate spam so I can get 3 shards to throw down 1 (one) RoF, and then keep spamming incinerate? lol? While this hunter and DH are doing 150k balls to the wall every pull? Ret pallies have literally a 2 button rotation to do 300k dps? (i have one, so yes, it's true lol)

The point is, our AoE is absurdly situational and requires checkboxes to be hit before we can do anything and sometimes that feels bad. Does it feel good sometimes? Sure, but it feels bad a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2023-05-29 at 04:32 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    <--destro lock main (this is regarding m+, not raiding)

I see that blizzard has put a lot of work into Demo and Aff, which is great. But what they NEED to do is fix Destros AoE problem. You might say:

"Topkek idiot"

"But Destro is fine"

"Destro is bussin atm"

yes, Destro is bussin ST. Destro is bussin if we have 9 minutes to stand still and spam RoF until absurd levels and do 250k+ DPS. Yes, I do that all the time. Great in higher keys when the tank decides to literally not move, at all, and I have 7 mobs to pepper with RoF and tab target immolates so I can Channel Demonfire, the thing our fucking tier is made for.

But you move, any amount, or the tank moves out of RoF spam? Our AoE is absolutely trash. We have 0 mobility. It doesn't help the fact that the suggested AoE build does not even include Cataclysm, so no way to mass spread immolate for CD, and we're expected to literally just RoF spam, which requires shards.

Guess what? You don't always have shards. There are pulls that I have exhausted my resources and I cannot do anything. Massive pack of trash. No cata. No shards. no RoF. So...incinerate spam i guess? Kek? The fuck? So while almost every other DPS class has the toolkit to straight up drop 200k aoe dps on a dime not requiring any kind of setup, I'm left with this bullshit? 40k dps while I incinerate spam so I can get 3 shards to throw down 1 (one) RoF, and then keep spamming incinerate? lol? While this hunter and DH are doing 150k balls to the wall every pull? Ret pallies have literally a 2 button rotation to do 300k dps? (i have one, so yes, it's true lol)

The point is, our AoE is absurdly situational and requires checkboxes to be hit before we can do anything and sometimes that feels bad. Does it feel good sometimes? Sure, but it feels bad a lot of the time.
    they need to fix the specc so if you move for one second you don't lose like all your dps lol.

Just take Cataclysm. It synergizes perfectly with demonfire, and the soul shard generation from all those immolates makes the spec feel much better to play in M+.

You don't have to follow guides like they're written in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by whywhatwhowhenhow View Post
    Just take Cataclysm. It synergizes perfectly with demonfire, and the soul shard generation from all those immolates makes the spec feel much better to play in M+.

You don't have to follow guides like they're written in stone.
    You're right that its the better designed and funner option, but tuning isn't there. It's still too subpar compared to RoF to take in serious content where your dps is important for group success.

Personally i'm hoping they get rid of the "rain gives more shard so you just spam rain all day" builds, it leads to very boring and rampy gameplay and really sucks with tank movement. Some synergetic spells that can track enemies like in MOP times, or like current cata/immolate builds, with rain just being the additional oomph, would feel and play way better.

Tbh they could just make Cataclysm have no cd and cost 3 shards, so you can use it whenever but its only worth it on 3+ enemies when immolate is about to drop or on moving enemies, else you cast Rain.

Yea just need Cata basline and destro would be much cooler.

Just
    1. change Rain of Fire back to cost mana, and add back Aftermath (either 5.0.4 or 5.1.0 version) to add some additional flavor to RoF. I don't care if the damage is low, I just want to throw RoF like in MoP and WOD days, not to mention that it's so painful to do legacy transmog run as destro ever since Legion;
    2. bring back Kil'jaeden's Cunning (5.3.0 Version); and
    3. change Fire and Brimstone back to the 5.3.0 version (the "toggle")

Destro will be good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyhgy View Post
    Just
    1. change Rain of Fire back to cost mana, and add back Aftermath (either 5.0.4 or 5.1.0 version) to add some additional flavor to RoF. I don't care if the damage is low, I just want to throw RoF like in MoP and WOD days, not to mention that it's so painful to do legacy transmog run as destro ever since Legion;
    2. bring back Kil'jaeden's Cunning (5.3.0 Version); and
    3. change Fire and Brimstone back to the 5.3.0 version (the "toggle")

Destro will be good again.
    Something like that would be nice...or if nothing else make it comparable to blizzard, maybe something like RoF ticks have a chance to reduce the cooldown of cataclysm