Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's ridicilous how Warlocks always have to cast their spenders, while Shadow Priest / Boomkin / Ele Shaman do not have to cast their spendes.

There is no good reason why Rapture, HoG or Chaosbolt should have cast times. Makes zero sense.

In the case of Destruction this bad design just happens to absolutely fuck you, because the spec doesn't have other instant cast spells, but Aff and Demo do so have some.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2023-03-17 at 12:32 PM.

Is Affli even usable at the moment?

Last time I tried it, it still felt kinda lack-lustre.

This is the way of DD specs and i think they even mentioned this in an interview somewhere.

One of the three will always outperform the others. In extensions most people will choose the best performing spec.

So no one has a reason to take the underperformer, because there WILL be someone with the rigth spec.

As hard as it is but it is you choice. If you want to play this spec you should make your own group. You CHOSE to play the bad spec this time.
    In two patches Destruction may top the meters again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont QQ lock is mid class atm. No need to get OP lock another expansion in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Tolinn View Post
    Is Affli even usable at the moment?

Last time I tried it, it still felt kinda lack-lustre.
    probably going to be the go to specc next patch, the buffs and changes is really pushing it ahead of the other speccs

Update: they got hotfixed and no longer the go to specc
    Last edited by Priestyboy; 2023-03-24 at 06:15 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again please forgive if this comes over as a jumbled mess
    my voice software loathes windows 11.

So will try and make this as simple as possible since the last major patch
    my Lock (Riversong outland) EU I have died more times than in years
    before she could handle 2 elites with no problem now the void lord seems to have zero aggro-keeping ability
    CB/SF barely hit over 66k, It's like I am hitting them with Custard.

One of the issues here is She could even solo rare 70s now even that's almost impossible now.

How the Void lord has become so weak seems to be the key issue 2-3 hits it's dead. No matter what talent you pick
    for pet healing or focus health funnel it's a waste of time. Right now my Disc priest is 67 Seska, and she's basically where
    my lock was before this last patch

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Dear casual,

Have you ever played the game over a span of 18years?

If you have - then you know casters traditionally becomes stronger over time during the expansions.

That's simply how spells interacts with better gear. Alternatively, they would buff now - only to nerf later - but that's attract more negativity.

Especially destro requires fine tuning before CB becomes constant execute.

Sincerely,
    The guy who loves Blizzard.
    Don't be a dickhead.

Anyone who has played warlock specifically over the last few expansions knows exactly what hes talking about. It's either Aff, or Demo for raiding or M+, outside of a few niche fights where destro might shine. Or a mini patch where they're strong for one season, instead of being weak for the last 4 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Don't be a dickhead.

Anyone who has played warlock specifically over the last few expansions knows exactly what hes talking about. It's either Aff, or Demo for raiding or M+, outside of a few niche fights where destro might shine. Or a mini patch where they're strong for one season, instead of being weak for the last 4 expansions.
    destro is better than affli in every possible way atm lol. affli was good in one patch then got nuked. destro is the go to specc until you get 4-set and class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestyboy View Post
    destro is better than affli in every possible way atm lol. affli was good in one patch then got nuked. destro is the go to specc until you get 4-set and class trinket.
    Affliction was good for one week before it got nuked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction has some fundamental issues, but hard casting is not one.

This is how this spec works, you ought to have caught the drift in the last, umm, 10 years?

The talent tree could use a refresh with its bloat, some talents could use a buff like Cataclysm which is practically dead.

But hard casting? That's one of the very few challenges this pretty simple and straightforward spec has, remove that and what's left?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Don't be a dickhead.

Destruction actually has a pretty good track record in raiding. It was strong in Sepulcher and it's strong now. It ruled 8.3 and it was solid in 8.2.

Did it start out weak in Dragonflight and does Demo tend to overshadow it? Yes and yes. But after literal torrent of buffs - this spec right now is top tier in raiding and M+. If Demo is S+, then Destruction is solid S now.

That's not exactly a situation that can bring much sympathy to what you wrote.

had a destro lock do 151k total average dps in a 19 ulduman. your tank sucks if the mobs are getting kited constantly. and if your tank rounds shit up then stands still, then the problem is you. he needs to learn his comp and start utilizing it properly or you need to learn how to play better..... locks are completely fine right now and the fact you are even complaining about them when they (demo/destro) are the top 2 dps specs in the game on nearly every site makes me think you are just completely trolling out your ass. literally on numerous guides they are the only "S" ranked dps specs. lock is the only "S" ranked dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestyboy View Post
    I speaking in terms of over the last few expacs. Aff is in the worst spot its been since Legion pre 7.1.5, but "has" almost always been better than destro for everything until Dragonflight. Ion hates Aff, he's even stated it publicly because of how hard it is to balance, so its not surprising its the worst of the 3 warlock specs atm.

For a casual player, that does low M+ keys, TW dungeons, and World Content, what's the best spec now? Demo or Dest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aff spec is so broken and outdated it is crazy to see they dont even touch it. Your time goes by applying dots and everything dies while you do and those dots do no damage whatsoever. Aff spec has so much potential it is a shame.
    A very cool signature text.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    For a casual player, that does low M+ keys, TW dungeons, and World Content, what's the best spec now? Demo or Dest?
    For a casual player all warlock specs are more than fine.

For a good player all warlock specs are ore than fine.

For an elite player, 2 of the warlock specs are insane.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Doesn't matter at that level. Either is totally fine, and you'd be arguing over tiny differences with lots of contingencies - it well and truly does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Destruction has some fundamental issues, but hard casting is not one.
    Actually it kind of is. Everything with destro is simply too static. It does good damage if you have the setup for it and if the encounters allow which was not the case at all in season 1 which was a complete movement madness, but good luck pugging and telling the tank to do large pulls and keep them in 1 place.

- - - Updated - - -

Both are good, destro is a little better for world content because demo has to build up. I prefer demo because it's a more mobile spec and more aoe options.

As a casual player, to me Destruction hasn’t receive any essential changes ever since 7.3.5 (except the Rain of Chaos stuff). Every patch is all about Affliction and Demonology, and Destruction only get perfunctory tuning, again and again, or even worse, nerfed to the ground. So apparently the warlock designer doesn’t play destruction. Just because the top 1 to 5% destruction players can make top tier DPS in raid doesn’t mean the mechanics of current destruction is fun.

Here is my request/recommendation/wish list:

Change Rain of Fire back to cost MANA, I don’t care if the damage is low, I just want to spam the fire rain. It just doesn’t worth 3 soul shards, not to mention Chaos Bolt, Destruction’s most powerful spell only cost 2 soul shards, how dare Rain of Fire costs 3? Instant Rain of Fire can be worked with Aftermath (either 5.0.4 Version or 5.1.0 Version) to add some flavor for Destruction.

Change Fire and Brimstone back to its 5.3.0 Vesion (the toggle), the current version requires you to spend 3 points (in fact you need more than 3 points because Diabolic Embers is far away from Fire and Brimstone) to get the pathetic additional aoe damage with additional soul shard fragments.

Bring back Charred Remains and make it as the advanced talent for Fire and Brimstone. Charred Remains can be a capstone talent for Destruction.

Bring back Archimonde’s Darkness, Kil’jaeden’s Cunning(the 5.4.0 Version), and Mannoroth’s Fury and make them the new capstone talents for the Warlock Class Talent Tree. The current capstone talents in the class tree are so stupid and I won’t waste any talent point on them.

Remove the cast time of Shadowfury

Bring back Flames of Xoroth and use it to replace Fel Domination and Fel Pact, and change the cast time for demons back to 2.5 seconds.

There should be a choice: you can either get interrupt as a baseline, or you can choose to keep it on your dog. Or you can have both, but with a limitation that the 2 interrupts share the CD.

Basically, PLEASE bring back the MoP Destruction Warlock. It was so fun to play.

Sad times for warlocks...they need a fix fast and i dont think blizz devs care!