Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    2. We have a Weryn led by Emberthal which was obliterated thousands of years ago.
    And two others that makes a total of five...?

3. We have a quest that states that there is a new specialization remembered for 10.1.
    We also have dataminers saying 'third spec' isn't happening...

5. We have a fight with Adamanthia where we're more than likely going to get our black dragon power restored, or Emberthal will teach us how to use it.
    Conjecture? You're literally pulling that from nothing.

6. We have a boss fight with Sarkareth where he gains new and enhanced Evoker abilities when he absorbs black dragon essence.
    We also had a boss fight with Garrosh where he gains new and enhanced warrior abilities when he absorbs void god goo. So?

7. We have a voice line from Neltharion where Emberthal is shown to be the wielder of the power of the black dragonflight.
    I refer to my previous post.

8. We have Emberthal currently hanging out with Ebyssian, the likely next black dragon aspect.
    Irrelevant? A black dragon who has spent his life helping guide others who have trouble finding their path... is helping guide someone who has trouble finding their path.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that you’re agreeing with someone who doesn’t believe a third Evoker spec is coming at all right?
    I said that a third spec is not coming at all in the middle of the expansion.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You will never win an argument with me" by kenn9530 <-You just can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And two others that makes a total of five...?
    Only three were mentioned by Neltharion in context of our specializations.

We also have dataminers saying 'third spec' isn't happening...
    Whom are not privy to all of Blizzard's plans.

Conjecture? You're literally pulling that from nothing.
    Then why are we fighting Adamanthia?

We also had a boss fight with Garrosh where he gains new and enhanced warrior abilities when he absorbs void god goo. So?
    Ion stated that Evokers will get something from Sarkareth after the boss fight.

I refer to my previous post.
    And I'll refer to mine.

Irrelevant? A black dragon who has spent his life helping guide others who have trouble finding their path... is helping guide someone who has trouble finding their path.
    Both are trying to reconnect to their black dragon legacy. When placed in context of all the other clues, it becomes fairly obvious that Ebyssian reconnects with his by becoming the black dragon aspect, and Emberthal reconnects with theirs by regaining or relearning their black dragon essence.

- - - Updated - - -

I said that a third spec is not coming at all in the middle of the expansion.
    Same difference.

It should go without saying that this thread is *about* conjecture and speculation - no one knows what the developers will actually do with Evokers in future content patches, assuming they do anything spec-related. It's pointless to present possible future developments as fact - and it's equally pointless to poo-poo on conjecture and speculation in a thread that is manifestly about just that. I don't understand why the conversation needs to devolve into an argument about what will or won't happen on a constant basis - just treat any overly boisterous conjecture as simply that: conjecture. Try not to state your opinions or your optimism about what could happen as if it will be what *will* happen, as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It should go without saying that this thread is *about* conjecture and speculation - no one knows what the developers will actually do with Evokers in future content patches, assuming they do anything spec-related. It's pointless to present possible future developments as fact - and it's equally pointless to poo-poo on conjecture and speculation in a thread that is manifestly about just that. I don't understand why the conversation needs to devolve into an argument about what will or won't happen on a constant basis - just treat any overly boisterous conjecture as simply that: conjecture. Try not to state your opinions or your optimism about what could happen as if it will be what *will* happen, as well.
    This is what happens when teriz arrives. Speculation becomes fact, and any other idea is false.

Of course nobody here knows better than blizzard. They decide in the end. Not us.
    Getting people to accept that though.. Whole different story.

Only three were mentioned by Neltharion in context of our specializations.
    That's the keyword. You're putting a context there that doesn't exist in the original text.

Whom are not privy to all of Blizzard's plans.
    More privy to them than us, that's for damn sure.

Then why are we fighting Adamanthia?
    She could've gone mad after being imprisoned for thousands of years? Corrupted by the Primalists? Sarkareth's newfound void powers fucks up the dragon's mind? Sarkareth captured Atamanthia and is draining the dragon, causing pain and making the dragon lash out?

Ion stated that Evokers will get something from Sarkareth after the boss fight.
    Which could be a glyph, or a weapon, or a piece of armor, or a transmog set, etc.

Both are trying to reconnect to their black dragon legacy. When placed in context of all the other clues, it becomes fairly obvious that Ebyssian reconnects with his by becoming the black dragon aspect, and Emberthal reconnects with theirs by regaining or relearning their black dragon essence.
    And Ebyssian is literally telling Emberthal she doesn't have to follow Neltharion's footsteps/guidelines. That she can forge her own destiny. He is literally telling her that she doesn't need to "reconnect".

Same difference.
    That is nowhere near "the same difference", Teriz, and asserting as such heavily implies dishonesty from your part.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You will never win an argument with me" by kenn9530 <-You just can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    This is what happens when teriz arrives. Speculation becomes fact, and any other idea is false.

Of course nobody here knows better than blizzard. They decide in the end. Not us.
    Getting people to accept that though.. Whole different story.
    And no one is stating that they know better than Blizzard. All we’re doing is taking the clues (which are constantly growing) provided by Blizzard and trying to interpret them.

While doing that, it’s completely fair to draw conclusions.

And no one is stating that they know better than Blizzard. All we’re doing is taking the clues (which are constantly growing) provided by Blizzard and trying to interpret them.

While doing that, it’s completely fair to draw conclusions.
    It's completely fine to speculate, sure; drawing conclusions would be rather pointless at this juncture. You could even argue certain lines of conjecture are supported by available evidence - but even that doesn't graduate them to facts, they're still just conjecture and speculation. Data-mined evidence isn't fact and is subject to change at any moment for any reason, so even all this evidence could poof into non-existence if the developers opt not to go down a certain path (assuming they ever did).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

That's the keyword. You're putting a context there that doesn't exist in the original text.
    The context is in the voice line. When Neltharion calls Sarkareth his devastator that uses red/blue dragon essence, how does that relate to Evokers? Don’t Evokers have a spec that utilizes red/blue dragon magic called devastation?

More privy to them than us, that's for damn sure.
    They can only access what Blizzard makes available to them. There’s plenty of encrypted stuff that they can’t access, even in 10.1, much less subsequent patches.

She could've gone mad after being imprisoned for thousands of years? Corrupted by the Primalists? Sarkareth's newfound void powers fucks up the dragon's mind? Sarkareth captured Atamanthia and is draining the dragon, causing pain and making the dragon lash out?
    And yet it is an Evoker only quest….

Which could be a glyph, or a weapon, or a piece of armor, or a transmog set, etc.
    Ion specifically stated that it isn’t a legendary weapon. It could be those other things though. The point is that Evokers are getting something from Sarkareth, and it was important enough for Ion to bring up.

And Ebyssian is literally telling Emberthal she doesn't have to follow Neltharion's footsteps/guidelines. That she can forge her own destiny. He is literally telling her that she doesn't need to "reconnect".
    Or that she can take the power Neltharion has given her and go in a different direction.

That is nowhere near "the same difference", Teriz, and asserting as such heavily implies dishonesty from your part.
    In a thread about s new Evoker spec coming mid expansion, you stating that you don’t think that’s happening is no different than you saying it’s never happening. Especially since you have never stated when you think a 3rd Evoker spec is coming, and you hand-wave away any clues to the existence of a third spec.

- - - Updated - - -

It's completely fine to speculate, sure; drawing conclusions would be rather pointless at this juncture. You could even argue certain lines of conjecture are supported by available evidence - but even that doesn't graduate them to facts, they're still just conjecture and speculation. Data-mined evidence isn't fact and is subject to change at any moment for any reason, so even all this evidence could poof into non-existence if the developers opt not to go down a certain path (assuming they ever did).
    Well it would be fair to point out that Blizzard putting out that quest, tying said quest to Adamanthia’s lore, and then dropping those voice lines were not an accident. If that all led to nothing, not even a cosmetic quest, that would be quite a slap in the face to Evoker players.

They can only access what Blizzard makes available to them.
    Which, again, like I said: they still know more than we do about what's going on past the pretty colors and sounds we see in the game.

And yet it is an Evoker only quest….
    I don't see how that in any way shape or form negates the possibilities I've just lined up.

Ion specifically stated that it isn’t a legendary weapon.
    I never said it's a legendary piece of gear. For context, we have Kharnalex, The First Light which is an evoker-only weapon but is not legendary.

The point is that Evokers are getting something from Sarkareth, and it was important enough for Ion to bring up.
    You're assuming importance because Ion brought it up. That's a wrong inference to make.

Or that she can take the power Neltharion has given her and go in a different direction.
    ... Which would make the whole arguments about how her weyrn defines this supposed third spec moot since "she's going in another direction"?

In a thread about s new Evoker spec coming mid expansion, you stating that you don’t think that’s happening is no different than you saying it’s never happening.
    It is different, though.

I think at this point, it would be incredibly disingenious to say that a third spec isn't going to happen.

Unlike DHs, Blizzard has never denied a third spec or that they wouldn't have ideas for a third Evoker spec.

There's a datamined questline outright mentioning a new Spec, that deals with releasing the dragon in charge of the Dracthyr experiments, and releasing the Black Dragonflight essence that was taken away from the Dracthyr, and the element not associated with any spec right now.

A voice line from Neltharion literally naming the two other specs in relation to two NPCs, and then mentioning another NPC and using a spec-esque descriptor.

One of these things would be an interesting coincidence but nothing more, but it's the fact that there's all those things.

A bit shakier is the fact that Blizzard said that

There are no plans to standardize special items like the Evoker Staff, Kharnalex, The First Light. They do this where it makes sense to have bosses drop weapons or other things that are flavorful or themed to a single class like the Dagger or Legendary Bow from Sylvanas. Evokers will probably be interested in what Commander Sarkarth may have for them when we get there though.
    We know that there are no Evoker-specific items or even remotely anything related to them lore-wise. So what is it then?

Dunno what spec it'll be. Probably a DPS. Earth/Void would be cool, and would make sense.

Which, again, like I said: they still know more than we do about what's going on past the pretty colors and sounds we see in the game.
    OKay, so what about the dataminers and streamers who say this is likely going to happen?

I don't see how that in any way shape or form negates the possibilities I've just lined up.
    An Evoker only quest indicates that it is a quest that only pertains to Evokers. Further the quest literally says "New Specialization Remembered".

I never said it's a legendary piece of gear. For context, we have Kharnalex, The First Light which is an evoker-only weapon but is not legendary.
    Which isn't dropped by Sarkareth.

You're assuming importance because Ion brought it up. That's a wrong inference to make.
    I don't recall Ion mentioning classes getting unimportant gear from boss drops during interviews.

... Which would make the whole arguments about how her weyrn defines this supposed third spec moot since "she's going in another direction"?
    Not necessarily. It could simply mean that she's no longer a servant of Neltharion and wants to use her powers for other purposes. Hence "New Specialization Remembered".

It is different, though.
    Then when do you think the Evoker 3rd spec is coming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    We know that there are no Evoker-specific items or even remotely anything related to them lore-wise. So what is it then?
    My guess would be Ebon Might. Hunters got an ability from Sylvanas, Evokers can get an ability from Sakareth.

Dunno what spec it'll be. Probably a DPS. Earth/Void would be cool, and would make sense.
    A DPS version of Discipline Priest?

Ebon Might being the Evoker version of Atonement, and Azure Prowess being the Evoker version of Power Infusion.

The context is in the voice line. When Neltharion calls Sarkareth his devastator that uses red/blue dragon essence, how does that relate to Evokers? Don’t Evokers have a spec that utilizes red/blue dragon magic called devastation?
    You three shall be the examples all Dracthyr will follow.
    Sarkareth, my devastator, you shall rend your foes with the powers of the Red and Blue Dragonflight.
    Viridia, my preserver, you shall heal our allies with the graces of Green and Bronze Dragonflights.
    And Emberthal, you will wield the essence of the Black Dragonflight to augment all those around you with my power.
    By my command, kneel and obey.

Why doesn't Neltharion mention an actual Specialization for Emberthal? Why does he go out of the way and mention one for Sarkareth and Viridia?
    Do we know the Context as to why only those 3 are mentioned? Could it be that only those three were present at the time? When does the voice line happen?

Also he says specifically Dracthyr and not evoker

Just an example of a Evoker weapon...
    We don't know Sarkareths drops yet, do we?

Not necessarily. It could simply mean that she's no longer a servant of Neltharion and wants to use her powers for other purposes. Hence "New Specialization Remembered".
    And that couldn't just be a leftover of data blizzard forget to delete?
    because datamined content is always so exact and to the point?
    Last edited by Eddiero; 2023-04-05 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiero View Post

Why doesn't Neltharion mention an actual Specialization for Emberthal? Why does he go out of the way and mention one for Sarkareth and Viridia?
    Do we know the Context as to why only those 3 are mentioned? Could it be that only those three were present at the time? When does the voice line happen?

He mentions the actual specialization. He doesn’t name the spec’s name, and that’s Blizzard toying with us. Again, this was purposefully put on the PTR to be datamined.

Also he says specifically Dracthyr and not evoker
    Are we aware of any dracthyr utilizing the magic of the Red, Blue, Bronze, Green, or Black dragonflights that are not Evokers?

And that couldn't just be a leftover of data blizzard forget to delete?
    because datamined content is always so exact and to the point?
    No, there’s actual quests, voice lines, datamined abilities, and cinematics backing all of this up.

He mentions the actual specialization. He doesn’t name the spec’s name, and that’s Blizzard toying with us. Again, this was purposefully put on the PTR to be datamined.
    What? Like actually what?
    He mentions the actual Specialization but doesn't name the specs name?
    I don't follow...

And what about an answer to the other questions?
    What is the context of the voice line?
    Were only those 3 present?
    When does the voice line happen?

Are we aware of any dracthyr utilizing the magic of the Red, Blue, Bronze, Green, or Black dragonflights that are not Evokers? They
    Yet He doesn't mention Evokers...
    Surely he describes devastation and preservation
    but couldn't black just be the other "Ground forces" as in other classes?

No, there’s actual quests, voice lines, datamined abilities, and cinematics backing all of this up.
    //Blockout Evokers only. Upon login you are toasted with NEW SPECIALIZATION REMEMBERED toast. This quest appears in your mailbox sent by Emberthal asking you to go to the Forbidden Reach. The mystery that was uncovered in 10.0.7 (not required for this quest) is about to unfold and she needs your help to talk Ebyssian down from a course of action she sees as folly.

This being the current datamined quest text?
    Seems likely that this is what we will see upon login in on 10.1 release... right? /s
    Feel free to have a look into the quest "Our Destiny"
    We haven't seen any actual quests, texts or other things regarding all of it.
    Like there isn't even any evidence on the PTR.
    Last edited by Eddiero; 2023-04-05 at 04:05 PM.

OKay, so what about the dataminers and streamers who say this is likely going to happen?
    Streamers are click-baiters. They'll hop on whatever hype or hate train to get as many clicks and/or viewers. As for the other dataminers... I don't recall anyone saying "it's going to happen". At best, I've seen some speculate what they datamined could mean.

An Evoker only quest indicates that it is a quest that only pertains to Evokers. Further the quest literally says "New Specialization Remembered".
    Except, we don't know that it does. It could be connected to something else. And, again, there's no datamine information about an actual new spec whatsoever. I find it unlikely that Blizzard would put all that in the files... but make no effort to put anything to the class itself.

Would you please stop playing dumb? This is just an example of a non-legendary piece of gear that is exclusive to the evokers, in contrast to your claim that I claimed it would be a "legendary weapon".

I don't recall Ion mentioning classes getting unimportant gear from boss drops during interviews.
    And again you play dumb. That was never my argument. I'm simply pointing out you're putting undue specific importance on something that could mean so many different things.

Not necessarily. It could simply mean that she's no longer a servant of Neltharion and wants to use her powers for other purposes.
    So, no "augmenting allies and weakening foes", then?

Then when do you think the Evoker 3rd spec is coming?
    I don't know. No one does.

Well it would be fair to point out that Blizzard putting out that quest, tying said quest to Adamanthia’s lore, and then dropping those voice lines were not an accident. If that all led to nothing, not even a cosmetic quest, that would be quite a slap in the face to Evoker players.
    Not an accident, but it could be well something we lack appropriate context for, or it could be something that is completely dropped. I can't really speak for "Evoker players" and what may or may not constitute a slap in the face, as it were, but it wouldn't be the first time something big was data-mined from PTR material that didn't actually materialize in the final version. We've seen everything from prototype player housing to moveable garrisons to faction hubs be unveiled and ultimately disappear from data-mined material.

To put it succinctly, don't start thinking anything data-mined is a given on its face - all of this could vanish like low fog in the morning at any time, and that's assuming we have the right of it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiero View Post
    What? Like actually what?
    He mentions the actual Specialization but doesn't name the specs name?
    I don't follow...
    Right here;

And Emberthal, you will wield the essence of the Black Dragonflight to augment all those around you with my power.
    Which is backed up by the edict of the Adamant Vigil, Emberthal's weryn;

Learn the weaknesses of our foes and amplify the strength of our allies.
    He doesn't call Emberthal a name like he called Sakareth a devastator, or Viridia a preserver, but he does mention what her specialization does.

And what about an answer to the other questions?
    What is the context of the voice line?
    Where only those 3 present?
    When does the voice line happen?
    We don't know what the context of the voice was, or where it happened. However, we do know that they were the only three present, because Neltharion says this;

You three shall be the examples all Dracthyr will follow.
    Yet He doesn't mention Evokers...
    Surely he describes devastation and preservation
    but couldn't black just be the other "Ground forces" as in other classes?
    How does having access to other classes relate to the black dragonflight, or augment others with Neltharion's power?

//Blockout Evokers only. Upon login you are toasted with NEW SPECIALIZATION REMEMBERED toast. This quest appears in your mailbox sent by Emberthal asking you to go to the Forbidden Reach. The mystery that was uncovered in 10.0.7 (not required for this quest) is about to unfold and she needs your help to talk Ebyssian down from a course of action she sees as folly.

This being the current datamined quest text?
    Seems likely that this is what we will see upon login in on 10.1 release... right? /s
    Feel free to have a look into the quest "Our Destiny"
    We haven't seen any actual quests, texts or other things regarding all of it.
    Like there isn't even any evidence on the PTR.
    It's right here;

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/quest=72513/our-destiny

Which is the PTR. Also it's part of the quest chain, so there's more than just that quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Streamers are click-baiters. They'll hop on whatever hype or hate train to get as many clicks and/or viewers. As for the other dataminers... I don't recall anyone saying "it's going to happen". At best, I've seen some speculate what they datamined could mean.
    Yet some streamers are also dataminers. Also if several streamers are saying this is likely, don't you think a streamer bucking that trend would get MORE clicks? You can't say one set of dataminers are invalid yet another is valid simply because you agree with one side.

Except, we don't know that it does. It could be connected to something else. And, again, there's no datamine information about an actual new spec whatsoever. I find it unlikely that Blizzard would put all that in the files... but make no effort to put anything to the class itself.
    Neltharion's voice line is information about an actual new spec, as is the quest that literally says New Specialization Remembered. So yes, we do have datamined info about a new spec.

Also we don't know what Blizzard has in their files. We only know what they're giving us, and they're handing it out one piece at a time. Which is why it's silly to believe what a dataminer says. They simply don't have access to anything beyond what's one the PTR, and BLizzard could be purposely withholding information.

Would you please stop playing dumb? This is just an example of a non-legendary piece of gear that is exclusive to the evokers, in contrast to your claim that I claimed it would be a "legendary weapon".

And again you play dumb. That was never my argument. I'm simply pointing out you're putting undue specific importance on something that could mean so many different things.
    A developer going out of his way to mention something for a class more than likely indicates that it is something worth getting excited about.

So, no "augmenting allies and weakening foes", then?
    Her no longer following Neltharion wouldn't change the nature of her abilities.

I don't know. No one does.
    Uh huh. And do you believe that at some point in the future Evokers will get a 3rd spec?

It’s a prime example of how tanks are the best option for this concept. They can amplify and enhance a group without disrupting their primary role, which is a big problem for DPS and Healing.

The other side of that is Vengeance Tanks and Brewmasters who offer debuffs while tanking. So we can have a tank that offers unique buffs like a protection Paladin (Ebon Might), and unique debuffs in the same fashion as Brewmasters and VDHs, and we have a spec that “amplifies allies and weakens enemies” without the support spec you loathe so much.
    Tanking has nothing to do with any aspect of the dragons let alone the evoker of which is the furthest from tanking as it can be, so no there is no best option because the best option for another spec is dps not tanking, you are not getting a tank evoker but it doesnt matter to you anyway since you dont play evoker since you dont have any clue about the class.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Not an accident, but it could be well something we lack appropriate context for, or it could be something that is completely dropped. I can't really speak for "Evoker players" and what may or may not constitute a slap in the face, as it were, but it wouldn't be the first time something big was data-mined from PTR material that didn't actually materialize in the final version. We've seen everything from prototype player housing to moveable garrisons to faction hubs be unveiled and ultimately disappear from data-mined material.

To put it succinctly, don't start thinking anything data-mined is a given on its face - all of this could vanish like low fog in the morning at any time, and that's assuming we have the right of it in the first place.
    TBF, in this circumstance we have datamined info being consistently backed up with more datamined info. Further, the initial datamined info was tied to things already happening in the game, such as Adamanthia, and Sarkareth seeking out Aberrus. Deleting all of that would be quite a strange thing for BLizzard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Tanking has nothing to do with any aspect of the dragons let alone the evoker of which is the furthest from tanking as it can be, so no there is no best option because the best option for another spec is dps not tanking, you are not getting a tank evoker but it doesnt matter to you anyway since you dont play evoker since you dont have any clue about the class.
    Read the thread a bit and you'll find out he doesn't have any clue about any class.

At this point the thread is pretty much done until we have more information.