Poll: What do you want to see in 11.0?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tinker class.
    Shhh!
    Don't summon the devil.

Honestly, DF is pretty perfect in terms of what I want for content.

I would like Blizzard to focus more on the interface. Many things still HAVE to be tracked through WA and that's a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want is Azeroth Australia. I hope the other continent is that
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Make the other parts of the world relevant, i know theres so many zones but that could be pretty cool somehow.

WoD 2.0 - something that feels like wow visually and thematically, orcs are cool, an attempt to make player housing (or guild housing) a thing, etc.

- Faction war
    - more pvp world quests, mounts achievements (for outdoor pvp and raids on capitals cities)
    - "hardcore" servers, pvp only, perma death but with some kind of meta progression, buffed mobs with with unforgiving mechanics during leveling, you're assigned a random class/race and you have to go as far as you can with with it, random raid bosses attacking capital cities... things like that

It's never gonna happen but one can dream

I would love a more grounded sort of setting again much like vanilla WoW, where you mostly deal with local threats and issues on the mainland as an adventurer but I just don't think this can work as an expansion concept anymore, but revamping the world would go a long way. The leveling process up till you hit current content is REALLY disjointed, confusing and outright bad in some cases and it makes it very unsatisfying, tackling this would be good but again I don't know if it's enough to get people to purchase an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Revamp, but instead of getting rid of old zones, either phase the new version on the old or have a the revamped zones exist as a separate continent.
    They're going to have to redo most zones anyways on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. The sky boxes don't allow for dragon riding to work properly. Twilight Highlands is an example of this. Fly from portal spawn point to Twilight Bastion entrance and you'll run into a lower skybox height for the western part of the zone, but when you get towards TB and Vermilion Redoubt, the skybox height changes.

Any other changes would require a lot of time to do. Especially if they want to integrate Azure/Bloodmyst Isle on Kalimdor and Eversong Woods/Ghostlands in Eastern Kingdoms. Those zones still use a lot of 3D trickery leftover from Vanilla. Like the spire in Silvermoon City. It's actually just a box with a texture painted on it to make it look like a spire. But if you were able to fly and tried to buzz either size, you'd run into a wall instead.

That being said, we might see a zone or two like like what we saw with Silithus in Patch 7.3.2 and Zidormi at the zone entrance(s) to trigger phasing.

Mage rework as that would make it 4 years of Shadowlands mage.

Next expansion should be a world revamp - but I would like to see Ka'resh after that.

partial revamp, of northern EK. it's a travesty that Quel'thalas, as a part of TBC content, is the most outdated place in the entire game, despite its importance.
    we already have the plot necessary to make an expansion out of it - the Light invasion. pray they don't botch it.

Everyone noting just how insane a world revamp would be from life/workload standpoint is 100% right. There is no doubt a world revamp would be an mindboggling lift - something that could not be done over the course of even 4 years. Cata was barely pulled off in 2 years and they didn't even update that many zone assets for the most part - they just plopped a lot of Wrath/BC assets around the old world with updated terrain.
    So to do something similar but with updated assets/textures for everything would be just wild to pull off in even a remotely close time-frame to Cata.

...Which is why it continues to be telling that every expansion (and nearly every patch) since Legion has seen some sort of updated old world asset. And hell, most of those assets get used in the current content they're added with, but not all of it (looking at you OG human buildings). And what's more, many times their inclusion in said content is often head scratching.
    Ex: Why on earth were there Quillboar in Kul'Tiras. Like.... what? If I recall, we don't even get an explanation for how they got there.

Now we're seeing dwarf siege engine updates, scarlet crusade assets and HD city guard armor in patch about Neltharion. It just ... it feels all to much at this point.

Not necessarily a full revamp, but I would like to continue to see them have us revisit old zones with some small updates. A good example was during BFA when they added Old God invasions or Darkshore / Arathi storylines. Was cool to go back to a zone you haven't been to in a while and do some end game content, WQs and world bosses. Over time they can just tell smaller stories in different zones and eventually hit them all.

There are some things that stick out like a sore thumb though. So I would like to see an updated Stormwind and Silvermoon that is the quality of Boralus and Suramar. Over time they've been putting together a bunch of newer assets for each racial architecture style, think WoD Garrisons, Warfronts, Val'Sharah and Highmountain, etc. Hoping at some point they've done enough to make revamping old capitals easier and I would expect to potentially see a player housing system along side new cities.

While a re-vamp is possible, its just not very plausable imo.

Should the Capital cities get a make-over and update? 100%. They should update every expansion. Let that show us life after the latest big bad. The surrounding regions/countryfolk, unless directly involved, probably dont know or care. Those zones that were directly involved? Give them an update. Showing the recovery process. Show us the rebuild.

The only time I think a revamp would happen is when the Army of Light becomes a real thing/expansion. Even then there should be a Naaru homeworld we can go to. Major patch 1 > AoL kicks our ass. Major patch 2 > We kick their ass off our world. Major patch 3 > we kick their worlds ass. Queue next expac.

Outside of that.... We've seen the afterlife. Lets see Cosmic/Void worlds. Something that isnt the same grass/trees/mountains we've seen every single expansion (or same zones with a new "paint job" ala revamp for the 3rd time). Lets see a real Black Empire or a world controlled by Constellar's. The one on Azeroth didnt even know the Titans were dead. What if theres a world or worlds out there, where the Constellars did know or just said Fuck Off (hello old god corruption) and ruled it themselves.

Etraeus already showed us an ice world and void world. Lets go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in 11.0 I am hoping for all race/class combos to be unlocked. That way we can play what we want. I think the races have spent enough time among each other to learn how to be other classes. I think they are doing a fantastic job with how patches are being released in dragonflight, it feels like there is always something new to do, so I hope they keep that up!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    World revamp

Class skins

Return of faction war or atleast soft hostility’s.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Old world update.

And player housing.
    It's 2023, I am tired of having to get my fix of it on literally any other MMORPG, or illegally.
    We've seen it works in engine. Enough excuses.

And bring back the faction conflict. Doesn't need to be BFA level, but Warcraft doesn't feel like Warcraft when we're holding hands with the other faction. Literally killing what makes the IP unique to cater to people who hate a core part of it isn't going to end well in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Everyone noting just how insane a world revamp would be from life/workload standpoint is 100% right. There is no doubt a world revamp would be an mindboggling lift - something that could not be done over the course of even 4 years. Cata was barely pulled off in 2 years and they didn't even update that many zone assets for the most part - they just plopped a lot of Wrath/BC assets around the old world with updated terrain.
    So to do something similar but with updated assets/textures for everything would be just wild to pull off in even a remotely close time-frame to Cata.
    They have far better tools than they did in Cataclysm, and far more "HD" assets to use to save time.
    And if anybody cares that they reused Ardenweald assets for Teldrassil 2.0 or something, they're nuts and don't know anything about game dev, or how this engine works.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Ex: Why on earth were there Quillboar in Kul'Tiras. Like.... what? If I recall, we don't even get an explanation for how they got there.
    You make a good point there, considering that we have revamped Gnolls now in Dragonflight, probably one of the most popular monster in the original game, apart from Murlocs. My vote is that those fellas are next in the HD line.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    And bring back the faction conflict. Doesn't need to be BFA level, but Warcraft doesn't feel like Warcraft when we're holding hands with the other faction. Literally killing what makes the IP unique to cater to people who hate a core part of it isn't going to end well in the long term.
    This, so much. As a veteran who grew up with Warcraft I, taking away the conflict just kills the game for me. I loved BfA because of this; even with all its flaws, the campaign felt amazing, so did the Warfronts and Expeditions. Yes, I loved those, and I miss them.
    Last edited by GabrielKnight; 2023-03-13 at 08:51 PM.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    You make a good point there, considering that we have revamped Gnolls now in Dragonflight, probably one of the most popular monster in the original game, apart from Murlocs. My vote is that those fellas are next in the HD line.
    I’m actually pretty sure murlocs got updated sometime in Legion or BfA - their new ‘models’ were exceptionally faithful leaving most folks unawares.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Are you hoping for a world revamp that brings all the zones from Vanilla/Cata up to modern standards and timelines, or do you want to see the mysterious 'other side of azeroth' continent that's been hinted at all through Dragonflight?
    I'd love, and I mean love option #3, but I'd still settle for option #1. Anything else would have to be very well done in order to not be a disappointment (YMMV of course).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    As a veteran who grew up with Warcraft I, taking away the conflict just kills the game for me. I loved BfA because of this; even with all its flaws, the campaign felt amazing, so did the Warfronts and Expeditions. Yes, I loved those, and I miss them.
    The problem is that whenever there is some kind of conflict between A and H, it inevitably boils down to "Horde bad, Alliance gud", which was already trite by the time of WC3. And as a (former?) Horde fan, I have no interest whatsoever in playing yet another expansion where I am forced to follow some random lunatic only to betray him/her later and be lectured by the Ally Mary Sue du jour about how war is bad. In a game called Warcraft, no less.