Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Heirlooms can be upgraded to level 70 in 10.1!

Something about juggling two sets of tokens for various levels and heirloom types is just clunky and weird.

Beside every Timewalking and Heirloom vendor there should just be a Timewalker NPC that can upgrade heirlooms for varying costs.

Either that or the Scabbards and Casings should all be consolodated into one item that can be used on any heirloom of any type or any level.

This is dumb.
    Heirlooms are a redundant feature, that no longer has a purpose now that leveling is faster, and they no longer have bonus EXP on them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They do offer a large power benefit, you are unlikely to get the right upgrades to keep up with leveling, its a massive QoL for leveling alts, your also saying you have millions of gold in the bank, less than 500k to upgrade all heirlooms to max but you dont need to go that far just upgrade weapons and armor and your ring and that covers most of it.
    Like I said, I've leveled several alts and the heirlooms were weaksauce. I used them until they stopped scaling but I didn't bother to upgrade them to level 50, much less 60.

Re levels 1-20, I've only leveled allied races from the start recently so I missed half of that, but 10-20 they didn't seem particularly powerful. Maybe they were and it just went by so quickly I didn't notice-- but anything you don't notice is inconsequential, by definition. They aren't worth 500k. Not 50k either. If it was like 20k to upgrade an entire armor type I guess I'd do it just for the minor convenience.

Maybe if I was leveling by killing old world Chromie time rares only and then logging off until the rares respawn, relying on rest XP to level, then they'd offer real value. That is reportedly very fast leveling in terms of hours /played but takes months accumulating rest, using it, then logging off waiting for more. Or if I was leveling in content that doesn't consistently give gear, like... I dunno, Torghast? Pet battling? Mob grinding? BFA islands give gear now.

Anyway I'm not looking to fight-- if people inexplicably like them then sure, leave them in the game. I just see no possible scenario where I'd upgrade mine. I'm willing to be convinced, change my mind!
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-03-20 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... It's been a long while since I dealt with upgrading heirlooms, but isn't there a NPC in Ironforge (for the Alliance) that sells heirlooms and all their upgrade tokens for gold? I'm sure there's one for the Horde as well, but I don't play Horde so I don't know where he is.
    Think he mean the convoluted way you have to buy the doodad to go from 40 to 50 then buy another doodad to go from 50 to 60 ect ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Like I said, I've leveled several alts and the heirlooms were weaksauce. I used them until they stopped scaling but I didn't bother to upgrade them to level 50, much less 60.

Re levels 1-20, I've only leveled allied races from the start recently so I missed half of that, but 10-20 they didn't seem particularly powerful. Maybe they were and it just went by so quickly I didn't notice-- but anything you don't notice is inconsequential, by definition. They aren't worth 500k. Not 50k either. If it was like 20k to upgrade an entire armor type I guess I'd do it just for the minor convenience.

Maybe if I was leveling by killing old world Chromie time rares only and then logging off until the rares respawn, relying on rest XP to level, then they'd offer real value. That is reportedly very fast leveling in terms of hours /played but takes months accumulating rest, using it, then logging off waiting for more. Or if I was leveling in content that doesn't consistently give gear, like... I dunno, Torghast? Pet battling? Mob grinding? BFA islands give gear now.

Anyway I'm not looking to fight-- if people inexplicably like them then sure, leave them in the game. I just see no possible scenario where I'd upgrade mine. I'm willing to be convinced, change my mind!
    You barely get gear as you level and you outlevel it straight away, heirlooms are just superior thats a simple fact, if you want to level with far less power and slower then thats fine but you are wrong saying they are worthless, also gear is random you might not get a weapon upgrade for 10 levels, seems you are out of touch with reality here, scaling gear as you level or relying on random drops or quest rewards that get out leveled, i know what im going to pick.

You say you had millions lying around, you barely need to spend anything to upgrade them, gold is easy to make if you actively go after it and you can upgrade them for free with timewalking.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I leveled every single allied race to 50 with partial heirlooms, all of which stopped scaling between 35 and 45 or so. My experience is they are a minor convenience factor only-- but I leveled through quests which constantly shower you in new gear. Most were in SL with the 50% XP buff, but I did do the final two in Dragonflight (which is actually faster with the new XP curve).

Timewalking is "free", but I'd have to do a ton of TW dungeons to upgrade anything. You make like 50 per dungeon (after the once per TW quest for 500) and you'd need many thousands. The final weapon upgrade to 60 alone costs 1200 TW badges. And that's 60, not 70.

I have tens of thousands of TW badges too, don't get me wrong, but I accumulated them by doing a single TW dungeon for the quest on multiple characters to save up to 5000 badges on a couple chars for the next times they add mounts. So that was substantial effort over months and months of play. The gold is much "cheaper" for me, and that isn't worthwhile either.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-03-20 at 08:26 PM.