10+ Year Old Account

Anyone having trouble with Twitch drops?

So I have my account connected (and active) with Twitch drops, and I've been "watching" streams with
    accounts that have drops enabled, but it's been hours and it's only gone up 13%.

Anyone else having problems with this? Cause this shouldn't be happening.

I don't but it is often said that you should reconnect the games after a year or so since they could still be shown as connected but aren' anymore.
    But that doesn't seem to be you problem when you got to 13%.
    I also heard that they have made some restrictions so that you can't have the stream run muted for it to count. Maybe that could be your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    So I have my account connected (and active) with Twitch drops, and I've been "watching" streams with
    accounts that have drops enabled, but it's been hours and it's only gone up 13%.

Are you muting/putting the tab in the background? Sometimes Twitch gets a little iffy about drops if you don't have the tab active and/or unmuted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

You have to 'watch' them.

Put the volume at 1%, grab the Twitch drop extension for your browser to automatically claim drops and chat currency. You can do whatever you want then having the browser minimised.

If you're at work, you can 'watch' for twitch drops by having the video set to "audio only", have the volume set to 1%... and then get your ass back to work, coming back the time required to vlaim to move onto the next.

You MUST claim the drop to start ticking towards the next drop.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-03-23 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Are you muting/putting the tab in the background? Sometimes Twitch gets a little iffy about drops if you don't have the tab active and/or unmuted.
    Yeah I had it muted and put on a separate tab where it wasn't on my main display. Looks like that was my problem.

I managed to get it after doing what was suggested.

Yeah I had it muted and put on a separate tab where it wasn't on my main display. Looks like that was my problem.

I managed to get it after doing what was suggested.
    What I do for my drops is I install another browser, I normally use Chrome so I installed Firefox, then mute the whole browser using the windows volume settings(as Twitch can't detect that), then just minimise Firefox. It doesn't count as muted, because it's muted in windows, and it's not counted as "in the background" because it's the primary tab in the firefox window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I had the same issue when I hit 40% of the recent one, it stopped. I think it was because I had them muted so I put it on 2% volume and that worked

Occasionally the video player crashes if it's been in another tab for a couple of hours and it stops counting towards your target time for the drop.

Yup, set to the lowest resolution, volume at 1%, then wait. That works perfectly. Also pick a major streamer with tons of watchers that isn't likely to go offline in the next couple of hours-- I usually go with toweliee. No comments on the streamer please, I don't watch people play videogames, I don't care who or what he is.

I wish Blizzard didn't make it four freaking hours. Minor annoyance, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically mute the tab, rather than the stream itself then bugger off and do something else.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!