Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

WTF Is a 20 tier skips?

D4 ultimate bundle offers 20 tier skips, what does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    you get access to the season pass unlocks straight away, cosmetics and whatever they are putting in it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    you get access to the season pass unlocks straight away, cosmetics and whatever they are putting in it.
    Brah, another diablo game gets fucked by greed, cheers anyways

15+ Year Old Account
    https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Pass

You skip 20 of them levels for a headstart thus unlocking higher levels sooner then those who dont have the skip (if you play enough).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Its cosmetic stuff nothing with power its optional and some exp boosts to help alts and stuff, its an online game, the more money they generate the more support the games gets which means more and more content.

Cosmetics aren't really a big deal...

oh god how will you survive not getting cosmetics 2 days sooner

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    oh god how will you survive not getting cosmetics 2 days sooner
    Main Diablo core mechanic is to seek loot and repeat till you get a minimum upgrade, it also makes it fun to collect cool item sets, but now we will get shitty item sets and cool ones will be locked by payment.

People are paying $99 for this game, stop shilling.

Main Diablo core mechanic is to seek loot and repeat till you get a minimum upgrade, it also makes it fun to collect cool item sets, but now we will get shitty item sets and cool ones will be locked by payment.

Yeah I think it's a waste too tbh. Especially for a game like diablo. I'll tell you what. If they packaged it with an item that once equipped acted like an heirloom up to a certain iLvL that also granted an exp boost, then maybe I would consider paying a little extra for something like that because it's unique and would be useable by multiple characters forever. But just some level skips or cosmetics unlocks for whatever season seems like a waste of money.

I used to throw money at Blizzard and buy all their special edition games, collector edition, whatever. You know what I got for it? Some mounts that I don't ride, and pets that I could care less about that only come out once in a blue moon. Literally.

If you want a game to be always online, and constantly getting free updates, it is kinda a given they need more income somehow. diablo 4 is doing cosmetics and that's it.
    Wow does subs and cosmetics, ff14 does subs and cosmetics, etc.

but now we will get shitty item sets and cool ones will be locked by payment.
    We'll find out exactly soon, but the previews they've shown between free sets and premium sets were quite close - in fact people were divided over which ones were better.

Do we expect the paid ones to be EXTRA cool? Absolutely. That doesn't mean the free ones will be "shitty", though.

your post is whining about the 20 tier skips, not the skins in the battle pass. stay on topic. the skips only let you get some cosmetics a few days quicker, you still get them if you had bought the pass without the skips.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you want a game to be always online, and constantly getting free updates, it is kinda a given they need more income somehow. diablo 4 is doing cosmetics and that's it.
    Wow does subs and cosmetics, ff14 does subs and cosmetics, etc.
    Meanwhile D2/D2R and D3 (And necro DLC was already a joke) from the same company (And you will find tons of other examples from other companies) proving this is not true and its sheer greed, but fanboys will justify whatever blizzard throws at them.

If you really believe the prices for this game are ok and "needed", you are out of your mind. And i got a pretty good economy, but this is pure bullshit.

Even if it is cosmetics, you create this feeling around the player of being involved in some shady F2P trap and will get spammed with "offers".

I get it, you will buy it no matter why if you are a diehard fan of these games, and you do you of course, but come on...

Let's not talk about the "collector's edition doesn't include the game". I swear this is the first time i see such bullshit. And it's not like "dudeee but it comes with a badass figure" or whatever. A goddamn candle.

It's greed. Pure greed. Plain and simple. It's up to you to eat the bait. But it is what it is.
    Last edited by Shigma; 2023-03-16 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Meanwhile D2/D2R and D3 (And necro DLC was already a joke) from the same company (And you will find tons of other examples from other companies) proving this is not true and its sheer greed, but fanboys will justify whatever blizzard throws at them.

If you really believe the prices for this game are ok and "needed", you are out of your mind. And i got a pretty good economy, but this is pure bullshit.

Even if it is cosmetics, you create this feeling around the player of being involved in some shady F2P trap and will get spammed with "offers".

I get it, you will buy it no matter why if you are a diehard fan of these games, and you do you of course, but come on...

Let's not talk about the "collector's edition doesn't include the game". I swear this is the first time i see such bullshit. And it's not like "dudeee but it comes with a badass figure" or whatever. A goddamn candle.

It's greed. Pure greed. Plain and simple. It's up to you to eat the bait. But it is what it is.
    D2R is hardly pumping out content, what are you talking about? They added a few extra things since launch like QoL features and rune words.

D3 really started to die down after a few seasons too with innovation and new stuff.

You can see the same issue happened elsewhere with Overwatch, content died down hardcore because they needed to make a new game to have the income still flow to justify the game support.

Battle pass. It’s nothing new. They’ve been a thing since 2013 but didn’t start gaining traction till Fortnite popularized the system in 2018.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

You dont have a clue about whats greed or not, games costs alot of money to make and to continue developing a game and make more they need to make enough money or the game doesnt get updates, anyone who wouldnt want a game they like to get continued support and content is basically an idiot, you are not forced to buy cosmetics or upgraded edtions, games costs alot more than they used to and it costs even more to opertate games now, the mtx are going to help fund the running of the game along with even more updates so you should get a basic understanding how things work before complaining.

D2R is not coming out with perpetual content updates, nor is it anything on par with the multiplayer D4 will have.
    D3 what??? A major complaint has been its LACK of additional content. Also Necro DLC was purchased, it was not free.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont have a clue about whats greed or not, games costs alot of money to make and to continue developing a game and make more they need to make enough money or the game doesnt get updates, anyone who wouldnt want a game they like to get continued support and content is basically an idiot, you are not forced to buy cosmetics or upgraded edtions, games costs alot more than they used to and it costs even more to opertate games now, the mtx are going to help fund the running of the game along with even more updates so you should get a basic understanding how things work before complaining.
    Are we really going to think they haven't gotten their investment back already just from the pre-orders? Sure games cost the same as they used to years back while everything has increased in price. But for the most part salaries haven't, so people don't have a lot more money to put on games like they did in 2005 for example. What really has changed is the model of how companies are run, they didn't really get run by quarterly reports 10-20 years ago, but now every quarter is as important as the next because they have to please the investors, as for the most part every gaming company nowdays is publicly traded.

And for what it's worth.. games absolutely do not cost more to operate today than they did even few years back. The computational power of servers have gone up massively while game complexity hasn't and servers aren't that much more expensive than they used to.

In the end the point am trying to make is.. that it is all about money. They will do everything to maximize income from development time. So for the team to justify updating the game, they need recurring income. And that is where the battle pass and mtx come in. If they didn't have something, much like D3 didn't have after the action house got removed, the team gets moved to a new project. That is why 2nd expansion of D3 got canned, even though the game has sold something silly like 30 million box copies.

Exactly what it sounds like ... you buy a game, then pay extra money to not have to play it. Cause that's the reason the 2023 people buy things ... to not have to use them.
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-03-16 at 06:21 AM.

This is totally your assumption. We may, we may in part, we may not.

Also the core mechanic is grind for MORE POWERFUL gear, not for BETTER LOOKING gear. I fully understand that WoW made a great job in brainwashing people to think that looking for cool looking stuff is a worthy activity but it’s not and especially it’s not the CORE activity in whatever ARPG that is not set into Barbie world.

Playing D3 again since 3 years and the only times I use the transmog at the Mystic is to “mark” objects I wanna keep in the inventory and I don’t want to be auto salvaged or salvaged manually by mistake.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2023-03-16 at 08:45 AM.