Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    oh god how will you survive not getting cosmetics 2 days sooner
    why defend this? it's blizzard employing more greedy microtransaction bullshit instead of making the cosmetics loot you can find...

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    why defend this? it's blizzard employing more greedy microtransaction bullshit instead of making the cosmetics loot you can find...
    ...and they pay for the artists that make those cosmetics with what? Good vibes and the gracious thanks of the community?

How much non-cosmetic content would you be willing to sacrifice to make those droppable cosmetics that are as numerous and as high quality as the paid ones? Because that's what happens when you restrict resources - you can do less.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    if funny how you go there right after we just had diablo immortal
    I don't really care about Immortal either. I'll never play it because it isn't for me. If someone wants to play a game they know will cost them tens of thousands of dollars or more to complete, who am I to say no to them? Ferraris exist, mansions exist, superyachts exist - I don't need or use any of them, but I'm not going to pretend they have no utility for certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    Online game needs to make money or else it dies, even if it's good.

Perfect example - Heroes of the Storm. That game had 0 reason to spend real cash on it as you could unlock everything farily easy with in game currency. Now it's dead.

The +20 Tier skip is really not something anyone should ever worry about.
    The Battlepass itself is a bigger problem than the skips - but it's almost industry standard now.

But some idiots buy the the 90€ version of this game just to play 4 days earlier, so why wouldn't Blizzard implement shit like that, I would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The +20 Tier skip is really not something anyone should ever worry about.
    The Battlepass itself is a bigger problem than the skips - but it's almost industry standard now.

But some idiots buy the the 90€ version of this game just to play 4 days earlier, so why wouldn't Blizzard implement shit like that, I would as well.
    This. The issue is not +20 Tier skips, the issue is battle pass it self, but, as @KrayZ33 said, its industry standard now.
    If we look at industry standard you will have "free tier" and "premium tier" ladders nicely laid out so you can see what you miss if you dont buy into it.
    Battle/seasonal/premium passes tend to incite people to make rash decisions and buy into battle passes out of "fear of missing out" collectable/cosmetic "rewards" that are available (currently) only trough paid ladder of the Season.

But, sadly, since Premium pass is here to stay Im more concerned on how much "fair" will be...
    IF they make it REMOTELY fair (as "Conan Exiles" did) after buying premium pass once you should be able to earn enough premium currency trough the season to unlock next season without spending extra money.
    OFC you can spend that same premium currency that you earned trough the season on shop skins/items too and buy next season's premium pass with money.
    "One time investment," if we opt into it, on premium pass would be something that i can live with just fine.

But knowing blizzard.. i wont keep my hopes up that it will be "fair" at all.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2023-03-26 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    Main Diablo core mechanic is to seek loot and repeat till you get a minimum upgrade, it also makes it fun to collect cool item sets, but now we will get shitty item sets and cool ones will be locked by payment.

People are paying $99 for this game, stop shilling.
    I don't remember farming D2/D3 to earn cosmetics. I remember farming to gain power, which isn't part of the battle pass, and the game has plenty free transmog options in game. I don't see how the existence of cosmetic BP removes the core mechanic of diablo when you're still gonna be doing the same exact thing. I agree that BP shouldn't exist in the first place, but don't act like it's a gamebreaking thing.

Am I the only person who doesn't hate a battlepass, that's cosmetic only?
    I think it does it's goals pretty darn well. #1 it brings in revenue without pay 2 win. #2 it's not random rewards (loot boxes). #3 players who play more, get more.

I've never seen a battlepass that wasn't huge value for the $. Is it all just the FOMO thing? Cuz I dont subscribe to the hate on FOMO either.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    Main Diablo core mechanic is to seek loot and repeat till you get a minimum upgrade, it also makes it fun to collect cool item sets, but now we will get shitty item sets and cool ones will be locked by payment.

People are paying $99 for this game, stop shilling.
    I'm not only against BP but I think its a great decision to keep game alive as long as its cosmetic only.

And even if you don't wanna buy it theres plenty of great looking items ingame. Just look how awesome some of the items look in beta. Some of them look even better than PoE MTX armor sets that cost like 50-80$ per one.

It's not shilling, stop overusing this word. It's just common sense to know that online service games either need constant money flow or they will just die out like D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't hate a battlepass, that's cosmetic only?
    I think it does it's goals pretty darn well. #1 it brings in revenue without pay 2 win. #2 it's not random rewards (loot boxes). #3 players who play more, get more.

I've never seen a battlepass that wasn't huge value for the $. Is it all just the FOMO thing? Cuz I dont subscribe to the hate on FOMO either.
    As long as I get free content due to BP I don't mind one with cosmetics only.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I'm not only against BP but I think its a great decision to keep game alive as long as its cosmetic only.

And even if you don't wanna buy it theres plenty of great looking items ingame. Just look how awesome some of the items look in beta. Some of them look even better than PoE MTX armor sets that cost like 50-80$ per one.

It's not shilling, stop overusing this word. It's just common sense to know that online service games either need constant money flow or they will just die out like D3.
    The problem for me is not paying for cosmetics. The problem comes from the BP and how it usually works in games.
    You pay money but you get nothing until you complete A B C and if you don't manage to complete it by day X you get nothing from your money or only part of it.

BPs are usually not just made to earn money to support the game, they are made so that you keep playing the game so you are more likely to buy the next thing they release for money as well.

As for how much money a game costs and if they should include premium stuff etc. (since the user you quoted mentioned it)
    The days when games are successful and cost 50$ are over. There is money to be made out there, and it usually doesn't come from retail sales.
    Especially since games would have to cost like 100€/$ by now and lets see how many people are willing to invest in your game if the entry point is that high.

We literally had games costing 50-70$ in 1997 and that was the standard price

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its cosmetic stuff nothing with power its optional and some exp boosts to help alts and stuff, its an online game, the more money they generate the more support the games gets which means more and more content.
    found the blizz dev

On a serious note, you probably don't give a fuck but you are ruining gaming for some of us. There is a special place in hell for your type.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    found the blizz dev

On a serious note, you probably don't give a fuck but you are ruining gaming for some of us. There is a special place in hell for your type.
    And theres another one for people that tells other people what they should enjoy and how they should spend their money.

found the blizz dev

Its the other way around, if a game doesnt get money it doesnt get supported and the game you love gets basic treatment and then you complain that not enough content is created, money is what games need so the higher ups decide it gets support, your view is the one that actually screws games up because it ends up removing support.

Nothing wrong at all with a game company that is designed to make money to make as much as it can to continue supporting the game for the next decade or more, I want more content, new zones, classes and everything, and that is more likely to happen if the game is supported constantly.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And theres another one for people that tells other people what they should enjoy and how they should spend their money.
    I'm going to have to stop you right there cowboy. Please read what I wrote. Not telling him what to do, just that doing what he obviously does is something I feel is absolutely retarded behaviour that plays only into corporate greed.

I get that you and him don't understand this, it's fine, I'm only saying this is stupid [to me].

Its the other way around, if a game doesnt get money it doesnt get supported and the game you love gets basic treatment and then you complain that not enough content is created, money is what games need so the higher ups decide it gets support, your view is the one that actually screws games up because it ends up removing support.

Nothing wrong at all with a game company that is designed to make money to make as much as it can to continue supporting the game for the next decade or more, I want more content, new zones, classes and everything, and that is more likely to happen if the game is supported constantly.
    If you see nothing wrong with premium pay-walled content in a full priced game then I won't bother with you anymore. I will still hate you with all my guts because these trends continue because paypigs like you are happy to throw money at them, which in turn makes my experience worse.

I'm going to have to stop you right there cowboy. Please read what I wrote. Not telling him what to do, just that doing what he obviously does is something I feel is absolutely retarded behaviour that plays only into corporate greed.

I get that you and him don't understand this, it's fine, I'm only saying this is stupid [to me].

If you see nothing wrong with premium pay-walled content in a full priced game then I won't bother with you anymore. I will still hate you with all my guts because these trends continue because paypigs like you are happy to throw money at them, which in turn makes my experience worse.
    There is no premium walled content in D4, its some cosmetics get over yourself, its not up to you to decide if others are fine with spending some money on a cosmetic upgrade or not, your way of thinking is bad for the future of a game, you are basically asking for a company to give less support to a game because you dont want to buy completely optional things.

It does not effect your experience on the game in the slightest, do you care someone has bought a cosmetic from the store over cosmetics you have earned in the game. I for one want my games to be supported for many years, do you want basic seasons like D3 or do you want more.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no premium walled content in D4, its some cosmetics get over yourself, its not up to you to decide if others are fine with spending some money on a cosmetic upgrade or not, your way of thinking is bad for the future of a game, you are basically asking for a company to give less support to a game because you dont want to buy completely optional things.

It does not effect your experience on the game in the slightest, do you care someone has bought a cosmetic from the store over cosmetics you have earned in the game. I for one want my games to be supported for many years, do you want basic seasons like D3 or do you want more.
    I don't expect you to understand, honestly. But can we at least agree that I'm not telling you what to do with your money? Keep supporting the business practice if you deem it ok. All I'm saying is that to me, you are a turd flinging ape with too much disposable income, that's it. You do you.

I sure hope the "new content" you get from paying extra... Is free. Or you'd be paying for it twice

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. your money is not going to support the game. Sorry. This is where it goes.

Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2023-03-26 at 05:58 PM.

P.S. your money is not going to support the game. Sorry. This is where it goes.
    It will support the game and obviously sales could cover some yachts too. Do you think other companies are developing games not for money? You are silly at this point.

money from the shop is going to support the devs and keep the game alive

The same people whining in this thread about the battlepass and the ingame shop would also be the same people to whine like hell when there was no content to do in the game and it was maintenance mode only.

Games are a product, nothing else. If a game aint profitable, it won't be made or kept alive. Its that painfully simple.

Now obviously there has been games thats been made without profits, but those are flops. They fully expected them to make them fat stacks of money