10+ Year Old Account

Patch 10.0.7 PTR - Winterpelt Furbolg Reputation Grind Preview

Patch 10.0.7 PTR - Winterpelt Furbolg Reputation Grind Preview
    A new optional reputation grind is coming in Patch 10.0.7 with the Winterpelt Furbolg tribe. This is a reimagining of the Timbermaw Hold reputation grind from Classic World of Warcraft. Players will need to collect items from mobs to learn the language and earn rewards. Here is a brief preview of that to expect.

Winterpelt Furbolg Reputation Overview

Winterpelt Furbolg Reputation Grind
    • In Patch 10.0.7, start the Academic Assistance quest by accepting it in the Adventure Guide (Shift-J). This quest will become available after completing the Winterpelt Hollow and Rustpine Den quest chains in the Azure Span.
    • You will return to Sonova Snowden in The Azure Span and complete two quests to unlock the ability to farm Liberated Furbolg Artifacts and Intact Scribe Stick from Primalist mobs in the Azure Span.
    • It takes 5 Liberated Furbolg Artifacts or 1 Intact Scribe Stick to gain a level in Winterpelt Furbolg Language Knowledge.
    • There are 100 levels of Winterpelt Furbolg Language Knowledge to max it out and reach exalted.
    • Gaining a level doesn't grant you any reputation outright. Every 25 levels of knowledge will instead open up a quest chain that gives you the necessary reputation to increase your standing. There are a total of four quests during the grind, each having a unique reward to earn.

Winterpelt Furbolg Reputation Vendor
    As you increase your reputation with the Winterpelt Furbolg, you will also gain access to unique rewards from Kazzi, the faction vendor.

LevelTypeNameReq. StandingModel Viewer
    70Food & DrinkBig Chunk o' MeatFriendly
    70Food & DrinkFrozen Solid TeaFriendly
    60OtherHighland Drake: Sleek HornsHonored
    60OtherWindborne Velocidrake: Exposed Finned BackHonored
    60OtherCliffside Wylderdrake: Plated NoseHonored
    60OtherRenewed Proto-Drake: Stubby SnoutHonored
    1BackWinter Pelt CloakHonored
     Modelviewer
    1BackHollowed Furbolg Food PackHonored
     Modelviewer
    392One-handed MaceWinterpelt Mending TotemHonored
     Modelviewer
    60OtherCliffside Wylderdrake: Spiked HornsRevered
    1OtherSnow BlanketRevered
    60OtherRenewed Proto-Drake: Malevolent HornsRevered
    60OtherHighland Drake: Horned ChinRevered
    60OtherWindborne Velocidrake: Spiked NeckRevered
    1Tailoring PatternPattern: Paw-Made Winterpelt Reagent BagRevered
    1Cooking RecipeRecipe: Firewater SorbetRevered
    1BackHollowed Winterpelt Food PackRevered
     Modelviewer
    70Reagent BagPaw-Made Winterpelt Reagent BagRevered
    1Companion PetsDriftlingExalted
    Last edited by Stoy; 2023-03-17 at 01:37 AM.

Is that toy the first non-sunglasses glasses?

So only worth doing as a tailor.
    Drake cosmetics, boring.
    A 392 mace, useless gear like with all the other rep vendors.
    Zero thought put into rewards

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye seems pretty useless, the toy could be fun, but nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Is that toy the first non-sunglasses glasses?
    Ca'nees in Orgrimmar and Finn in Stormwind both sell several cosmetic glasses that are not sunglasses and run between 5g and 500g

only worth doing for the toy and pet as a non tailor and collector shame

Those furbolg models have a cool pose.

For the second time since DF launched these guys launch a patch as soon as I'm ready to unsub. I like this cadence of content. Sure neither .5 or .7 have enough content to last months untill next patch but with some alts levling this might just be th elongest time i've ever been subbed after an xpac in a decade or so.

Too bad the rewards are so out of touch. But I love it that they modeled this furbolg content from vanilla furbolg grind to remind people that they are wrong when they say they miss when content wasn't grindy, like that's ever been a thing in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    For the second time since DF launched these guys launch a patch as soon as I'm ready to unsub. I like this cadence of content. Sure neither .5 or .7 have enough content to last months untill next patch but with some alts levling this might just be th elongest time i've ever been subbed after an xpac in a decade or so.

Too bad the rewards are so out of touch. But I love it that they modeled this furbolg content from vanilla furbolg grind to remind people that they are wrong when they say they miss when content wasn't grindy, like that's ever been a thing in wow.
    The problem is that it's just poorly thought out, per usual. Always MAUs and time played metrics in mind - evident by the major patch with Fryakk assaults. Just dumb

How can i tell if I have already completed the required questlines before the patch hits?

Quote Originally Posted by cgilm2526 View Post
    How can i tell if I have already completed the required questlines before the patch hits?
    Check the Sojourner of the Azure Span achievement, specifically the Winterpelt Hollow and Rustpine Den entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I will never understand what they try to achive with those VERY VERY useless reputation rewards in gear form.

If you are that far into the game... you get better stuff by accidantly killing a few rares here and there or do LFR.

I get that it is not for me as a raider or Mythic+ runner... but hell even my twinks i barely touch don't need shit from any of the reps.

Why is there no incentive to do these reputations? And i don't mean iLvl or power. A transmog? A mount... anything? Those dragon riding glyphs? Useless. Asside from color you barely see a difference when using the dragon riding mounts unless you look closer. Way too homogenous.

The Foodpack and the mace are... well mediocre. Like with every other rep this expansion.

I just hope the items aren't too rare, I hate grinds with no direction.. wowhead suggests they're a pretty high drop rate, though, so that's good

why would we grind a useless faction for useless items... some people have too much time

5+ Year Old Account
    Useless

/yawn

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    why would we grind a useless faction for useless items... some people have too much time
    Everyone playing WoW is wasting their time, no matter what content they do. How are you spending your time in WoW and why do you think whatever items you acquire are not useless?

Everyone is different and I know right away there's one in my guild who'll go in hard to grind out the rep just because they have fun with reps.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post

The game has content to last a while compared to a decade back, why even bother to play the game if you only play it for 1-2 months.. Just curious. Mythic+ lasted a while for me, thats for sure. And the new professions made things somewhat fun for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoura View Post
    The game has content to last a while compared to a decade back, why even bother to play the game if you only play it for 1-2 months.. Just curious. Mythic+ lasted a while for me, thats for sure. And the new professions made things somewhat fun for a bit.
    For starters, playing a game for 1-2 months is not a "why even bother" thing. There are so many amazing games being released at any given time, that it's surprising I even spend 2 month not playing anything else.

But regarding wow, I really don't have an answer for you that won't result in you telling me that the game does in fact have content I just choose not to engage in it. I guess that is true. All our definition of what counts as content is relative.

I did all the quest available in the world and the all campaign quests locked by renown.
    I got to True Friend with Sabelian and Wrathion. #teamsabellian
    I farmed world quests as long as it suited me. I didn't get all renown maxed, in fact only Dragonscale Expedition is maxed. But as I said earlier the rewards are very uninteresting. I figure I'll eventually go back especially if they add more renown locked quests later in other patches, if they are going to do renown like it used to be in SL.
    I have never PVPed or care much for it.
    I did the trial of the elements and water, comunity feats, grand hunts, dragon keep siege while the ilvl rewards were relevant. Same for some rare hunting.
    I no longer have time to raid but I did some social raids until Razageth was killed in normal.
    While I was engaged in world content (world quest, events, rares, etc) I levelled up my professions some, but not fully.
    Did the primal storm thing some times but no rewards so no interest.
    Currently I just "farm" m+ to get bigger ilvl to do higher m+.
    And lately I've been spending time on one alt.

That's my playstyle. But eventually you get to a point "what the fuck am I doing with my life? So much stuff to do irl, so many other good games to play" and so the rewards become even less appealing and I just log off. And that's fine with me. I'm just surprised that this time they managed get new patches frequent enough that even if I don't play the game exclusively I keep my sub on and keep logging in sparsely. Which ultimately is the point of the patches.

I realise I'm no longer the audience for this game: I'm not a mount collector, an achievement collector, a pet collector, a transmog collector nor a drake glyph collector. And that summarizes the content available in wow right now, once you no longer have quests and instances you want to do. Last patch (10.0.5) had nothing other than collector stuff to do. Which is why I played an alt.
    Last edited by AtomR; 2023-03-20 at 10:58 AM.