Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was so tempted to send the preorder. I had a feeling it's going to be a shitshow. Glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    >Open Beta
    >you have to pay to access it
    That's not open.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    haha this. This time around im not preodering anything. Maybe buy on launch.
    That's because it's the Early Access to the Open Beta that's going to be next weekend, which will include extra classes. It's kinda confusingly worded, but it's because it's the one beta period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That's because it's the Early Access to the Open Beta that's going to be next weekend, which will include extra classes. It's kinda confusingly worded, but it's because it's the one beta period.
    We can call it whatever we want. Fact is, Blizzard is cashing out on pre oders and one way to make sure preoders are bought is to create beta weekends and early access rewards. Fact is, if Blizzard really just wanted players to test the game in any shape or form, they could have made that happen at no cost.

Its nothing but a money scheme for, by the looks of it so far, a rather mediocre game. Makes sense though. They will make most money from D4 from when pre orderers opend and up until launch.

looks like heaps of people have bought wow tokens from the ah, the price has gone up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Then just don't ? Holy shit everything need to be an existential crisis nowaday ? Don't like a freaking video game ? Maybe just don't play it and move over with your life ???
    Chill out. I was asking a question you queen.

Anyway, as I was saying, I don't understand how game devs have spun beta testing to be something we are privileged to be able to do, when in fact we, the consumers, are doing them the favour of free labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Chill out. I was asking a question you queen.

Anyway, as I was saying, I don't understand how game devs have spun beta testing to be something we are privileged to be able to do, when in fact we, the consumers, are doing them the favour of free labour.
    I'd rather a world where schmucks pay to beta test the game than deal with hordes of unwashed masses on launch whining "WHY BLIZZ NO BETA TEST NE THING HUH BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY DAE CORPORATIONS BAD UPDOOTS TO THE LEFT"

We can call it whatever we want. Fact is, Blizzard is cashing out on pre oders and one way to make sure preoders are bought is to create beta weekends and early access rewards. Fact is, if Blizzard really just wanted players to test the game in any shape or form, they could have made that happen at no cost.

Its nothing but a money scheme for, by the looks of it so far, a rather mediocre game. Makes sense though. They will make most money from D4 from when pre orderers opend and up until launch.
    But you don't need to preorder? Just grab a 3$ sandwich from KFC. wowee, what a money making play, a 3$ sandwich? wowowowowow
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Open Beta is next weekend, not this weekend. So you can still play and test the game at no cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Execute Error 37

Game runs pretty well on my decade old PC on High settings.

Got my rogue to level 16 without issue before calling it a day. The game feels a lot slower starting a new character with how the skill system works.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-03-18 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Game runs pretty well on my decade old PC on High settings.

Got my rogue to level 16 without issue before calling it a day. The game feels a lot slower starting a new character with how the skill system works.
    And I hope it stays slow. No need for d3 speed again

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    And how frequently are they going to bring out seasons, every 3 months?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And how frequently are they going to bring out seasons, every 3 months?
    I heard the plan was 4 seasons a year
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I heard the plan was 4 seasons a year
    Ought to be 3 tbh :|

Screw open beta. They should have made pre-orders have EARLY ACCESS! As far as beta testing its pretty much garbage anyhow. People rarely report much they just want to play the game early and get a feel for things. Instead Blizzard should be like Square-Enix in the sense that they pay for actual testers and just release games when they are ready and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Faeldan_US View Post
    Didnt they give diablo III game away for free if you had done a 6 month sub time on WoW years ago?
    Not exactly. MoP was on farm at the time and WoD was still a ways off, people were talking about switching to D3 completely when it was released, which would have been a few months later at the time. Blizz responded with the Annual Pass. Basically a 12 month WoW resub at the six month cost, came with a mount and a standard copy of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    D3 speed, lmao. D3 is like ret paladin compared to PoE, which is the speed the game should be at - and probably will be, considering you barely even have an ultimate by the end of beta let alone a full build and gear.

Presentation is absolute top notch, but the scaling is off. I can barely do any bosses at level 20 and completely faceroll them when i invite a friend who's level 9.

Not a friend of the whole scaling thing, part of diablo was always grinding to outgear an encounter eventually. This is now pointless, if you level up, you get weaker instead of stronger.

Got diconnected, then told that my account is logged and cannot rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Screw open beta. They should have made pre-orders have EARLY ACCESS! As far as beta testing its pretty much garbage anyhow. People rarely report much they just want to play the game early and get a feel for things.

I don't know if you are aware, but you get to keep the progress you make in the Beta toward the release, meaning you can level every class up to 25. For a head start, that's not bad at all.

In general, I don't understand the whole "have to pay to play Beta" mindset. The Beta access you get for preordering is a bonus. Preordering has been around since bread came sliced, and you used to get nothing out of it, other than waiting for the game to get released. If you want to pay later, then pay later, preorder is for people who want to make sure their money is already put aside for that thing alone, and they will have the game as soon as it releases.

And let's not even talk about all the Kickstarter shit indie projects that never even get released, and the founders just run away with your money and laugh at your faces for it. Just grow up at this point, really, if preorders bother you (mostly because it's Blizzard, I presume) then you're gonna have a tough time in the real world.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2023-03-18 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Is it just me, or is it a bit cringey that the beta test, which in essence is just free labour to iron out kinks in the game, is being published as if it is a global release?

I feel insane when I talk to my friends, and they are all hyped about this... I just don't get the appeal of Beta testing, and it is a stroke of marketing genius that game developers have made their customers feel like they are fortunate that the developers ALLOW us to beta test.
    This is not beta. They wont touch 90% of issues mentioned. This is hype generating machine. And maybe stres test, but you can make those internally also. Proper alfas and betas are internal because public is dumb as rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Screw open beta. They should have made pre-orders have EARLY ACCESS! As far as beta testing its pretty much garbage anyhow. People rarely report much they just want to play the game early and get a feel for things. Instead Blizzard should be like Square-Enix in the sense that they pay for actual testers and just release games when they are ready and working.
    But why? They dont want good product, they want hype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    But you don't need to preorder? Just grab a 3$ sandwich from KFC. wowee, what a money making play, a 3$ sandwich? wowowowowow
    Hype = money.