Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    I don't know if you are aware, but you get to keep the progress you make in the Beta toward the release, meaning you can level every class up to 25. For a head start, that's not bad at all.

In general, I don't understand the whole "have to pay to play Beta" mindset. The Beta access you get for preordering is a bonus. Preordering has been around since bread came sliced, and you used to get nothing out of it, other than waiting for the game to get released. If you want to pay later, then pay later, preorder is for people who want to make sure their money is already put aside for that thing alone, and they will have the game as soon as it releases.

And let's not even talk about all the Kickstarter shit indie projects that never even get released, and the founders just run away with your money and laugh at your faces for it. Just grow up at this point, really, if preorders bother you (mostly because it's Blizzard, I presume) then you're gonna have a tough time in the real world.
    You're literally incapable of reading and have 0 common sense. You keep progress from the early access beta to the open beta. Nothing from the beta carries over to the release of the game.
    You get some titles and a cosmetic if you reach certain levels in the beta. These are the only things you will get on live, no chars and no progress.
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-03-18 at 12:35 PM.

I don't know if you are aware, but you get to keep the progress you make in the Beta toward the release, meaning you can level every class up to 25. For a head start, that's not bad at all.

In general, I don't understand the whole "have to pay to play Beta" mindset. The Beta access you get for preordering is a bonus. Preordering has been around since bread came sliced, and you used to get nothing out of it, other than waiting for the game to get released. If you want to pay later, then pay later, preorder is for people who want to make sure their money is already put aside for that thing alone, and they will have the game as soon as it releases.

And let's not even talk about all the Kickstarter shit indie projects that never even get released, and the founders just run away with your money and laugh at your faces for it. Just grow up at this point, really, if preorders bother you (mostly because it's Blizzard, I presume) then you're gonna have a tough time in the real world.
    Lets be real here. Preodering got nothing else to do with gaming company cashing in on the pre-hype before launch. Big IPs like Diablo will rake in the big bucks, cause the IP is strong and Blizzard dont release new Diablo game every other year. With these insane prices too, they will rake in the big bugs even before the game is out, and most importantly - the quality of the game doesnt matter all that much. Hype is driving it, hype that doesnt merit on the quality of the game, but the dream of it being a good game.

I used to be a sucker for preordering games. Im done with it, to many times i've burned myself when the games finally launched and one find out it wasnt even worth half the price.

Probably something Blizzard realised too, so they attach several other perks to preordering so people keeps on preordering.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Lets be real here. Preodering got nothing else to do with gaming company cashing in on the pre-hype before launch. Big IPs like Diablo will rake in the big bucks, cause the IP is strong and Blizzard dont release new Diablo game every other year. With these insane prices too, they will rake in the big bugs even before the game is out, and most importantly - the quality of the game doesnt matter all that much. Hype is driving it, hype that doesnt merit on the quality of the game, but the dream of it being a good game.

I used to be a sucker for preordering games. Im done with it, to many times i've burned myself when the games finally launched and one find out it wasnt even worth half the price.

Probably something Blizzard realised too, so they attach several other perks to preordering so people keeps on preordering.
    That's completely true, but you can just wait, if you doubt the game will be something you enjoy.

Every company does preorders for many years now, small and big. Indy companies make you pay for beta-testing their games for months and dub it "Early Access" in a stroke of genius to make people think they're actually being part of some made-up "in crowd" that makes them more valuable or something. "Hey I put money on this before most people, see how smart I am? I am founding father!". It's absurd that people can fall for that cheap ego-stroke commercial trick and still come here to whine about a Diablo preorder. There is a commercial side to game-making, people want to be recognized for their works, and get rich out of them, but there's nothing wrong with that. I also want the same out of my profession.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2023-03-18 at 01:47 PM.

Haha, i really wanted to see what mmo-champion had to say.

You never disappoint guys, its insane how delusional and disconnected some of you are, cant even tell apart the different between pre-order early access open beta and free open beta, common sense has left this world long ago.

Chop chop, i need quality 10.2 raiding to be out by January 2024, get buying things and pretending on here you havent.

That's completely true, but you can just wait, if you doubt the game will be something you enjoy.

Every company does preorders for many years now, small and big. Indy companies make you pay for beta-testing their games for months and dub it "Early Access" in a stroke of genius to make people think they're actually being part of some made-up "in crowd" that makes them more valuable or something. "Hey I put money on this before most people, see how smart I am? I am founding father!". It's absurd that people can fall for that cheap ego-stroke commercial trick and still come here to whine about a Diablo preorder. There is a commercial side to game-making, people want to be recognized for their works, and get rich out of them, but there's nothing wrong with that. I also want the same out of my profession.
    Sure, I get why game companies does it. Its obvious too. If they do preoders (with perks), they get much more money than if they dont do it. To exploit the excitement and hype for a game that very few actually knows is good or not, is a great move by the publisher because when we get to the point were most people actually deem the game good or bad, it doesnt really matter anymore. The money has been earned and the job is done.

I'll most likely get the game, but I wont buy it before its actually out. I'll sit on it a bit, see how it pans out. Its not like we are getting a Diablo 5 anytime soon, so theres plenty of time lol. BEsides, first couple of days will be total chaos (dc errors, queue, ++) and I cant be bothered with that.

I have played the Diablo games, but never been a hardcore player. Not even close. So right now, the pricetag seems a bit steep for a game I know very little about (replayability, basic quality of game and more). But when I look back at D3 and ask myself - was that game worth 70+ euros? Most def a big NO. Goes for many big IP games last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You're literally incapable of reading and have 0 common sense. You keep progress from the early access beta to the open beta. Nothing from the beta carries over to the release of the game.
    You get some titles and a cosmetic if you reach certain levels in the beta. These are the only things you will get on live, no chars and no progress.
    I won't say that you are incapable of reading and have 0 common sense, because I would be a massive moron if I did that without knowing you at all other than some random post without context in the internet. I have to point out, however, that you lack the context of the thread from where that comment came, in which people said it's not an open beta because you have to pay to get cosmetic perks from playing in the Beta. The thing is, what you get access to through preordering is the Early Access of the Open Beta, in which you can work towards the rewards, or attain them fully before the floodgates are open next weekend, and it will be nearly impossible to log on at all, I'm guessing.

Whether that's valuable to you or not, that's something else, but if you want the pets and cosmetic bonuses, being in the preorder Beta will make it much easier as you get to keep your progress, and for someone who's going to buy the game anyway there's nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Got diconnected, then told that my account is logged and cannot rejoin.
    i havent even managed to log in since yesterday
    3h queue in evening, i said screw this ill try in the morning, and since morning i get error after the short queue... god knows how will OPEN beta look like

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, what you get access to through preordering is the Early Access of the Open Beta, in which you can work towards the rewards, or attain them fully before the floodgates are open next weekend, and it will be nearly impossible to log on at all, I'm guessing.
    So it is currently a closed beta because access is by invitation only (pre-order, KFC promotion, or otherwise obtained invite). Open and Closed beta refer to invite only or open to all. It doesn't matter if there is no data wipe between two betas as open and closed is about access and not content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So it is currently a closed beta because access is by invitation only (pre-order, KFC promotion, or otherwise obtained invite). Open and Closed beta refer to invite only or open to all. It doesn't matter if there is no data wipe between two betas as open and closed is about access and not content.
    I'm not going to argue you there. I think it's stupid of Blizzard to call it an "Early Access" of an Open Beta release. It's the first time I hear anything like that.

Early Access is a bane. The more this game sells in this phase the less they are going to polish it up. They're going to feel it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Bro your grammar's pretty impeccable so that "raking in the big bugs" has me especially weak xD

Early access and beta, ESPECIALLY when it comes to triple A studios is all PR and advertising. It has little to nothing to do with actual testing as the many prior Blizzard PTRs and beta have clearly demonstrated with major game breaking bugs reported and numerous occasions making it to the live title time and time again.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Bro your grammar's pretty impeccable so that "raking in the big bugs" has me especially weak xD

Early access and beta, ESPECIALLY when it comes to triple A studios is all PR and advertising. It has little to nothing to do with actual testing as the many prior Blizzard PTRs and beta have clearly demonstrated with major game breaking bugs reported and numerous occasions making it to the live title time and time again.
    lol, mistakes do happen! xD

Yeah, you are spot on. Its about everything else besides testing. Keep up the momentum & hype towards launch. Shitshow commences when they game actually launches but by that point the sales been done!

Everything about this quote is false. Progress in the beta will NOT be saved for release.

A quick Google search will confirm...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And how frequently are they going to bring out seasons, every 3 months?
    I was talking about gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Everything about this quote is false. Progress in the beta will NOT be saved for release.

A quick Google search will confirm...
    I already explained that I meant that you keep your progress in the preorder beta towards the actual Open Beta release so that you can attain the pet and cosmetic rewards, which do carry over to the final 1.0 release. I can see how it can be misleading, it needs context from the previous posts in the thread, but I hope that explains it better.

If you don't care about having extra pets or cosmetics, then it doesn't matter at all, but a lot of people care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Early Access is a bane. The more this game sells in this phase the less they are going to polish it up. They're going to feel it's ready.
    It is early access to the open beta. It isn't an early access release of the game. The bane here is people that complain about something without even understanding it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is early access to the open beta. It isn't an early access release of the game. The bane here is people that complain about something without even understanding it.
    There is early access to the game though that doesn't exist in base version, up to 4 days before launch. That is valid thing to complain about.

I play Diablo solo, but if it would happen in WoW I would be really pissed, imagine enouraging your friend to play with you, but "btw give them 20$ more or I will be days ahead of you".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There is early access to the game though that doesn't exist in base version, up to 4 days before launch. That is valid thing to complain about.
    Not in a thread about early access beta though. It is like those who don't like the game only read keywords then make whatever up to justify hating off of those keywords. Days ahead ultimately won't matter much. Even without a head start that can still happen based on how often you play compared to your friends, right? In WoW it wouldn't even matter since Blizzard delays the start of the end game to even the playing field between those who rush and those who do not. At most you miss out on a reset or the early bugs.

In the case of Diablo 4 you won't miss out much and if you plan to buy the battle pass there is no reason to avoid paying the extra money for early access as it includes the battle pass. All you are doing is saying you have a fear of missing out. That is your fear. Don't blame the game.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-03-18 at 08:49 PM.

I won't say that you are incapable of reading and have 0 common sense, because I would be a massive moron if I did that without knowing you at all other than some random post without context in the internet. I have to point out, however, that you lack the context of the thread from where that comment came, in which people said it's not an open beta because you have to pay to get cosmetic perks from playing in the Beta. The thing is, what you get access to through preordering is the Early Access of the Open Beta, in which you can work towards the rewards, or attain them fully before the floodgates are open next weekend, and it will be nearly impossible to log on at all, I'm guessing.

Whether that's valuable to you or not, that's something else, but if you want the pets and cosmetic bonuses, being in the preorder Beta will make it much easier as you get to keep your progress, and for someone who's going to buy the game anyway there's nothing to lose.
    Are you dumb? You were encouraging people to level all classes to level 25 on the premises they will be able to continue them when the game launches and have an advantage for doing so. That is a false statement and I directly tell call you a moron for handing out misinformation.
    The ethics and whatnot behind paid beta access have nothing to do with this. But it's not cool to feed people false information.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Are you dumb? You were encouraging people to level all classes to level 25 on the premises they will be able to continue them when the game launches and have an advantage for doing so. That is a false statement and I directly tell call you a moron for handing out misinformation.
    The ethics and whatnot behind paid beta access have nothing to do with this. But it's not cool to feed people false information.
    I won't call you dumb because I would be a massive worthless moron if I did so based on some internet post without knowing anything about you.

Instead, I'll help you.

Google "reading comprehension".

Read it.

Then read it again, this time slowly.

Then google "context".

Read it, and take some time to process.

Then go to the start of the thread, and read every post, including the ones before the post you quoted, and the ones after.

See the light!

There you go, you just leveled up your life, in a few easy steps.

The sons and daughters you will never have will thank you for it.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2023-03-19 at 03:26 AM.