7+ Year Old Account

Mage Tower Arms Warrior

Hi guys

I'm trying to do the Xylem encounter now in Dragonflight, did him back in Legion so I know the fight well, I'm just having a lot of issues with phase 2 against the Corrupted Shadow. I just can't get it below 50% before the whole are is filled with void, even if I carefully shimmy along the edge as you were supposed to back then.

I'm using Crafted Dreadful Gladiator gear with strength gems as per Wowhead's guide from Shadowlands:
    https://www.wowhead.com/guide/best-g...ing-strategies
    https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classe...archmage-xylem
    My gear consists of Prydaz, Insignia, Ravaged Seed Pod and Ghost Iron Dragonling. Also got Windscar Whetstone but didn't find it very effective dps-wise.
    My weapon is a Primal Infused Drakebreaker's Greatsword. Haven't gotten around to getting anything better.
    I am considering finding something low level to slap Crusader on.
    I use consumables like drums, pots, phials, food and runes as per the guides instruction above.

I also noticed that the Corrupted Shadow uses an ability that isn't listed anywhere on Wowhead. Called Horrific or Horrible something, I sadly don't remember as it pops up and is gone pretty fast. It is possible to interrupt it however it seems.

Anyone here have tried this fight in Dragonflight and can give some tips or even confirm it's possible?
    It just feels like its health pool is much larger this time around or the void spreads faster.

In the last phase get the pool dropped into the direct center of the area and then move to the edges. run away when it casts and kill the adds before they get to the boss.

I'm not familiar with the DF version but didn't Blizzard do some Ilvl changes to low level gear in DF that changed the ilvl base of the Mage tower and effectively obsoleted all Shadowlands Mage Tower sets? I might be wrong if you've acquired the items during DF, but I wouldn't rely on the Shadowlands gearing guide personally.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm not familiar with the DF version but didn't Blizzard do some Ilvl changes to low level gear in DF that changed the ilvl base of the Mage tower and effectively obsoleted all Shadowlands Mage Tower sets? I might be wrong if you've acquired the items during DF, but I wouldn't rely on the Shadowlands gearing guide personally.
    After finally achieving it today I can sort of confirm this. Just having good Dragonflight gear was enough to greatly boost my DPS and with the correct placement of the boss in the last phase I finally got it down.

Crafted Dreadful Gladiator is not good anymore, they are now poorly scaled down. There is a sheet with top gear, but it is hard to get. Personally I just buy for auction any 120+ ilvl gear with sokets, usually bfa greens os skyless from DF. And haste or crit stat gems. They are like 20times cheaper.

ya just a tight dps and mechanics check at the end, glad u got it done

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were just after the armor set my tip wouldve been just do the fury one its 1000% easier.

But gj getting it done!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru