Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up What would it take to beat the game for you?

I know most of you would say it will never be finished and it's a perpetual road towards playing more but I wonder what would it mean to some of you that you have beaten or almost beaten the game if only temporarily.

• Is it when you've beaten the hardest boss of the hardest raid in the game better than anyone else of if you've achieved the best score on pvp?
    • Is it if you've got all the achievement points that exist in the game?
    • Is it after you've completed everything even on easy mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I know most of you would say it will never be finished and it's a perpetual road towards playing more but I wonder what would it mean to some of you that you have beaten or almost beaten the game if only temporarily.

• Is it when you've beaten the hardest boss of the hardest raid in the game better than anyone else of if you've achieved the best score on pvp?
    Beating the game is so different to everyone. For me, no one truly beats the game until they have all achievement points that are able to be collected. While for others, them "beating" the game would maybe be killing Mythic End boss of a tier until next one, or reaching a clearing rating of M+ or PvP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Beating the game? I play ultimately for the rpg experience.
    I've done the hardest bosses in their time, didn't make it any different.
    Never did get gladiator since my performance varies wildly and likely always will, but always did do pretty well in pvp and enjoyed it greatly.

So none of those things? You just catch up to the story and play for fun, "beating the game" by being satisfied with what you are doing.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

All achievements
    All mounts
    All appareances
    All pets in 3, each of them at level 25
    All toys

Please send help
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    All achievements
    All mounts
    All appareances
    All pets in 3, each of them at level 25
    All toys

Please send help
    "All pets in 3, each of them at level 25" seems excessive. there's not even an achievement for that. then again the list in total is probably excessive.

- - - Updated - - -

then again, it's probably easier to do that, than certain single mounts.

Hitting 3400 RIO this season, but considering I've gotten like 5 pts this week 3322 to 3327 it seems increasingly unlikely

Nothing. I'll stop playing when it stops being entertaining.

For me, beating the game would only be temporary and would reset every tier or expansion. But it would be clearing the Mythic raid with MY raid group, i.e. not purchasing or only finishing the end boss or something like that.

My raid group normally progresses part way into mythic, so we'll never beat the game unless we change how we approach raiding. My minimum level of achievement is AOTC for each tier, which is nice but doesn't feel like beating the game.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Each tier, my definition is that I killed the last boss on Heroic and did the story quests.
    That's when I usually swap between raidlogging and taking time away, then when next tier rolls around, I'm fresh(ish) and ready to go.
    Ilvl, achievements, rep, professions, it's all something to do as I get there, but they aren't make or break for me.

For me as super casual:
    - playing all story related content
    - getting a gear where getting more gear would hit diminishing returns. Ie.: I'm interested in a few ilvl upgrade, especially when most likely the current gear is enough for next patch's LFR queue

Then I linger a bit if I have some mount / transmog which I still want to achieve or if I enjoy the current gameplay loop. But leave if something more interesting comes.

since they removed too much stuff the game itself is incomplete, so i stopped caring about trying to complete it.

this is one of the questions i ask my friends daily: How did you beat WoW today?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've beat it several times now, because to me beating the game means sitting out a year. Some are busier than others, don't let anyone tell you how to play or live your life.

Achievements are the little pieces of cheese spread on a trap.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

when everything I want to experience from the game is done

the best thing about WoW for me, is that it can't be "beat"

especially when it comes to PvP

Horde

I have played WOW since day 1. I played a main and 2 alts till Cataclysm hit and I was totally bored with the game. Since cataclysm, I levelled and have 26 alts. 13 horde all on one server, 13 alliance all on one server. 1 of each class. When I get them to max level and a "good item level" on each, i am done till the pre-patch. A good gear level means whatever gear I can get without having to join a raid or do high mythic's. Then I gear all 26 in the pre-patch and get ready for next xpac. I farm gold and transmogs etc till pre-patch and basically done with levelling and gearing within the first 6-9 months of release.
    Last edited by Quakecanada; 2023-03-21 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakecanada View Post
    I have 26 alts. 13 horde all on one server, 13 alliance all on one server. 1 of each spec. When I get them to max level and a good item level on each, i am done till the prepatch. Then I gear all 26 in the pre patch and get ready for next xpac. I usually take my main and do all the storylines and raids etc.
    You mean one of each class? There's 38 specs now.

Yes, Thank You, 26 classes. 24 till this xpac

The biggest pain in the azz is that Blizzard keeps trying to make me play with others in which i do not want to do. I did that for many years. I am a warlord, I did raids in classic, BC, wotlk with big guilds. I am done with that. I just want to log on when my family is doing their own things and just gear and do my stuff without timers and guilds and people. Leave me alone Blizzard....let me play my game lol. Please bring back legion world quests and group finder for old guys like me that just want to do simple things to get my marginal gear.
    Last edited by Quakecanada; 2023-03-21 at 07:06 PM.

If I win every arena match on every class without ever having to think, I might just have beat the game.

Completing content, that is alt-friendly enough to complete it on all classes.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.