Page 1 of 3
LastLast

An'Shuul the Cosmic Wanderer

What do you think An'shuul is?

Some Void deity? The Void Lord? Alien Old God?

I've talked about this before, but the tl;dr is that I think An'shuul is the embodiment of the opportunity cost of An'she existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sounds like you're using the Void to redirect a stray comet to land on your enemies.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sounds like a comet. Fits the "Wanderer" part.

Redirecting a space object to land directly on your target is some real Final Fantasy bullshit lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sounds like you're using the Void to redirect a stray comet to land on your enemies.
    That's actually probably more likely. I do wonder why it's named so similarly to An'she, however—perhaps it was first observed and named by the Tauren?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's actually probably more likely. I do wonder why it's named so similarly to An'she, however—perhaps it was first observed and named by the Tauren?
    I would assume so. The ancient tauren seem to have a thing for astronomy, and An'Shuul definitely sounds Taur-ahe in nature. Another possibility is that An'Shuul is a word in Shath'Yar, connecting it to the Old Gods and thus the Void. Unfortunately, neither in-game language is really a strict relex, so who knows what the actual translation might be.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would assume so. The ancient tauren seem to have a thing for astronomy, and An'Shuul definitely sounds Taur-ahe in nature. Another possibility is that An'Shuul is a word in Shath'Yar, connecting it to the Old Gods and thus the Void.
    If it is related to the Void and the Void isn't just employed to redirect a comet, then see my prior opportunity cost comment. However, I'm pretty sure you're right that it's probably just a comet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like maybe a "sibling" of An'she that was part of tauren astronomical folklore. Like a comet that crosses the sky and passes near An'she.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Sounds like maybe a "sibling" of An'she that was part of tauren astronomical folklore. Like a comet that crosses the sky and passes near An'she.
    well, Mu'sha is already his sibling. another one?
    imo, the name of the item suggests that it is the link between the slumbering An'she and the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Well from the name, Id say its the other way around. It was sent TO the void. Not coming from the void. Hence, Envoy TO the Empty.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    well, Mu'sha is already his sibling. another one?
    imo, the name of the item suggests that it is the link between the slumbering An'she and the Void.
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Well from the name, Id say its the other way around. It was sent TO the void. Not coming from the void. Hence, Envoy TO the Empty.
    Oh, you know, that could make sense. Maybe An'she or Mu'sha sent a servant as a sort of liaison between themselves and the Void?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a humongous asteroid/meteor of Void energy that will be used to “Deep Impact” the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Oh, you know, that could make sense. Maybe An'she or Mu'sha sent a servant as a sort of liaison between themselves and the Void?
    could be a part of itself, or just a full reflection, like Saraka is to Saa'ra.
    forces intermingling with each other is fairly normal - Sargeras, WQ, i guess Elune counts as well.

the question is the terms of their deal and the reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    could be a part of itself, or just a full reflection, like Saraka is to Saa'ra.
    forces intermingling with each other is fairly normal - Sargeras, WQ, i guess Elune counts as well.

the question is the terms of their deal and the reason for it.
    re: the reflection thing, that's what I was suggesting first time around. I think it would be kind of interesting to see if other things than just Naaru have counterparts in the Void—though it is also true that An'she in specific seems like it may be a Light entity, so it would be especially sensible for it to potentially have a shadow.

As for the idea of An'she reaching out to the Void, I'm not sure what that would mean. We know some Naaru are surprisingly tolerant of the Void insofar as it maintains the balance of the universe (see: A'dal).

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

What do you think An'shuul is?

It feels like a magic comet or something like that.

it does cosmic damage so I don't think it has something to do with the void, the "empty" is the emptiness of space so it's probably a comet, and just to theorize maybe a comet that Azeroth or Elune sent and made first contact with the titans and told them about Azeroth

What is it with all these new damage types. What is even the point of spell typing damage if none of it matters? So, what is Cosmic damage now? We already had Astral damage, Arcane damage, Solar damage.

What does any of it mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Redirecting a space object to land directly on your target is some real Final Fantasy bullshit lmao
    I think The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress predates Final Fantasy by about twenty years

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    What is it with all these new damage types. What is even the point of spell typing damage if none of it matters? So, what is Cosmic damage now? We already had Astral damage, Arcane damage, Solar damage.

What does any of it mean lol
    They are different combinations of all the spell schools. Most of them are just combinations of two different schools like Astral (Nature + Arcane magic). But Cosmic is 4 spell schools and Chaos is every spell school + physical damage.

For PvE its mostly just a flavor thing. Although it can have some interactions with other items. In PvP multi-school spells calculate damage based on the target's lowest resistances. So it basically invalidates any racial resistances.