Heritage Armor Questlines

It just comes to show how much better racial questlines are than some random, unknown people we've just met because of the connection we have to the races we play.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

It just comes to show how much better racial questlines are than some random, unknown people we've just met because of the connection we have to the races we play.

What do you guys think?
    I'm... honestly not sure what you mean there?

But yeah, it's nice to see a lot of returning characters and new plots seeded in the Orc quest chain. I'm especially interested in Jorin Deadeye chatting with Ritssyn, hope he can fix up Ariok too. I'm curious what they'll do for a few of the clans that seem content to die out but pass on their knowledge, like Lantressor saying he didn't want to continue the burning blade but was chatting up his warlock relatives. And... I'm hoping Eitrigg and Thura reign in the Dark Horde blackrocks, since otherwise the Blackrocks in EK will get krumped by the Alliance since the Dark Irons have backing from Ironforge and Stormwind now.

Human one... was an okay story quest for Vanessa and Shaw, but we didn't really learn anything new about Stormwind's culture or heritage as a nation. It was more of a "Defias" heritage quest... and it ended with the Defias essentially robbed of all their most interesting elements offscreen by Anduin's reforms. We don't really even know much about the Clessington noble family beyond that they've fallen on hard times and had shady business practices.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'm... honestly not sure what you mean there?

But yeah, it's nice to see a lot of returning characters and new plots seeded in the Orc quest chain. I'm especially interested in Jorin Deadeye chatting with Ritssyn, hope he can fix up Ariok too. I'm curious what they'll do for a few of the clans that seem content to die out but pass on their knowledge, like Lantressor saying he didn't want to continue the burning blade but was chatting up his warlock relatives. And... I'm hoping Eitrigg and Thura reign in the Dark Horde blackrocks, since otherwise the Blackrocks in EK will get krumped by the Alliance since the Dark Irons have backing from Ironforge and Stormwind now.

Human one... was an okay story quest for Vanessa and Shaw, but we didn't really learn anything new about Stormwind's culture or heritage as a nation. It was more of a "Defias" heritage quest... and it ended with the Defias essentially robbed of all their most interesting elements offscreen by Anduin's reforms. We don't really even know much about the Clessington noble family beyond that they've fallen on hard times and had shady business practices.
    I liked the use of Onyxia's amulet influencing the greed of people. Like, the OG dragons not what we have now in Dragonflight.

I liked the use of Onyxia's amulet influencing the greed of people. Like, the OG dragons not what we have now in Dragonflight.
    Again, not clear what you mean here by "OG dragons" unless you mean other settings, WoW dragons have always been largely 'benign' with the main problem being that they're incompetent at their assigned titan jobs.
    Twas brillig

Again, not clear what you mean here by "OG dragons" unless you mean other settings, WoW dragons have always been largely 'benign' with the main problem being that they're incompetent at their assigned titan jobs.
    You know, classic portrayals. True to the nature of the creature. Lady prestor being an obvious human and not one with portruding horns and colorful hair that would give her identity away.

You know, classic portrayals. True to the nature of the creature. Lady prestor being an obvious human and not one with portruding horns and colorful hair that would give her identity away.
    Well the other aspects visages aren't meant for infiltration so... I'm not getting your point.

EDIT: On the vastly more interesting subject of the Orc Heritage quests, I'm curious what they'll do with the Dragonmaw, whether or not they'll have something else to do in DF.
    Twas brillig

Well the other aspects visages aren't meant for infiltration so... I'm not getting your point.
    And that's quite boring, if you ask me.

EDIT: On the vastly more interesting subject of the Orc Heritage quests, I'm curious what they'll do with the Dragonmaw, whether or not they'll have something else to do in DF.
    They should have had a bigger role in DF, alongside the Vrykul.

They should have had a bigger role in DF, alongside the Vrykul.
    With any luck they might still.

There have been signs of Odyn showing up since he's been mentioned by a bunch of the Vrykul/kvaldir rares, it'd be interesting to see Dragonmaw fight to protect dragons from Dragon-hunting Vrykul.
    Twas brillig

With any luck they might still.

There have been signs of Odyn showing up since he's been mentioned by a bunch of the Vrykul/kvaldir rares, it'd be interesting to see Dragonmaw fight to protect dragons from Dragon-hunting Vrykul.
    Actually, i would like to see a rivalry between the Dragonmaw and the Vrykul as to who is the best Dragon tamers and riders.

Actually, i would like to see a rivalry between the Dragonmaw and the Vrykul as to who is the best Dragon tamers and riders.
    Dragonmaw are ashamed of their role in dragon enslaving so dont hold your breath.

- - - Updated - - -

It is acknowledged in the game, in Drachtyr visage quest. They are not true dragons so their humanish form is imperfect. Thats why they dont look like copy of other races.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think?
    I got the same "moving forward" vibes from both storylines. It was great using racial in the last fight for humans and great touch to choose for our orc a clan.

Orc heritage quest was fantastic. They pretty much delivered on exactly what Orc players were asking for.

The Human one was okay. I found it bizarre that they've said their new approach was to open up the background of races for player expression yet they made this story so focused only on Stormwind. Other than that it was cool to see the Defias again. I could of done without rehashing Onyxia. I think it overall would of been more interesting to add some conflict and introduce a host of nobles all vying for power while Anduin is away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Dragonmaw are ashamed of their role in dragon enslaving so dont hold your breath.
    Now that's something that pretty much ruins their character. Now what? They're gonna apologize for riding their beasts? Taming a beast is almost never gentle, especially if you're an Orc. They need to stop castrating them.

It is acknowledged in the game, in Drachtyr visage quest. They are not true dragons so their humanish form is imperfect. Thats why they dont look like copy of other races.
    No. They look like they do to cater to modern audiences. No humanoid form is that colorful in a fantasy medievalish setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The Human one was okay. I found it bizarre that they've said their new approach was to open up the background of races for player expression yet they made this story so focused only on Stormwind. Other than that it was cool to see the Defias again. I could of done without rehashing Onyxia. I think it overall would of been more interesting to add some conflict and introduce a host of nobles all vying for power while Anduin is away.
    Probably because the Orc clans were underepresented in green Orcs, while the different Humans are seperated by race: Stormwind, Gilneas, Kul Tiran.

Now that's something that pretty much ruins their character. Now what? They're gonna apologize for riding their beasts? Taming a beast is almost never gentle, especially if you're an Orc. They need to stop castrating them.
    The Dragons are inteligent being, there is no taming, this is slavery.

And Dragonmaw is a clan of orc riding beasts still, like wyverns.

- - - Updated - - -

No. They look like they do to cater to modern audiences. No humanoid form is that colorful in a fantasy medievalish setting.
    Thats your opinion vs explanation in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Orc heritage quest was fantastic. They pretty much delivered on exactly what Orc players were asking for.
    Exactly. Orcs deserved some love, rebuilding and bringing in some new big names after being hit with the villain bat for too long and losing all their heroes.

I love that they brought back clan identity as well. That opens up lots of possibilities for storylines, as in future conflicts there could be some disagreements between them as well. I'm expecting a lot from Jorin Deadeye and him bringing the Bleeding Hollow from Outland to Durotar. Could this be connected to Durotar regrowing a forest as well? Could get some Tanaan Jungle vibes from that. Orcs could have a cool new starting zone. The Dragonmaw and Blackrock could also get a revival and redemption, and to some extent also Warsong. The Shattered Hand seems to more Orc centric as well after being a loose multiple race faction.
    And I wouldn't mind to see the Shadowmoon getting some love as well, I know it's just one character that showed up but I hope it grows into more in the future.

So yeah, lots of cool possibilities in the near future. Orcs finally getting some love. Excited to see the development going forward. Just the fact that Orcs finally got taken out of the villain role is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    The Dragons are inteligent being, there is no taming, this is slavery.

And Dragonmaw is a clan of orc riding beasts still, like wyverns.
    I prefer to see them as feral beings. Especially the ones used for riding. The aspects should be the intelligent ones.

Thats your opinion vs explanation in game.
    You don't need to be a genius to see that.

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me, too.

I agree. Advancing the story of wow's races feels much nicer than constantly adding new characters and leaving established characters to rot in obscurity.

Your wow character's race/ class are generally the two biggest defining features. You make a new character, play through a zone made for it, establishing the history of said race, their struggles etc. Then you leave and it's largely ignored.

I'm not saying never add new stuff but the characters that are there are what makes Warcraft Warcraft.

I prefer to see them as feral beings. Especially the ones used for riding. The aspects should be the intelligent ones.

You don't need to be a genius to see that.
    That's all is your headcanon. In game dragons are inteligent. In game drachtyrs have imperfect visage form.

Probably because the Orc clans were underepresented in green Orcs, while the different Humans are seperated by race: Stormwind, Gilneas, Kul Tiran.
    1. Well dragons aren't beasts, They're sapient. I'd argue it's more mature for Gorfax to acknowledge what they were doing before hasn't worked and be willing to change.

2. Eh, the brown/grey color drained fantasy look is more skyrim and witcher than WoW, it's been pretty vibrant and cartoony since WC3.

3. Even then it ended up more like a defias heritage quest than a Stormwind one.
    Twas brillig