Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, this guy have no idea what Diablo is about. EVERYTHING up until max level is just bullcrap that you should breeze through asap as the game starts at max level and max torment difficulty, everything before that is just the prologue. If you enjoy the story while leveling, it's a bonus, but Diablo is not about that. It's a game where you (at endgame with max difficulty) start the gear grind to try to push yourself to complete harder and harder rifts/dungeons/whatever.

Bitching about Diablo pre endgame/max torment is like saying; WoW sucked so much in Elwynn Forest that you quit playing it.

I'm not having all the issues with the game that OP is, but from what I've played in the beta thus far, I do find the game a bit long in the tooth.

I just don't think an open world, essentially "world of Diablo" my cup of tea.

Frankly find D2R more enjoyable at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    snip

That is a really well made post, thank you for writing for me how I feel about the game ahah

Also, like OP, I don't understand why we can't choose a higher difficulty right from the start (i didn't even try the 1st difficulty, i can't imagine how lame it must be). No sense of danger, feels like i'm already a god at level 1, it's weird, almost annoying.

While i will still play the game, i have to say i'm disappointed in some regards, for sure.

Some really dumb people posting here. Skills are not balanced to their FINAL VERSIONS. XP and damage is set in a way for TESTING. Get that through your skulls. I can't imagine judging a TECHNICAL beta as if it were a demo....they are NOT the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    That is a really well made post, thank you for writing for me how I feel about the game ahah

Also, like OP, I don't understand why we can't choose a higher difficulty right from the start (i didn't even try the 1st difficulty, i can't imagine how lame it must be). No sense of danger, feels like i'm already a god at level 1, it's weird, almost annoying.
    Yeah, and a stark contrast towards the opening cutscene. You're alone, weak in the snow with dangers all around you. Hunted, in need of shelter, etc. Then the cutscene ends and you annihilate enemies just by looking in their direction. You were strong in the earlier games as well, but they had vastly different introductions that were more about the state of Sanctuary than they were about the hero. It's just such jarring storytelling.

The challenge in Diablo games comes in endgame. Main campaign has never been hard. It’s easy so that everyone can complete it and for the people that want a challenge they can go into greater rifts etc in endgame. Anyone who isn’t new to Diablo knows this. Pointless “review”

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    Some really dumb people posting here. Skills are not balanced to their FINAL VERSIONS. XP and damage is set in a way for TESTING. Get that through your skulls. I can't imagine judging a TECHNICAL beta as if it were a demo....they are NOT the same thing...
    Testing?

Really?

This is blizz we're talking about, which means this so called "BETA" is actually a preview, and what your seeing is the game.

In the weeks/months/years to come there will be tweaks and such like any other game, but what your seeing right now, is what your gonna get.

If you don't like it now, your not going to like it later.

There is simply no way you can judge diablo 4 on the beta. You can judge the beta and call that really bad, which it was to a degree, but not the game. You saw litteraly the start of the game, the first few hours. Nothing more. You only had 1 act, a few skills and a few legendaries. You have no way of telling how the game will be 50+ when you start unlocking higher difficulties and paragons etc. Thats like saying diablo 3 endgame was bad by just doing the story mode and not setting into rifts, grifts etc

Disagree. I also think no one can say this until we see the full game/systems.

i don't think d4 is bad, it's just too slow for me. i'll probably wait around a year for when the leveling speed is increased and it isn't as much of the grind. hack and slash games or mostly about the gear grind and i'd rather not spend upwards of 10 hours to finish leveling one character on a game like this. granted, i'll totally spend that kind of time leveling if i find the early game fun enough (while buggy as heck at launch, wolcen is an example for me) but d4 isn't there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    The job at the start of a game is to get me hooked but so far its not doing a very good job.
    This was a problem for me as well. I got hooked early with Diablo 3, but not so much with D2, and D4 just felt boring to me out of the gate. I may give it another try at some point, but for now D3 still feels more fun than what they've done with D4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    You have no way of telling how the game will be 50+ when you start unlocking higher difficulties and paragons etc. Thats like saying diablo 3 endgame was bad by just doing the story mode and not setting into rifts, grifts etc
    That's the thing. D3 story was good. Felt good. Felt fun. So I played out the story, actually multiple times. If the story wasn't good, I would never have made it to max level to try the rift grind.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I feel like D4 is mostly a decent sequel to D3 based on my play so far, except for one massive and glaring problem. To make the game more of an MMO, the pacing of the game has been wildly reduced.

Combat is fine, numbers need tweaking for many abilities but its a beta; that's to be expected. The problem is all the not combat. In every other Diablo game and other ARPGs like PoE during the campaign, the game is designed to always have the player progressing towards the destination through combat. In Diablo 4, so far, a HUGE percentage of playtime will be dedicated to walking back and forth, talking to NPCs, watching VO cutscenes, tinkering with crafting, etc. Something common in MMOS and more traditional RPGs such as games like Witcher, but it is kryptonite to an ARPG because for an ARPG they replace combat complexity with non-stop action.

Personally, I think the game is decent and has the potential to turn out to be amazing, but as a player, I need to adjust my expectations and not approach it with an ARPG mindset. I don't hate other RPG games because they are at a slower pace. It's not a deal breaker, I just need to change my perspective. I always have D2R, PoE, and soon PoE 2 if I want a traditional run-and-gun ARPG experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it very much and your "bad" parts seems like things you should have expected from the start.

I have enjoyed the beta. Got Sorc and Necro to 25, Barb to 20, and couldn't really get into Rogue or Druid.

It's a Diablo game, so I'd really like to hear a detailed reimagining of how you would make the "something new" that a lot of people are going on about because they're mad that Diablo 4 is a Diablo game and not Hello Kitty ARPG or something.

All the "legendary" stuff you have access to in the beta is not really what you think of as a legendary from <D4, it's just fancy rares with some "legendary" stats. These are all low-level leveling crap and basically filler for slots where you haven't yet got actual unique items (which don't exist in the open beta).

I agree with the scaling complaints. I'm not sure how to fix it in a multiplayer open-world game, but this is something that's been killing WoW in recent year, where you actually get less powerful as you level up and the mobs scale not only to your level, but actually to your iLevel which basically makes the entire game pointless. By the end of an expansion I WANT to feel overpowered.

Not having any of the hate for body styles, though if I can't identify with my characters I'm a lot less likely to spend a lot of money on cosmetics in the store. A related issue is that I find the druid shapeshift forms ugly as heck. I found both rogue and druid to be uninspiring gameplay at low levels. Maybe it gets better, but neither grabbed be the way Sorc and Necro did.

I think the game will be a success. There's a lot more we haven't seen yet, and there's plenty of time over the next few years to address player complaints and keep polishing and re-inventing stuff. D3 was in worse shape at launch than this will be.

I like how in these "D4 is bad" posts none mentions the extract legendary system , i mean if you are a fan of arpg you would know that this is an amazing system for endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    I like how in these "D4 is bad" posts none mentions the extract legendary system , i mean if you are a fan of arpg you would know that this is an amazing system for endgame.
    That was in D3 as well so it's not exactly revolutionary. They did slightly alter how it works but its essentially the same. I'd also add that I expect most players never interact with that feature at all in the beta because we were being showered with so many legendaries.

I don't get all the comments about challenge...we're talking about the lowest level content at the lowest level difficulties that will be available.

Go load up D2 or D3 right now and make a new character and set it to a low level and tell me how "challenging" Act 1 is.

Like really, come on....

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah blah blah. Have you ever played hack n slash ? This is what it is. You just dont get it. Anyway its just mid game test. We need to see endgame. Same you can judge WoW after hiting level 30 and say its bad because you are bored LOL

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    That was in D3 as well so it's not exactly revolutionary. They did slightly alter how it works but its essentially the same. I'd also add that I expect most players never interact with that feature at all in the beta because we were being showered with so many legendaries.
    3 legendary powers Vs legendary powers on all gear.
    the ability to fuse the power into the best rares, that's not a slight alter

In my opinion the greatest flaw Diablo IV has is that it just manages to be a decent game, not bad, not too good either... just decent, a solid 5/10 maybe a little higher, but not too much. Is fun to play for a while but it becomes boring and uninteresting too fast, but this can perfectly be a beta issue given the limitations. The problem is that beta or not, this will be the first impression most players will get from the game.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."