Voice lines in dungeons not playing

Since a few days i noticed that for example in halls of valor i still get the chatbubbles and stuff that skovald and odyn say or yell before and during a fight but i cant hear them anymore. didnt change settings or anything. after i mentioned it friend of mine noticed the same problem. it's not limited to just those dugeons, speech in nighthold is not playing anymore either for example. to my surprise i didn't find really any mentioning of this while googleing the problem. does anyone have a clue what's causing this

Quote Originally Posted by stf2Oo View Post
    does anyone have a clue what's causing this
    I have almost the same issue, except mine is with cinematics. My first thought was my Sound settings, but no, they are fine. So I expect it to be one of my addons. I also cannot preview things while in combat and a few other things, but in those cases rhe chatbox output says it's specifically due to addon interaction, so I simply assume it's the same with the voices in cinematics.

Are you sure the "Dialog" checkbox in the sound options is still checked ? It got unchecked for me in the last 2 days no clue why.

Happened to me a few days ago while questing. I would click on NPCs and no voicelines would play, nor when they began scripted dialog. Had to restart the game to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Are you sure the "Dialog" checkbox in the sound options is still checked ? It got unchecked for me in the last 2 days no clue why.
    yes, it's still checked. disabling -> enabling again, restart etc. had no effect. today i noticed voicelines from kurog, eranog etc still play, odyn for example is still quiet.

Are you using any addon that mutes/disables the talking head frames and voiceovers for world quests? I have tried numerous addons to get rid of them since I find them so grating, but in every case they also seem to mute dungeon and ingame cutscene dialog as it seems those systems are intrinsically linked.

I get this error too randomly. Sometimes dungeon lines work, sometimes they don't.