FF14 Stormblood expansion is free

https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...xiv-stormblood

Don't know if this is a temporary promotion so get it now if you're seeing this.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's literally on the website

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood is currently available free* for a limited time to existing owners and new purchasers of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn). *Requires an active paid service subscription to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online. Offer ends May 8, 7am PDT.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'm kinda surprised its not just part of the base game. WoW's been just making you only buy the latest expac for years.

I can only guess they detected there being a lot of pre-stormblood accounts and are hoping to get them into more modern content.

Does it require a sub?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Does it require a sub?
    Getting Stormblood free?

Yes, it says it right in the announcement.

But the game itself does have a free trial though, but Stormblood isn't included in that, just up through Heavensward.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I'm kinda surprised its not just part of the base game. WoW's been just making you only buy the latest expac for years.

I can only guess they detected there being a lot of pre-stormblood accounts and are hoping to get them into more modern content.

Probably should look up how FF14 does things before you say anything.

When you buy the base game, they do the exact same thing as WoW, They make it so that you can play the game all the way to the recent expansion while having to buy the new one, in this case Endwalker.

FF14 already has an extremely generous free trial that blows WoWs out of the water (Base game and first expansion VS 20 levels of nothing) so this is definitely to give players a taste. I wouldn't be surprised by the end of Endwalkers patch content if it isn't added to the free trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post

It really isn't that different from how WoW works.

While buying the base game alone only gets you up through Heavensward, after that only the most recent expansion is even for sale normally, and buying that one gets you everything prior to it included too.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    Probably should look up how FF14 does things before you say anything.

When you buy the base game, they do the exact same thing as WoW, They make it so that you can play the game all the way to the recent expansion while having to buy the new one, in this case Endwalker.

FF14 already has an extremely generous free trial that blows WoWs out of the water (Base game and first expansion VS 20 levels of nothing) so this is definitely to give players a taste. I wouldn't be surprised by the end of Endwalkers patch content if it isn't added to the free trial.
    My apologies for misremembering. Its been a while since I bought Endwalker and went through account hell because apparently account emails are case sensitive.

Which it's why it's kinda weird, they still intend for you to buy Endwalker, and Endwalker still comes with Stormblood anyway, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯