Shadow Priest Curse

Priests haven't had curses since way back when racial abilities were a thing.
    Originally I was thinking of a minor method of giving shadow a way to replenish mana, as it is currently the gameplay loop of having to make up for spending mana is fairly boring, its boring for nearly every class that uses mana.

Rather than turning back to replenishment group buff mechanics, I was wondering if adding a two choice to the initial point in the shadow tree (Devouring Plague) could be a possible solution.
    The first would be DP exactly as is, but the second would be a curse, dealing the same damage/cost but instead of the life replenishing portion it would instead replenish a % of your base mana pool, say 1/8th? Also it would be a curse rather than a disease, offering situational choice in pvp. I don't think having it as a flat mana drain would be the easiest to balance, but possibly make it / add a pvp talent that enables devouring plague / the curse to increase mana costs while it is on the target instead?

I'm curious what more seasoned shadow priests would have to say about the concept of shedding their lone disease.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to user curses, play a warlock. Shadow priests are void based not fel based.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    If you want to user curses, play a warlock. Shadow priests are void based not fel based.
    isn't that the problem though, by confining classes it basically kills the brain cells of the players by making them believe things are actually confined to singular definitions?

What are you talking about, Shadow Priests have always and still do have the most persistent, most obnoxious curse in the game: having to do five times the work of everyone else just for the same result, with 35 buttons and 10 different procs.

...oh, you meant, like, as an ABILITY? Yeah no, that's not what SPriest does.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, they DO have a Disease don't they? Devouring Plague counts as one.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What are you talking about, Shadow Priests have always and still do have the most persistent, most obnoxious curse in the game: having to do five times the work of everyone else just for the same result, with 35 buttons and 10 different procs.

A nonproficient spriest is usually a curse on their allies more than they are themself.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    isn't that the problem though, by confining classes it basically kills the brain cells of the players by making them believe things are actually confined to singular definitions?
    That isn't a problem. You will have players that fully enjoy playing as shadow priests and excel at it. You seem to want to homogenize the classes and make one single class that can do everything. That is not fun, nor is it wanted by the vast majority of players. People who bot would want that, simply because then they have an easier time cheating the system.

That isn't a problem. You will have players that fully enjoy playing as shadow priests and excel at it. You seem to want to homogenize the classes and make one single class that can do everything. That is not fun, nor is it wanted by the vast majority of players. People who bot would want that, simply because then they have an easier time cheating the system.
    Well luckily you're here to tell everyone what is fun and wanted by the majority of players

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well luckily you're here to tell everyone what is fun and wanted by the majority of players
    I am simply stating that what the OP thinks is fun might not be for anyone else. Everyone has a different take on what is fun, and of the many players I know, none want homogenizing of the classes.

I am simply stating that what the OP thinks is fun might not be for anyone else. Everyone has a different take on what is fun, and of the many players I know, none want homogenizing of the classes.
    isn't calling curses fel magic the definition of homogenization of concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Shadow priest is among the best dps in the game atm, what the fuck are you talking about?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    isn't calling curses fel magic the definition of homogenization of concept?
    No. It is the type of magic that warlocks use. Shadow Priests use Void magic, not fel. Each class has different types.

Void based spec with a main damage ability that is a "disease" is pretty fail in terms of thematic design. Doesn't need curse, but could be named something "void-touched" and could work like curses.