Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes, because it was current content for 8 months, until patch 10.0 came out. The Forbidden Reach will be current content for six weeks.

It will still be relevant in 10.1 for gearing alts-- basically we just got the 10.1 catch-up mechanisms a month before 10.1 releases, which I thought was pretty neat. Hopefully they continue that for 10.2 and beyond.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-04-09 at 01:34 PM.

The zone is fine. It's only purpose is a bit of lore, player power aka the ring, and a way to gear alts until the next content patch and raid. Which is... just around the corner

Served its purpose well, especially if you actually realize it was a .7 patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Zereth mortis got lots of cool stuff, while forbidden reach got stuff for...alt gearing is all?
    Comparing Zereth Mortis to the Forbidden Reach is just being silly.

You can (and should) compare ZM to the incoming Caverns in 10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    Well, i like that region, even if i do not really know why. It has no story elements, it has no other use than to farm gear. And the last one is the best incentive possible, at least from my point of view.

Even to kill the same rares over and over. And do some fishing while that. And to collect gear for alts. And to do the key quest. And to find the treasures.
    You like it because it hands out gear without effort, which is all you care about.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It's boring, BUT it's not a major patch zone, like Korthia or Broken Shore, so it gets a pass.

Historically, Forbiden Reach is probably the first time we received a small zone as a pre-quel to a more standard sized patch zone.

So the alternative to boring Forbidden Reach isn't exciting, filled with content zone, the alternative is nothing.

We could have gotten nothing, and instead we got a fun little island that's fun for like a week.

So it was fun in the start, then became the same old.

Sounds like every new patch/zone. Its like that when you have played WoW for years. There is really nothing to keep you excited for more than 1-2-3 weeks then ends up being the same shit you've always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Spot on take.
    I dunno. The lazy patch zones started with Timeless Isle. It's a long time ago

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I went by Forbidden Reach last evening, and I noticed that every single rare was up, but no one was around doing them. That was quite odd.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It could have used a somewhat deeper storyline that took more than 15 minutes and explored more of the island. To avoid it being frustrating due to timegating which is what they usually do, just tie it to different rep levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I went by Forbidden Reach last evening, and I noticed that every single rare was up, but no one was around doing them. That was quite odd.
    Maybe it was so full you landed on a new shard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I must say sharding is all over the place this expansion. I've experienced at moments a completely empty Valdrakken which was really bizarre as it's usually packed to the brim with people on my usual shards.
    Two of my characters also seems to be stuck in Alliance-heavy PVP shards meaning it's almost impossible to be out in the world doing anything but getting ganked. Works badly when you get swarmed by 5+ players at all times.

Wish there was an easy way to switch shards rather than fiddling with Group Finder.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It could have used a somewhat deeper storyline that took more than 15 minutes and explored more of the island. To avoid it being frustrating due to timegating which is what they usually do, just tie it to different rep levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe tha's the case.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Haven't played much at all in the past week, maybe one night ran a couple dungeons and logged out.

I haven't taken a week off since DF launched. Game feels dull and nothing to do until 10.1. When I do log on I sit there scratch my head thinking what do I want to do now in WoW? Then I log off after realizing, nothing fun to do right now.

Haven't played much at all in the past week, maybe one night ran a couple dungeons and logged out.

I haven't taken a week off since DF launched. Game feels dull and nothing to do until 10.1. When I do log on I sit there scratch my head thinking what do I want to do now in WoW? Then I log off after realizing, nothing fun to do right now.
    WoW is the raids-and-dungeons game. That's what it does above all else, and does better than anyone else. If that's not what you're interested in... perhaps a different game might be the play? Content outside of dungeons/raids (and PvP) will always feel ancillary in WoW, because that's what the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    WoW is the raids-and-dungeons game. That's what it does above all else, and does better than anyone else. If that's not what you're interested in... perhaps a different game might be the play? Content outside of dungeons/raids (and PvP) will always feel ancillary in WoW, because that's what the game is.
    Been playing WoW since November 2004. I like dungeon runs, and M+ introduced in Legion is great. And I'm a big M+ guy, to a point.

Now that Dragonflight has been out almost 5 months, I've run these dungeons a million times, I'm burned out doing the same ones over and over.

Raids are not my thing anymore, no way will I waste 3 or 4 hours in one sitting whacking away at some pointless video game monsters for a virtual item upgrade.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-04-12 at 01:42 AM.

Been playing WoW since November 2004. I like dungeon runs, and M+ introduced in Legion is great. And .a big M+ guy, to a point.

Now that Dragonflight has been out almost 5 months, I've run these dungeons a million times, I'm burned out doing the same ones over and over.

Raids are not my thing anymore, ko way will I waste 3 or 4 hours in one sitting whacking away at some pointless video game monsters for a virtual item upgrade.
    That's fine, I think. It's okay to outgrow games, or to pause them. Maybe you'll be back in 10.1 to see an all new set of dungeons?

I haven't played since mid SL myself. I agree completely - raids aren't really all that appealing anymore, and there's other stuff I'm not comfortable with, too. But rather sticking around and hoping WoW changes, I decided to play other things instead. If WoW DOES change in ways that appeal to me again, I'll be back.

It's important to not torture yourself with expectations. If something isn't fun, do something else. Gods know we have more choices than ever.

That's fine, I think. It's okay to outgrow games, or to pause them.
    Why do people keep saying this? People have 1000s of hours and $1000s of dollars invested in the game. After all that invested, maybe it's not so unreasonable to ask Blizzard to improve the game?

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? People have 1000s of hours and $1000s of dollars invested in the game. After all that invested, maybe it's not so unreasonable to ask Blizzard to improve the game?
    That's not the same conversation. No one is saying they shouldn't IMPROVE the game - they should. In fact I specifically said I'm watching and waiting, ready to come back if things change.

But that's not the same thing as asking for WoW to become A DIFFERENT GAME, which is what some people's demands amount to. WoW is the dungeons-and-raids game. It's not going to turn into the story-and-immersion game or whatever. That's not "improving the game", that's changing it on a fundamental level. To demand or expect that is folly, and unreasonable.

If what you want from WoW is for it to be a different game, then you should play a different game.

I've been playing WoW since launch, the best expansion for "casuals" was Legion, it had so much to do besides the lame Raid or die crap, with the Class Halls, Artifact weapon upgrades and appearances, Class mounts to get, Mage Tower, and all the extra zones added throughout the expansion. I seriously played Legion like 6 or 7 nights a week for all 2 years it was out, never got bored.

Then came BfA it was a mediocre expansion in comparison, a grade of C-.

Then Shittylands, just sucked, I unsubbed a year into it.

Now Dragonflight is out, and I do like it, but it's getting a bit stale already, but it's early days still for DF, and 10.1 is due out next month which should help.

WoW is the dungeons-and-raids game.
    It's common knowleage that less than 30% of players raid. Even if that was 50%, how is WoW the "dungeons and raids game"? Even half the people on this website don't raid or are "taking a break".

It's not going to turn into the story-and-immersion game or whatever. That's not "improving the game", that's changing it on a fundamental level.
    And yet, that's what it once was to me. And I kept busy and had fun for 10 of 11 years of playing. (And not once did I ever cancel my subscription in the entire time) And now it seems to me that a lot of people aren't having fun, and haven't for a few years now. They play for a month or two, and then cancel subscription and wait however long until a patch...assuming they even bother to remember the game.