Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    WoW is the dungeons-and-raids game.
    It's common knowleage that less than 30% of players raid. Even if that was 50%, how is WoW the "dungeons and raids game"? Even half the people on this website don't raid or are "taking a break".

It's not going to turn into the story-and-immersion game or whatever. That's not "improving the game", that's changing it on a fundamental level.
    And yet, that's what it once was to me. And I kept busy and had fun for 10 of 11 years of playing. (And not once did I ever cancel my subscription in the entire time) And now it seems to me that a lot of people aren't having fun, and haven't for a few years now. They play for a month or two, and then cancel subscription and wait however long until a patch...assuming they even bother to remember the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I've been playing WoW since launch, the best expansion for "casuals" was Legion, it had so much to do besides the lame Raid or die crap, with the Class Halls, Artifact weapon upgrades and appearances, Class mounts to get, Mage Tower, and all the extra zones added throughout the expansion. I seriously played Legion like 6 or 7 nights a week for all 2 years it was out, never got bored.

Then came BfA it was a mediocre expansion in comparison, a grade of C-.

Then Shittylands, just sucked, I unsubbed a year into it.

Now Dragonflight is out, and I do like it, but it's getting a bit stale already, but it's early days still for DF, and 10.1 is due out next month which should help.
    This is it. Legion was one of the greatest expansion. Not because of story but as a whole. Was pretty much all friendly. HC players/casuals/non HC/hoarders/collecters/alters. Oh maybe artifact power was a bit meh but i was just skippin hard farm. Dont get me wrong weapons were uber cool but the farm around was just meh :P Anyway legion was my top tier expansion with tbc and mop. DF is good but still under those.

Forbidden reach is okish. If you look to gear up alt its perfect. If you want to check new classes also. Nothin much to do in here tbh but it should be like that imo. Its not much time before 10.1. Im lvling alts now nothin else.

Why is there such an obsession with the game constantly having cutting edge things to do? If you're not having fun, just unsub. It's perfectly fine to play for a month, run out of things you want to do, then come back later. FF14 has this and the director literally says to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And yet, that's what it once was to me. And I kept busy and had fun for 10 of 11 years of playing. (And not once did I ever cancel my subscription in the entire time) And now it seems to me that a lot of people aren't having fun, and haven't for a few years now. They play for a month or two, and then cancel subscription and wait however long until a patch...assuming they even bother to remember the game.
    But is that because the game changed, or because YOU changed?

But is that because the game changed, or because YOU changed?
    The game...Today’s game is certainly not the game that kept me logging in.
    And the lore of which I always found interesting, well, WoD killed much of my enthusiasm. And seeing what WoW has devolved into..."just a few lines of text to justify [insert anyfuckingthing] so we have lore...that someone else can quote..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The game...Today’s game is certainly not the game that kept me logging in.
    And the lore of which I always found interesting, well, WoD killed much of my enthusiasm. And seeing what WoW has devolved into..."just a few lines of text to justify [insert anyfuckingthing] so we have lore...that someone else can quote..."
    Exactly, the game changed not me.

I've been playing WoW pretty much the same way with the same schedule for years and years. I'm married and have kids but I have always played late in the evening before bed. Anywhere from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. weeknights and a little more on weekends. I've had that same gaming time schedule for a decade or more.

MoP and Legion were the only recent expansions that had me play almost every night for 2 years straight for each of those expansions.

WoD and Shittylands I played the least amount and actually unsubbed from each.

Cat and BfA I played medium. I didn't unsub but I wasn't glued to it every night. I would only play two or three nights a week.

So yes, if Blizzard makes a fun and engaging expansion, I'll play it every night, the entire 2-year run. But when they make "filler" type mediocre expansions. It's just not an engaging experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Atleast we get to go to the underground zone in patch 10.1
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD