Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question How satisfied are you with the Dracthyr? How important would you consider new options

Personally, I love the CONCEPT of a “playable dragon”. Gameplay wise, I actually like them well enough (healing seems tricky, but I’ve never been a healer anyways).

My issue is that I feel like the Dracthyr feel very out-of-place, both conceptually and visually. I’m really at a loss what they made “Dracthyr” at all. If they wanted “playable dragons”, just have us playing young (player-sized) dragons. If they didn’t want us playing dragons, but something dragon-inspired, we had the Drakonids and all the various dragonkin. And why bother making a brand-new humanoid race, if they can’t actually wear armor?

Preferences aside, the Dracthyr are very obviously incomplete. And to me, they reflect really poorly on the game as a whole; when the centerpiece of your new expansion has one gender (the Visage forms are obviously reused), and they only display shoulders and belt, despite very clearly being designed to wear armor.

I would personally consider updating them to be a pretty dire need. Not just because I WANT to like them, but because their presence in the game communicates that Blizzard is cutting corners, even for the most prominent new feature of the expansion.

Now, the most obvious solution would be to add actual fucking transmog. They get a free pass on cloaks, but everything else should be displayed.

Something I would consider actually MORE exciting (to me, personally) would be the additions of a “Dragon form” option. Sort of like a reverse Visage form, you would shift into an actual Dragon model of some kind. My thinking is just use the Dragonriding mounts (minus the saddles) for customization, since at the very least the “Highland Drake” model SEEMS to have all the necessary animations for a playable race (evidenced by all the Dragon NPC’s in the expansion).

Ambitious, yes, but again; they’re literally the centerpiece of the entire expansion. Make them as awesome as possible! There’s literally no compelling reason why not.

But obviously, that’s just me. I’m curious how others feel. Most everyone I run dungeons with agrees, the Dracthyr look awkward and unfinished, but maybe I’m just in my own little bubble. How do others feel?

I still think they look way worse than the Drakonids that were all the way back in vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was my GFs biggest dream to play a dragon so she was very happy when it for announced.

He didn't really enjoy the combat spec, and doesn't have the mentally to heal pugs.

Add to they can't really show gear doesn't help either.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are fine. Only change I would do is make the option of Visage "races" wider, else, rest is fine. I don't want playable dragons, I don't mind Drakonid or Dragonkin, but Dracthyr is a good development choice as you are put in as a more wonky slate on the table, meanwhile, most Drakonids or Dragonkins are all aligned.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Personally, I love the CONCEPT of a “playable dragon”. Gameplay wise, I actually like them well enough (healing seems tricky, but I’ve never been a healer anyways).

My issue is that I feel like the Dracthyr feel very out-of-place, both conceptually and visually. I’m really at a loss what they made “Dracthyr” at all. If they wanted “playable dragons”, just have us playing young (player-sized) dragons. If they didn’t want us playing dragons, but something dragon-inspired, we had the Drakonids and all the various dragonkin. And why bother making a brand-new humanoid race, if they can’t actually wear armor?

Preferences aside, the Dracthyr are very obviously incomplete. And to me, they reflect really poorly on the game as a whole; when the centerpiece of your new expansion has one gender (the Visage forms are obviously reused), and they only display shoulders and belt, despite very clearly being designed to wear armor.

I would personally consider updating them to be a pretty dire need. Not just because I WANT to like them, but because their presence in the game communicates that Blizzard is cutting corners, even for the most prominent new feature of the expansion.

Now, the most obvious solution would be to add actual fucking transmog. They get a free pass on cloaks, but everything else should be displayed.

Something I would consider actually MORE exciting (to me, personally) would be the additions of a “Dragon form” option. Sort of like a reverse Visage form, you would shift into an actual Dragon model of some kind. My thinking is just use the Dragonriding mounts (minus the saddles) for customization, since at the very least the “Highland Drake” model SEEMS to have all the necessary animations for a playable race (evidenced by all the Dragon NPC’s in the expansion).

Ambitious, yes, but again; they’re literally the centerpiece of the entire expansion. Make them as awesome as possible! There’s literally no compelling reason why not.

But obviously, that’s just me. I’m curious how others feel. Most everyone I run dungeons with agrees, the Dracthyr look awkward and unfinished, but maybe I’m just in my own little bubble. How do others feel?
    Transmog is just a weak argument on hating on a new class, transmog is not essential for anything its just a nice to have feature thats it and you have plenty of customisation for dracthyr.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Preservation Evoker is the most fun healing spec and play style I've played in this game. Devastation is pretty fun after getting the hang of it (damage really kicks in when you play around Fire Breath) but Preservation, in my opinion, is leaps and bounds above it.

Healing in all in-game scenarios is fun as Preservation, because you get to do so much more than just heal. The class' kit for Evoker is pretty translatable between both specs.

It took some getting used to with the 30 yard range on spells. Getting comfortable with Hover, using Verdant Embrace liberally as a gap closer, and using Swoop as not only a Leap of Faith-with-extra-steps or another gap closer makes Preservation really fucking mobile.

I could care less about the cosmetic appearances between both forms because... I get to play a fucking dragon person.

I am completely satisfied with the play style of the Evoker class.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2023-03-09 at 05:47 PM.

Needed a melee and tank spec

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Needed a melee and tank spec
    game is saturated with melee and tank specs so no it didnt need one.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    game is saturated with melee and tank specs so no it didnt need one.
    Untill the next new class is a melee/tank...

Evoker could have used 4 spec's to make it more appealing in general. it would have fit the entire fantasy of playing a dragon.

I'm loving that they have a lot of visual options that appeal to us in the LGBTQIA+ community but I wish that we had other races than human as a base model for the visage form and I also realize that it would be nice if we had options that appealed to people with other sexual orientations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Untill the next new class is a melee/tank...

Evoker could have used 4 spec's to make it more appealing in general. it would have fit the entire fantasy of playing a dragon.
    Nope dragons are magic class as fantasy in WoW, you can just hope for more tanks/melee specs that are not needed all you want, evoker will never be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I'm loving that they have a lot of visual options that appeal to us in the LGBTQIA+ community but I wish that we had other races than human as a base model for the visage form and I also realize that it would be nice if we had options that appealed to people with other sexual orientations as well.
    You mean like the millions of other options already in the game?

Very meh on them. I love the amount of customization they have. Hate the one class, the limited visage forms, and the no transmog.

I like all the customization options for them and I don't particularly mind that the forms are androgynous - it's fitting for a lizard anyway.

I do mind the transmog restrictions though. And I even like the built in customization armor

But the fact that shoulders and belts can't be transmogged separately for Visage form and Dracthyr form is a travesty.

I've looked, and I've yet to find a single pair of shoulders that looked even acceptable with the Dracthyr form customization options I prefer.

Meanwhile not being able to add shoulders or 3D belts to a Visage form transmog significantly detracts from the appeal of any look to me.

If Dracthyr at least had the option of hiding all transmog in Dracthyr form, that'd instantly improve their standing in my book.

Also on a personal note, I'd love if their customizations were expanded to be able to make them look more like the infinite dragonflight, even if that doesn't make much sense for playable Dracthyr.

As for Evokers? Don't much care for them, but I still want Dracthyr to live up to its potential by the time they get access to other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I love the race but hate the class. I'm not a fan of casters, and the fact that I have to hold a spell longer to make it more powerful is definitely not my cup of tea. I was so excited for Dracthyr, but it fell short of my expectations. I want to see them be other classes so I can play a Dracthyr I'll enjoy.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

I absolutely adore them. I am maining a dracthyr and I don't think I'll ever main anything else.
    A playable dragon, with unique flying abilities, with the diverse powers of all the dragonflights, fits perfectly with everything I've ever wanted.

If there's one thing I wish it could be updated, it's transmog.
    There's such diversity of armor in the game, millions of different looks you can go for. Being restricted to the limited (even if still wonderful) dracthyr armor is really my only gripe.

Love them. Big goon lovers cope harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been enjoying my evoker healing has never been this fun for me so I give it a high score, like mechanically and thematically for me probably 8+/10.

The no armor in Dracthyr form and only shoulders belt is so strange it boggles my mind, and I def think it feels unfinished and rushed. I hope they rework and "fix" it. 3/10.

Considering I enjoy my visage I'm not really bothered that only one race is available, with that said, Gnomes and Taurens should be introduced and trained by Ebon and Chromie later at some point so... 7/10

Total score for me; 7+/10

Iv enjoyed it and its the class I'v played the most this expansion.

Sidenote*
    I also played Hunter and Paladin so far in DF, and, Hunter feels good but looking forward to the Paladin revamp.

The biggest issue for me with them is not being able to pick other races for visage form. It makes NO sense. Easy enough fix tbh, Blizz doesn't need to add any new customisation options for the other races (maybe the dragon eyes?).