Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How to get the Phoenix Wishwing Pet - The Mystery has been Solved

How to get the Phoenix Wishwing Pet - The Mystery has been Solved
    The long-standing mystery for the use of Smoldering Phoenix Ash has finally been solved thanks to the Secret Finding Discord. Completing the following steps will reward you with the Phoenix Wishwing battle pet. Keep in mind that one of the steps involves the Firelands Raid on Timewalking difficulty, so this week is a good week to get this done as the event won't cycle through for quite some time again.

• Step 1 - Getting the Phoenix Ash Talisman.
      • Acquire 10x Secret Phoenix Ash via Small Pile of Ash locations in Spires of Arak. These have a short respawn time and require level 60 to loot.
        • Confirmed Locations
          • /way #542 42.08 15.86 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 44.00 13.72 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 44.55 23.34 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 45.10 15.00 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 52.06 31.35 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 52.17 49.97 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 52.20 49.82 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 61.90 42.30 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 68.72 44.49 Small Pile of Ash
          • /way #542 68.76 44.50 Small Pile of Ash
      • Acquire 20x Inert Phoenix Ash. These have a low drop rate from Scorching Elemental in Fire Plume Ridge of Un'goro Crater.
      • Acquire 1x Glittering Phoenix Ember from the Firelands Timewalking Raid version of Alysrazor. This is a 100% drop for everyone in the raid, but only drops in Timewalking.
      • Take these three items (10x Secret Phoenix Ash, 20x Inert Phoenix Ash, and 1x Glittering Phoenix Ember) to Zektar in Spires of Arak and trade them for the Phoenix Ash Talisman.
    • Step 2 - Collect 20x Ash Feather.
      • Purchase the Ash Feather Amulet from Griftah at the Obsidian Throne in The Waking Shores
        • /way #2022 25.59 54.33 Griftah
      • After using the amulet, you will be able to see Ash Feather on the ground periodically and loot them.
    • Step 3 - Collect 15x Smoldering Phoenix Ash.
      • These can be looted from Phoenix mobs around The Dragon Isles and in Dragonflight dungeons such as Neltharus.
    • Step 4 - Getting the Phoenix Wishwing Pet.
    Last edited by Stoy; 2023-03-29 at 01:02 PM.

How people solve these things are beyond me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    How people solve these things are beyond me.
    Beyond me too! I simply do not have the patience to do this sort of stuff

This is a 100% drop for everyone in the raid, but only drops in Timewalking.

Ehhhhhhhh

so now we're locking BATTLE PETS behind raiding
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, I enjoy collecting battle pets, but this is too involved for a battle pet. Had it been a mount—maybe. But a battle pet?
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I participated during the Time Waist secret. Clues are really random sometimes, sometimes logical. I remember when we guessed that orbs were tied to the Chronicles books
    That was awesome!

By Logical I remember Uuna's secret when you had to find her items, it was in the places that were Drainei themed.
    But sometimes its just brute force by thousand of people
    The hardest one was for with a cat (Karazhan puzzle with meat/fish). and was solved by a random guy who doesn't even play WoW but managed to see a certain logic behind the riddle (one guy told the other guy that they can't solve a riddle so he managed to solve it with clues people had )
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    In before people start joining Timewalking Firelands and leaving after they get the ash from Alysrazor....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    The game has reached the point for me where theres literally to much to obtain. Mounts, pets, titles, gear, cosmetics, toys+++. Its just to much and I cant keep up anymore lol.

And i've been a wow player for faaaaaaaar to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    This is a 100% drop for everyone in the raid, but only drops in Timewalking.

Ehhhhhhhh
    Agree (should drop in the normal versions as well - maybe not 100% though).

Better get it this week then. At least the other stuff isn't timegated.

I don't mind taking my time with these things but making it that you can't get one part except one week every 6 months isn't good design. At least it's 100% droprate.

Although with the new ring and primordial stones I could really use a way to avoid even more stuff that fills my bags
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2023-03-29 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraeliaBlack View Post
    In before people start joining Timewalking Firelands and leaving after they get the ash from Alysrazor....
    This is exactly what will happen, or there will be dedicated raid s for her because you can go straight there.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The game has reached the point for me where theres literally to much to obtain. Mounts, pets, titles, gear, cosmetics, toys+++. Its just to much and I cant keep up anymore lol.

And i've been a wow player for faaaaaaaar to long.
    I wouldn;t mind this but there's a gate on almost every single thing...

"Oh wow, a cool Phoenix pet!! - I just have to do an easy timewalking raid to get it done and I'll be good! Wait... What? The event ended 2 days ago and now I have to wait 4 months to get it? Man, it just took me 3 weeks to unlock Kul Tirans, I was really looking forward to this pet." That's a new player's POV, they'll get bored VERY fast.

This is fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    This is exactly what will happen, or there will be dedicated raid s for her because you can go straight there.
    Blame Blizzard for putting it in the timewalking version. They keep doing this stuff and act shocked when it causes player issues.

On the plus side the weekly can be done with 5 raid bosses which is nice.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2023-03-29 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I wouldn;t mind this but there's a gate on almost every single thing...

"Oh wow, a cool Phoenix pet!! - I just have to do an easy timewalking raid to get it done and I'll be good! Wait... What? The event ended 2 days ago and now I have to wait 4 months to get it? Man, it just took me 3 weeks to unlock Kul Tirans, I was really looking forward to this pet." That's a new player's POV, they'll get bored VERY fast.

This is fucking horrible.
    That's my gripe with it.

How you get it is kinda cool, but the fact that its tied to something that normally only comes around once every X months is a bad design choice.

They did the same thing with Mage Tower 2, maybe they'll follow suit on this and allow it to drop from the normal raid instead?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    so now we're locking BATTLE PETS behind raiding
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Battle pets have been in raids almost the entire time battle pets have been a thing, if not the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    That's my gripe with it.

How you get it is kinda cool, but the fact that its tied to something that normally only comes around once every X months is a bad design choice.

They did the same thing with Mage Tower 2, maybe they'll follow suit on this and allow it to drop from the normal raid instead?
    It's just how WoW is nowadays and one of the main reasons I stopped playing - I just can't keep doing the "wait X months" for stuff, It's not fun.

Tarjin the Blind? I'm out.

I read this post. I logged into the game. I searched the Legacy raids Lfr tool. Found a grp which does Alysrazor only. Went there we killed the boss in -5 minutes. The whole thing took me like 10-15 minutes.... Yet people will find reasons to QQ about everything.

Maaaaybe spent less time QQ about everything and go play the game more? Maybe this way you will have time to complete more things. Just saying...

Meanwhile. To go and do the whole questline to unlock the vendor at Spires takes more than find a grp and do a zerg to Alysrazor but hey how don't you dare make me put some effort for a random pet (that will not effect my progress in literally nothing) I WANT IT ALL I WANT IT NOW I WANT IT EFFORTLESSLY. The moto of post 2000s gamers.
    Last edited by Tithorious; 2023-03-29 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tithorious View Post
    I read this post. I logged into the game. I searched the Legacy raids Lfr tool. Found a grp which does Alys only. Went there we killed the boss in -5 minutes. The whole thing took me like 10-15 minutes.... Yet people will find reasons to QQ about everything.

Maaaaybe spent less time QQ about everything and go play the game more? Maybe this way you will have time to complete more things. Just saying...
    and when people come here looking for info about this cool looking pet next week, then what?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Just did it and surprisingly nobody left after alysrazor. Still, nobody got the quest item for the weekly off Rag though.