Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    Mop had the biggest sub drop that we have the numbers for only recovering after they cut those dailies out... It peaked the worst of wod that we can see for overall losses. Mecha is one of the rare cases I can't comment on same with toc to ruby santum its one of the few rare breaks ive had from the game. I think a major issue is that the only world content I can think of as effective is runescape. I don't think it has a place with dynamic difficulty as it creates a weird dead area where skill and gear are to mismatched,
    Mop went form 10m-7M In a year and then Started to rise, Wod went from 10M-5M in 7 months and they cut reports before we saw any up tick. Mop wasn’t close to Wod in losses. https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...cribers?page=8

And if Sub count is your measure of world content working can it never work post mop because we don’t have numbers?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Kitten View Post
    Here's some actual facts:
    Warlords of Draenor was one of the best expansions ever.
    how can anyone take you seriously after saying this?
    1. its OPINION, not a fact
    2. selfie camera patch ...is it necesary to even say more? if so, then how about DF at 10.1 already had more content added in patches than WOD during its whole lifetime?

and no, people dont want "nothing to do" poeple wanted not to be FORCED to do things, if you cant see the difference thats just sad...
    hell i can see their point and i dont even agree, i actualy liked AP, probably bcs i didnt grind it like lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Given the corruption of the underlying lore, and given their likely loss of people who made WoW succeed in the first place, why should a WoW 2 do any better than any other competing MMO? It wouldn't have the sunk cost anchor keeping (admittedly fewer and fewer) people playing it.
    Surpisingly there is an answer for this.

Its because of that very reason, WoW 2 could easily base don lore be set in a "What if Azeroth" via one of the other timelines with all the infinite dragonflight teasers and other timelines teased its quite easy to justify a possible version of the setting that becomes a beta universe that acts as a story for new generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mop went form 10m-7M In a year and then Started to rise, Wod went from 10M-5M in 7 months and they cut reports before we saw any up tick. Mop wasn’t close to Wod in losses. https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...cribers?page=8

And if Sub count is your measure of world content working can it never work post mop because we don’t have numbers?
    It started to rise after they removed most of the world content requirements... i am pointing out painfully so that world content has never been popular and each time its been forced into the game its actively hurt it.

I've played 3 games that were mmos with good world content. Runescape that relied on grinding and low drop rates. Fallout 76 that relied on extremely small server sizes to stop players from deathballing everything easily. Finally project gorgon that is more of a freeflowing story mmo then anything resembling the rest.

WoW just isn't set up for it. You can't force it in without breaking what already works and works better then it.

It started to rise after they removed most of the world content requirements... i am pointing out painfully so that world content has never been popular and each time its been forced into the game its actively hurt it.

I've played 3 games that were mmos with good world content. Runescape that relied on grinding and low drop rates. Fallout 76 that relied on extremely small server sizes to stop players from deathballing everything easily. Finally project gorgon that is more of a freeflowing story mmo then anything resembling the rest.

WoW just isn't set up for it. You can't force it in without breaking what already works and works better then it.
    I'm going to be totally honest ... I only read your posts because occasionally I like a good belly laugh.

edit: To be a bit serious, everything you say is pure fantasy conjured out of absolute nothingness. It's humorous whether you are serious or goofing off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I'm going to be totally honest ... I only read your posts because occasionally I like a good belly laugh.
    Just check my signature. I should really thank the dude(tte) btw for it
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post

edit: To be a bit serious, everything you say is pure fantasy conjured out of absolute nothingness. It's humorous whether you are serious or goofing off.
    Whatever floats your boat. All I can do is explain why world content wont ever be a notable feature of wow. What you do with that is up to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    MoP also tied its world content to solid rewards. Most world content helped you with valor or with reputations and Valor gave you very decent gear, just one tier below max.
    Also this. It's weird to see some people merrily chanting their wOrLD CoNTenT bAd mantra, when there have been been some good things in MoP, Legion and even (to a much lesser degree though) in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Also this. It's weird to see some people merrily chanting their wOrLD CoNTenT bAd mantra, when there have been been some good things in MoP, Legion and even (to a much lesser degree though) in BfA.
    I guess its because good is impossible to define. I don't find content I nod off to as I murder 30 on 1 groups of mobs without my hp moving. I can't recall any good world content in mop but all my memoires are pulling zones of mobs and selling mutiple ruby sky serphants from my mass aoe farming. For legion all I recall is joining groups to instantly collect ap.

Im even more lost with bfa. It might help that if beyond rewards you point out what makes successful world content.