Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It's actually insane to me that it's put up with to the extent it is. I'm all for free speech and what not but I swear half, if not most of it, is probably trolling.

I can't imagine many other hobby forum/websites where it's put up with to the extent it is on MMOC.

For me it ruins a lot of the discussions going on.
    Do remember that while free speech means everybody can say what they want, it also means everybody else gets to call them out for being idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Blizzard: 18 straight years of making humorous April Fool's patch notes

Players: WHY DON'T YOU MAKE GAME GOOD

::sigh::
    To be fair, they used to make more things than patch notes. Bard, Pandaren were full blog mock ups, heck flappy Malthael was a small game.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-04-02 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To be fair, they used to make more things than patch notes. Bard, Pandaren were full blog mock ups, heck flappy Malthael was a small game.
    I guess -- I think Blizzard went a bit too ham on previous April Fool's which is why this community has impossibly high standards for it. I'm sure they'd do it again if they felt it was appropriate. It just feels like such a weird thing to be hung up on, y'know?

I guess -- I think Blizzard went a bit too ham on previous April Fool's which is why this community has impossibly high standards for it. I'm sure they'd do it again if they felt it was appropriate. It just feels like such a weird thing to be hung up on, y'know?
    Oh I agree. THis still took some time and effort. But I am not going to act like I'm blown away by it. It got a few chuckles and that's it. Heck I played flappy Malthael more than I played flappy bird.

I'm sorry, I find these takes so completely meaningless. It's like complaining about the fucking font Blizzard delivers patch notes in. Like, sure. That's a valid complaint I guess but it's hardly productive and doesn't help improve the game in any way. If you're so miserable and jaded that you are seeking validation from internet strangers because you feel like fake patch notes used to be better then maybe the problem isn't the fake patch notes.
    You always say "it's hardly productive and doesn't help to improve the game" to defend your incessant bashing of even the mildest negative comment about Blizzard which is funny because this is MMO-Champion not the official blizzard forums...which means the likelihood that any comment or suggestion, positive or negative, has any chance of influencing Blizzard one way or the other is close to zero...so, taking that into consideration, even comments you would consider "constructive" are basically pointless and those posting them are just seeking validation from internet strangers. So, again, its a case of you just bashing everyone that doesn't agree with you because none of your wonderful suggestions or comments matter to Blizzard either.

Its a discussion forum not just a swooning fanboy forum. Virtually none of it matters. And no one appointed you the chief of the fanboy police so give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    You always say "it's hardly productive and doesn't help to improve the game" to defend your incessant bashing of even the mildest negative comment about Blizzard which is funny because this is MMO-Champion not the official blizzard forums...which means the likelihood that any comment or suggestion, positive or negative, has any chance of influencing Blizzard one way or the other is close to zero...so, taking that into consideration, even comments you would consider "constructive" are basically pointless and those posting them are just seeking validation from internet strangers. So, again, its a case of you just bashing everyone that doesn't agree with you because none of your wonderful suggestions or comments matter to Blizzard either.

Its a discussion forum not just a swooning fanboy forum. Virtually none of it matters. And no one appointed you the chief of the fanboy police so give it a rest.
    I'm happy you've surreptitiously discovered nihilism through my posts but if it's alright with you I'm gonna keep calling out negativity circlejerking when I see it. Aight? Aight.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Piss off kid. You are alone on this one.
    Didnt ask for anyones opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    DF has literally been the best xpac since mop/legion. Your post is just beyond messed up.
    Thats why classes and actual gameplay has been the same since legion, same for mythic plus and raiding. But what am I telling you.

I'm happy you've surreptitiously discovered nihilism through my posts but if it's alright with you I'm gonna keep calling out negativity circlejerking when I see it. Aight? Aight.
    that's fine and i'm going to keep calling you out for being the internet bully you are...you should seriously consider starting your own site so you can dwell in the echo chamber of platitudes and not stress yourself out...not everyone has to agree with you here...get used to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    So basically you're one of those people who only want free speech when it involves an opinion you agree with.
    Nope, I have no issue with differing opinions and I have no issue with constructive criticism. However most of the time it's not constructive at all and just borderline trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do remember that while free speech means everybody can say what they want, it also means everybody else gets to call them out for being idiots.
    It still ruins thread discussions in my opinion.

This thread just proves why Blizzard wont ever again pull a really funny and wild april 1 joke. People would go mental.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    This thread just proves why Blizzard wont ever again pull a really funny and wild april 1 joke. People would go mental.
    Blizzard could make a blue post that is a test, state that the post is just a test of something and just ignore it and half of MMO-Champion would go into a rage over it for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I agree with him because is the truth.

The April Fool jokes used to be LEGENDARY Many sites have spotlights of old april fools from Blizzard
    There is many articles about it. Go check them out

Anyway...i enjoyed april fools in league of legends today. It was insane.

Different views, different opinions.

I wouldn't call any april fools joke legendary.

Different views, different opinions.
    Implying Blizz puts no effort into the game is dishonest and super jaded.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

>Blink now has 182 charges.
    Extra funny would be to make this a human only trait.

I mean I hate what WoW has become but people saying these are "low effort" clearly haven't played WoW that long

Take a look at this https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:April_Fools

Take a look at the April Fools in 2004 for example. 2006 has a good categorized list like like 2023.

I hate Blizzard too, but a *lot* of people hate Blizzard to hate Blizzard.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2023-04-03 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Piss off kid. You are alone on this one.
    Clam down there, wo/manchild.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I mean I hate what WoW has become but people saying these are "low effort" clearly haven't played WoW that long

Take a look at this https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:April_Fools

Take a look at the April Fools in 2004 for example. 2006 has a good categorized list like like 2023.

I hate Blizzard too, but a *lot* of people hate Blizzard to hate Blizzard.
    IMO, the mockups are still overall higher-effort than patch notes. However, I do agree that this is a pretty trivial thing to get hung up on, in the grand scheme of things. Though Blizz is kind of in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-dont situation with it. If they go all out, people would complain about it detracting from the game. If they didn't do anything, people would complain about the fun being sucked out of the company. If they go in-between, people will both complain about lack of effort and also detracting from the game. All three complaining bodies are ultimately irrelevant minorities in the end.

Side note, the 2006 patch notes are very, VERY different in tone from newer ones. They're still obviously jokes, but actually sound a bit more plausible and are less pop culture/pun-heavy.

Very low effort this year tbh.
    Blizzard keeps saying that they are growing and they can't even do something like Crabby or Molten Core game anymore?
    ... but i giggled at weaving part in Classic. It shows how extremely silly/stupid some things in the old game code are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pandaren was never an april fools. They have been around since wc3 being an easter egg.