Poll: Should hunters get a Quiver slot?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunters should be able to have a quiver equiped along side a cape

As simple as it goes, why are we limited to either use a quiver and remove our cape our vice versa? Since we use bows we should also have a quiver as immersive as it can be. If we want a cape and quiver then we are limited with only the legion artifact weapons.

Should hunters be able to get another equipment slot just for quivers? Like shoulders got 2 seperate slots when you wanna have 2 different shoulder pieces?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Game limitations
    probably the best way would of been make the quiver a belt that shows up instead but i feel that might break the spaghetti code

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, not really needed. Could be cool but not needed.

Instead, the ammo quiver and pouch shouldn't be class locked to Hunter only..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post

This, could see me using the ammo pouch as a stand-in bomb pouch for my engineer.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As cool as it would be, for me personally the potential clipping issues would bug me too much to use both. Once I see it it's just a big no for me.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

well first of all the quiver shouldnt be on back, its impractical as hell, should be on belt

Quivers on the back are a very common fantasy look, like chainmail bikinis. Impractical but iconic, really.

Anyway of course you should be able to have both a cape and a quiver, but cloak clipping is already really bad on a lot of player models so I just don't see how it would work in this engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well first of all the quiver shouldnt be on back, its impractical as hell, should be on belt
    You know what else is impractical?

- 3 meters long swords
    - shoulderpads 3 times size of characters head
    - plate skirts
    - slut mogs
    - wearing coffin or a treasure chest on your back
    ... and so on.

The last thing that should be of anyone's concern regarding transmogs in this fantasy, whimsical setting is realism... Quivers on the back are cool.
    Last edited by melzas; 2023-04-01 at 01:51 PM.

ofc just like the legion artifact bow allows us

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You know what else is impractical?

- 3 meters long swords
    - shoulderpads 3 times size of characters head
    - plate skirts
    - slut mogs
    - wearing coffin or a treasure chest on your back
    ... and so on.
    and when that will be ANYWHERE near the topic we might discuss that
    topic is quiver vs cape, or why not both - which with quiver at belt would be solved...

The last thing that should be of anyone's concern regarding transmogs in this fantasy, whimsical setting is realism...
    i never said its bcs it unrealistic... its impractical, and with cape would be even more so, you know roleplaying, which transmog kinda belongs to, is a thing...

Quivers on the back are cool.
    thats your opinion, in my opinion its stupid, impractical, and it looks terrible, but sadly unlike with all your examples, theres no option...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-04-01 at 02:19 PM.

and when that will be ANYWHERE near the topic we might discuss that
    topic is quiver vs cape, or why not both - which with quiver at belt would be solved...
    I mean . . . then you would not have a belt

In vanilla you would see the quiver and it had 3 models. It was only visible to the hunter tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... Quivers can be both? It is about your function, then you choose its placement? Quiver mounted at the belt/hilt can be really dreadful for mobility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    In vanilla you would see the quiver and it had 3 models. It was only visible to the hunter tho.
    I used to bug it out on purpose to have weapon + quiver appear. Looked so great!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Game limitations
    probably the best way would of been make the quiver a belt that shows up instead but i feel that might break the spaghetti code
    In classic we had capes and quivers no it’s not a game limitation they would just need to bring that back.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account

Why not? What class should also have a quiver on their back though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    As cool as it would be, for me personally the potential clipping issues would bug me too much to use both. Once I see it it's just a big no for me.
    Clipping should be normal and understandable, since you can't forcome that because we got so many races, just because it clips a bit we shouldn't have it.
    I never understood how people get bothered too much by clipping, most of the time it's very minimum.

https://imgur.com/a/Hvpi40C (it's not too bad)
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2023-04-01 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why not? What class should also have a quiver on their back though?
    Hunters ain't the only ones with a use for an ammo pouch or quiver? I mean, Warriors and Rogues should be able to apply it too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters ain't the only ones with a use for an ammo pouch or quiver? I mean, Warriors and Rogues should be able to apply it too?
    Since when does a warrior use a bow? I do get the point of throwing knives and having a little pouch that can have these kinda knives.
    Reminds me of the 2004 version warrior where you had an extra slot for... what was it called? for bows and any other side weapon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when does a warrior use a bow? I do get the point of throwing knives and having a little pouch that can have these kinda knives.
    Reminds me of the 2004 version warrior where you had an extra slot for... what was it called? for bows and any other side weapon...
    You don't get the point of transmogging, I guess? I mean, Warriors and Rogues have used ranged weapons for a long time before it was removed, and there are a lot of people who wish to apply such look to their character, either because they miss it, or as a build of a roleplay character - and these two classes can still equip said ranged weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get the point of transmogging, I guess? I mean, Warriors and Rogues have used ranged weapons for a long time before it was removed, and there are a lot of people who wish to apply such look to their character, either because they miss it, or as a build of a roleplay character - and these two classes can still equip said ranged weapons.
    But having an quiver on the back while using only a melee weapons sure does look odd, no matter how much ur into roleplay. Then give them an option to be able to shoot with a bow again. Anyways, i don't mind getting another "Quiver" slot for any class to use for their specific goal end, if it's quiver, knifepouch, ammopouch, extra backpack etc.

Clipping shouldn't hold such an epic thing back.

10+ Year Old Account
    But having an quiver on the back while using only a melee weapons sure does look odd, no matter how much ur into roleplay. Then give them an option to be able to shoot with a bow again. Anyways, i don't mind getting another "Quiver" slot for any class to use for their specific goal end, if it's quiver, knifepouch, ammopouch, extra backpack etc.

Clipping shouldn't hold such an epic thing back.
    So, you are saying one cannot take on a role in a roleplaying game, and look the part? As well, can one not fight melee with a quiver or even so, an ammo pouch?

What you are saying is basically, "Oh, because you can't shoot a bow/gun, you can't have it" - then, what about the added fantasy of the damn fact that as a Rogue, I can shoot a gun?