Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did anyone try d4 with the minimum recommended specs?

Did anyone try diablo 4 with a 4gb gpu and 8gb ram and was it a smooth experience?

I didn’t play it with the bare minimum recommendations but I was closer to it probably than most.

I have
    i5-2500k
    Evga 1660 ti 6gb
    16gb ddr3 (at the time of beta I had 12, replaced it with a proper set since)

I pretty much played with everything at low settings besides textures at medium because it looked horrendous on low textures. Didn’t try high res because I didn’t have 16gb of ram at the time but they were causing issues for many people.

It ran well enough 60-100 fps in most settings at 1440p but the beta was really poorly optimized and there was a lot of areas where the cpu would bottle neck pretty hard, especially teleporting back to the main town. But even people with newer rigs had issues related to optimization.
    Last edited by Krayz; 2023-04-19 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know family who played with a rig that had an i-3 of at least 10 years old, with 8GB DDR3 RAM and a 1660 GTX 6GB graphics card, this rig got quite warm, but not dangerously so, and performed fine. The other played on a newer CPU and newer DDR4 RAM, but with a 1060 GPU with only 4GB memory on it, on a large, low resolution widescreen monitor, and this rig had no issues at all.

So not the absolute minimum, but very much old and dated specs, and they played fine.

It runs amazing on the Xbox Series S/X if anyome has those, my PC can run it but she is like 8 years old now and could die.

Also the game is fully cross play on all platforms as well as cross progression.

I played with a 5600X and a 970 in October closed beta and the experience was quite miserable.

Unfortunately one month later I bought a 6800XT so of course I have no issues now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
    but the beta was really poorly optimized and there was a lot of areas where the cpu would bottle neck pretty hard, especially teleporting back to the main town. But even people with newer rigs had issues related to optimization.
    I didn't hear or see anyone have issues with optimization so it couldn't have been that widespread?

Anyhow I was surprised how well the game ran. I got semidecent computer, i5 11400f, 3060ti, 16gb, and i had stable 144fps on 1440p with high settings. Going to town with people in it it probably dipped to 100, but I had zero instances where I felt some kind of stutter or huge fps drop that would impact my gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I didn't hear or see anyone have issues with optimization so it couldn't have been that widespread?

Anyhow I was surprised how well the game ran. I got semidecent computer, i5 11400f, 3060ti, 16gb, and i had stable 144fps on 1440p with high settings. Going to town with people in it it probably dipped to 100, but I had zero instances where I felt some kind of stutter or huge fps drop that would impact my gameplay.
    Same tbh.
    Didn't have any issues really and I play around on mid with i5 8600k and 2080ti with 32gb ram... around 100 at 1440.
    For me the game seems very good when it comes to optimization.

Only had slight rubberbanding at times due to servers, but those were few and far between and mostly in kovashad, or when entering a new area.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Also the game is fully cross play on all platforms as well as cross progression.
    Shame there is no cross-buy because buying same game 80 dollar on multiple different platforms is insanity.

Well maybe someday on Game Pass once Diablo 4 is 1st Party Microsoft game.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2023-04-22 at 03:58 PM.

I tried it with Ryzen 3 3200G integrated graphics. 1080p low with fsr performance got about 30+ fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I know there were others on the D4 forums saying the same, but I do wonder if it really was more of a networking / network stress issue because it really only flared up when I was around other people. Surprisingly the world boss with 12 people in one small area always worked flawlessly. Wonder if the camera zoom had something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
    I know there were others on the D4 forums saying the same, but I do wonder if it really was more of a networking / network stress issue because it really only flared up when I was around other people. Surprisingly the world boss with 12 people in one small area always worked flawlessly. Wonder if the camera zoom had something to do with that.
    Camera zooming out would most likely give a reduced performance. But it has nothing to do with the networking.
    Rubberbanding is 100% a network issue.

The fact it works good on world bosses could be because they might have better servers for those so they run more smoothly. It's not as important that the town isn't lagging, but a world boss sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Camera zooming out would most likely give a reduced performance. But it has nothing to do with the networking.
    Rubberbanding is 100% a network issue.

The fact it works good on world bosses could be because they might have better servers for those so they run more smoothly. It's not as important that the town isn't lagging, but a world boss sure is.
    Smooth world bosses is because they are located in wide open areas with nothing around. The game has to render almost nothing apart from the boss itself and the players stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Smooth world bosses is because they are located in wide open areas with nothing around. The game has to render almost nothing apart from the boss itself and the players stuff.
    Rendering has no bearing on network load which was the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Did anyone try diablo 4 with a 4gb gpu and 8gb ram and was it a smooth experience?
    My computer's from 2013, and it's capable of playing the game at high settings with 60+ fps.

Gonna replace this relic with a top tier high end PC come May to last me the next decade as this current one did.

I played it on PS4.

The Load Times were longer than I expected.

Hard to tell if the lag I saw in game was server based though during the beta, or if it was due to maxing out the hardware.

It seemed to make the PS4 work harder than most games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    I played it on PS4.

The Load Times were longer than I expected.

Hard to tell if the lag I saw in game was server based though during the beta, or if it was due to maxing out the hardware.

It seemed to make the PS4 work harder than most games.
    FPS issues = hardware issue.
    Lag or rubber-banding = network issue.

as a rule of thumb.

People were playing it on the Steam Deck with reasonably good experiences
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Nope, but my gpu is a oldy. a 1070 from launch and still chugging a long. It was very playbale. But i must admit. Smooth it was not. Could be my old gpu. So those min rec specs are mim at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Shame there is no cross-buy because buying same game 80 dollar on multiple different platforms is insanity.

Well maybe someday on Game Pass once Diablo 4 is 1st Party Microsoft game.
    My guess would be as soon as the deal finalizes around June/july it will be on there.

I think companies should have to give you a copy of their game on all platforms, the issue is the platform holders/publishers don't want that so we have to pay more money.

Hey, I played it on 2014 hardware...8gb DDR3, 970 and 4th gen I5 4590. I only played to like...level 6? But seems to run OK, but I don't remember it much now. Honestly, I don't want to play games at such low settings anyway...Whats the point.

Maybe I should have played more, but also don't want to spoil the fun, and I don't like beta's that much.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO