Question Question about post counts

Hi! It seems like certain forums are locked behind a post count. I understand that the purpose of this is to minimize bot postings.

However, because they are locked, it's difficult for me to increase my post count because I have a limited number of forums that I can post on. Additionally, it looks like posting on some forums don't really "count", but I don't really know which forums help to increase my post count and which do not. I was hoping to message a moderator about this, but that is locked behind a post count as well. Can I read up on how all of this works somewhere? I can't seem to find any information about this on the Rules page.

Thank youuuu.

IIRC the offtopic subforums don't count, so you have to post in video games or WoW subforums.

Oh! Good to know. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun Stuff and Chat Zone don’t increase post counts but other off-topic forums do.

It’s been a long time since I was a global mod but if I remember correctly this was done because those forums were very fast-moving at the time and spambots could get lost in those threads. They’d quickly reach the threshold to post elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Fun Stuff and Chat Zone don’t increase post counts but other off-topic forums do.

It’s been a long time since I was a global mod but if I remember correctly this was done because those forums were very fast-moving at the time and spambots could get lost in those threads. They’d quickly reach the threshold to post elsewhere.
    Yeah, think it is a hold over from the days of the chat threads and such.