Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The reason that Classic+ is an interesting idea is that Classic Vanilla is a completely different game from the expansions. It isn't hyper-focused on a handful of zones. It's a large world. They very well could have gone in a different direction (horizontal world expansion) rather than the "new expansion, new continent, goodbye old content" model they went with, and devs have confirmed that this was a consideration initially.

Once you are in any expansion, even TBC, this makes no sense anymore because the model has already been decided.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    TBC+ is TBC with them continuing patches on the game to address bugs and balance issues.l
    Weird logic, that’s like saying WotLK Classic is WotLK+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    You don't want TBC +, you want retail with removed content
    That is exactly what I thought reading through this.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Weird logic, that’s like saying WotLK Classic is WotLK+.
    Didn't play WotLK Classic, did they actually continue tangible bug fixes and balance issues throughout the expansion or did they just do 1 or 2 token fixes?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

@SpaghettiMonk

Then you never played a proper TBC then.

Paladins were the gods of AOE tanking just insanely hard to gear up.

Warriors were the be all end all of tanks who could do it all even if they weren’t the best at aoe threat.

Feral tanks were the best at threat generation but sucked out loud for any AOE threat and generally was great for holding single targets but outside of 3 mobs max you don’t stand a chance. But blizzard broke them by denying them an ability to deal with crushing blows or use consumables like literally every other spec of every other class including druids which had them on the side lines as anything but an off tank by the end since it wasn’t possible at all to tank illidan as a Druid without gimmicks like having warriors intercepting attacks for the tank.

Sounds like you came in at the end where most players weren’t even trying to gear up and were just preparing for WotLK and were trying to tank with people who massively out geared you or just didn’t care about threat generation.

In WotLK threat management stopped being a thing, in TBC you still had to worry about it.

That is unless you were talking about TBC Classic and not the original servers. I stopped on classic before TBC came out and it wasn’t any better there. You were either already geared or you had to be carried because everyone else was already geared.

TBC Kara can be done in heroic gear and is designed to be done in heroic and rep gear. The tanks and healers need to be in epics and blues but the DPS can be in greens and blues and still be good enough so long as they know how to do it.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2023-04-30 at 03:04 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

@SpaghettiMonk

Yeah, that wasn’t a TBC problem so much that was a “classic” problem.

Back when TBC was the original, you could get groups for all the older stuff and people didn’t tend to be as elitest when it came to gear outside of Arena (aka sandbox duels) at which point those players could be right dicks, especially if you beat them in 1v1s.

It was in WotLK when it became gear score bring everything.

Also right before WotLK was when they got rid of attunements if I remember correctly, might be wrong on that part though. But even the guilds that had T6 on farm was still running the old stuff.

Classic though, no real new players leveling and the only ways to really level is either when it is all fresh or though GDKP at which point you will either be playing for a long time to get nothing or almost nothing while saving up gold or better hit up a gold seller. Outside of them, you needed to find you a set group of friends you could raid with and hope they didn’t get bored of it and just stop playing.

And since each expansion was a snapshot with bugs, balance issues and all, it lead to massive min/maxing out the gate which made sure it got dull real quick when I was on vanilla classic and I doubt TBC classic was any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Didn't play WotLK Classic, did they actually continue tangible bug fixes and balance issues throughout the expansion or did they just do 1 or 2 token fixes?
    Yeah, they've been doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Yeah, they've been doing just that.
    Holy crap. Wish they had did that on classic vanilla and tbc, I likely would have stayed on during them but I liked playing a feral Druid and didn’t want to have to reroll to something less fun to not be considered a carry and WotLK for me was just dull even being able to top the charts originally.

Plus I enjoyed PvP originally which died in WotLK outside of arena.

This is obviously a troll post, listing so many modern wow features, why not just play retail?

The BORING crusade was garbage compared to wrath. Everything regarding classes and talents was waaay worse. No one would play that crap for long xD