Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I know I said I wouldn't respond anymore, but this is just too precious. It's hilarious. Did you honestly think that Chris Metzen is talking about the canonicity of the game? Oh gods, I'm laughing so much. Do you know what that '[2]' that shows up twice on your pseudo-quote means? Do you know what it links to? This is what it links to:



    That's right: the dude here just took what Chris Metzen said about the canonicity of COMIC BOOKS and tries to pass it off like Metzen was talking about the World of Warcraft game. Hilarious!


    I haven't lied. I even demonstrated evidence. :^)
    He is talking about the game its specifically a mention on the game and its reletion to canon, you are so clueless its funny how you cant even cobble together any sort of argument against anything. You have not provided one source of informtion proving WoW is completely canon because it isnt, blizzard themselves never mention it because its not all canon, you will forver be in a losing argument.

    Dragon magic isnt a type of magic, it is not on the cosmic forces as part of the chronicles of WoW lore, its specific abilities only dragons can use and some of those powers are granted to thier servants, the drakonid npc in cobalt assembly are not using dragonflight magic at all infact most of the npcs are not using any dragonflight powers, you are 100% unable to provide any sort of evidence or proof because there is non.

    Dragonflight magic is magic attached to a dragonflight - example living flame is from red, some drakonids can use thunderclap a normal ability/spell you are saying thunderclap is dragonflight magic just because a drakonid is using it. Thats not how it works.

    There is no statement saying WoW game lore is canon so until then its not canon. Which ofc will never happen.

    You will never win an argument with me when you lied in the first post.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-05-12 at 04:24 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  2. #82
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You will never win an argument with me when you lied in the first post.
    Your position is that the lore of a video game, originating within a video game franchise, is not canon to the video games. It's ludicrous. But continue on, if you're more concerned with "winning" than being connected to reality.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Your position is that the lore of a video game, originating within a video game franchise, is not canon to the video games. It's ludicrous. But continue on, if you're more concerned with "winning" than being connected to reality.
    Im connected to reality unlike yourself and certain posters, answer this has blizzard themselves stated the WoW game is canon lore, this is the only thing that matters, whats canon is the chronicles not the game itself which is impossible to be completely canon, many things are canon in the game yes but the game is not 100% canon, you cant tell me with a straight face that you believe WoW MMO is always 100% canon.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  4. #84
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    21,486
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    He is talking about the game its specifically a mention on the game and its reletion to canon, you are so clueless its funny
    He's talking about the canonicity of comic books to the game's franchise. At no point he says the World of Warcraft game is not canon to the Warcraft franchise. What you're saying here is basically saying the Harry Potter books are not canon to the Harry Potter franchise. I'm not the clueless one here, I'm not sorry to tell you.

    You have not provided one source of informtion proving WoW is completely canon
    I don't have to, because it is its default state. The lore of the franchise is based off the game, not the other way around.

    you will forver be in a losing argument.
    Considering you're the one who keeps repeating "you lost the argument"... feels a bit like projection, here. That you're trying to "win" by attrition rather than actual arguments.

    Dragon magic isnt a type of magic, it is not on the cosmic forces as part of the chronicles of WoW lore,
    I never said it's part of the "cosmic forces". I simply said it's a type of magic. You're attacking a strawman of my argument instead of dealing with my actual argument.

    the drakonid npc in cobalt assembly are not using dragonflight magic at all
    You've made that claim a few times... and yet you've failed to provide any evidence aside from "trust me bruh"

    Dragonflight magic is magic attached to a dragonflight - example living flame is from red, some drakonids can use thunderclap a normal ability/spell you are saying thunderclap is dragonflight magic just because a drakonid is using it. Thats not how it works.
    I never even mentioned "thunderclap". Again, you're attacking a strawman of my argument instead of dealing with my actual argument.

    There is no statement saying WoW game lore is canon so until then its not canon. Which ofc will never happen.
    Just go to WoWPedia and read the 'canon' entry in the Lore section and try to inform yourself? You'll do everyone and especially yourself a favor, here.

    You will never win an argument with me when you lied in the first post.
    I lied, "because you say so"? Because you never gave any reason as to why I'm wrong aside from "trust me bruh".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    snip
    Where is your proof the drakonids are using dragonflight magic, thats right you dont have any, you are the one who said they were using dragonflight magic, however have yet to prove the magic is dragonflight magic, also your argument contradicts the lore in WoW and the need to create a whole new race to wield multiple dragonflight powers.

    I proved 100% that the drakonids abilities are just normal non dragonflight magic abilities.

    Cosmic forces are the types of magic in WoW lore, its magic that can be learnt, dragonflight magic however is specific to dragons and the few servants that are granted those abilities, most if not all drakonid npcs in dragonflight dont use any dragonflight magic at all.

    Lol a fanbase website is not blizzards official statement on how canon WoW is, show me an actual blizz statement saying 100% of WoW game lore is canon.


    Blizz have not said WoW game is canon so its not canon, thats it plain and simple.

    So your claim drakonids are using multiple dragonflight magic is a complete lie
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Im connected to reality unlike yourself and certain posters,
    Your track record proves otherwise. You routinely delude yourself into thinking you are right. You may take note that it is not the same.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Your track record proves otherwise. You routinely delude yourself into thinking you are right. You may take note that it is not the same.
    i am right though, drakonid npcs are not using dragonflight magic, and blizz themselves have not made any statement at all about how canon WoW game lore is, by canon i am meaning being 100% canon in everything, which for WoW as a game is impossible thats just the reality.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  8. #88
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i am right though
    No one that has ever been right has had to say, "I am right."

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    No one that has ever been right has had to say, "I am right."
    Go on are you going to back yourself up with actual information or are you full of empty words.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  10. #90
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Go on are you going to back yourself up with actual information or are you full of empty words.
    You're the one making the outlandish claim, discrediting yourself with your own sources that actively contradict you.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    You're the one making the outlandish claim, discrediting yourself with your own sources that actively contradict you.
    Chris Metzen comment backs up my claim, combining with the fact blizz themselves have made no such claim either way, try again this time with some backbone.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #92
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    21,486
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Where is your proof the drakonids are using dragonflight magic,
    As I've said before numerous times: at the Cobant Assembly assault area.

    I proved 100% that the drakonids abilities are just normal non dragonflight magic abilities.
    "Trust me bruh" is not evidence of anything, much less "100% proof"

    Cosmic forces are the types of magic in WoW lore, its magic that can be learnt,
    I have never mentioned 'cosmic forces' at all so this is just a red herring.

    dragonflight magic however is specific to dragons and the few servants that are granted those abilities,
    By your own words, you're admitting that drakonids use dragonflight magic, considering they are dragonkin and servants of the

    Lol a fanbase website is not blizzards official statement on how canon WoW is, show me an actual blizz statement saying 100% of WoW game lore is canon.
    Again, that is not how it works. You made the claim that WoW is non-canon to Warcraft, therefore the burden of proof is on you to prove your claim.

    Blizz have not said WoW game is canon so its not canon, thats it plain and simple.
    I know I said I don't have to, but just for a victory lap:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Question: Have you (Blizzard) ever revised the lore of the game after it came out? Like Jim's age. According to the lore, he is in his mid-30s right now, even though he looks a lot older.

    Answer: We haven't knowingly done that. As more content is added to a given universe, by different teams, there is always the danger of unintentionally contradicting existing lore. But we have never intentionally done it. When something goes out the door at Blizzard—in a game, a novel, a manga, or anything other than mods or the table-top RPG—it's canon.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i am right though, drakonid npcs are not using dragonflight magic, and blizz themselves have not made any statement at all about how canon WoW game lore is, by canon i am meaning being 100% canon in everything, which for WoW as a game is impossible thats just the reality.
    I don't really care about whatever argument you were making, I just wanted to rebuke you for pointing to yourself as any kind of exemplar of realism when the opposite has already been proven true by your post history.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As I've said before numerous times: at the Cobant Assembly assault area.


    "Trust me bruh" is not evidence of anything, much less "100% proof"


    I have never mentioned 'cosmic forces' at all so this is just a red herring.


    By your own words, you're admitting that drakonids use dragonflight magic, considering they are dragonkin and servants of the


    Again, that is not how it works. You made the claim that WoW is non-canon to Warcraft, therefore the burden of proof is on you to prove your claim.


    I know I said I don't have to, but just for a victory lap:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Question: Have you (Blizzard) ever revised the lore of the game after it came out? Like Jim's age. According to the lore, he is in his mid-30s right now, even though he looks a lot older.

    Answer: We haven't knowingly done that. As more content is added to a given universe, by different teams, there is always the danger of unintentionally contradicting existing lore. But we have never intentionally done it. When something goes out the door at Blizzard—in a game, a novel, a manga, or anything other than mods or the table-top RPG—it's canon.
    As as i have said numerous times you have provided no proof of drakonids using dragonflight magic, the magic they use has nothing to do with the dragonflights that is a fact, you have not provided proof that the magic they use is from the dragonflights as the actual spells themselves are the proof that they are not dragonflight magic.

    Your the one going trust me bro with no proof. A drakonid casting spells is not proof its dragonflight magic.

    Again dragonflight magic is actual abilities using the power of a dragonflight, like fire breath, disintegrate, not just run of the mill rip magic that many NPCs in WoW actually use.

    Its 100% fact not everthing in WoW is actual canon lore, the base storyline usually canon but not everything in the game, or is things from the diablo universe or starcraft universe considered canon in your eyes, the devs have even stated they put in things that can contradict lore.

    You will never get a victory from me because you are always wrong when you lied from the first post.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    I don't really care about whatever argument you were making, I just wanted to rebuke you for pointing to yourself as any kind of exemplar of realism when the opposite has already been proven true by your post history.
    Noone has yet to prove what i have said to be other that a fact, in WoW canon lore 99.99% can be canon but if even a fraction of the game is non canon then you cant claim WoW is 100% canon can you.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-05-13 at 05:06 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  15. #95
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    21,486
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    As as i have said numerous times you have provided no proof of drakonids using dragonflight magic,
    You've even agreed with me that they use dragonflight magic when you said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    dragonflight magic however is specific to dragons and the few servants that are granted those abilities,

    the magic they use has nothing to do with the dragonflights that is a fact,
    "Trust me bruh" isn't a fact, nor a source, nor evidence.

    you have not provided proof that the magic they use is from the dragonflights as the actual spells themselves are the proof that they are not dragonflight magic.
    Again, types of magic aren't specific spells. In D&D terms, the fireball spell isn't an evocation spell because it's cast by an evocation wizard.

    Your the one going trust me bro with no proof. A drakonid casting spells is not proof its dragonflight magic.
    Showing a drakonid casting spells is still a truckload more than you have been showing, i.e., nothing. I've shown you how drakonids are empowered by the dragons, and you admitted that dragons confer their powers (i.e. their dragonflight magic) to their servants, and who are their servants? The drakonids.

    Again dragonflight magic is actual abilities using the power of a dragonflight, like fire breath, disintegrate, not just run of the mill rip magic that many NPCs in WoW actually use.
    So you do wrongly believe that "types of magic" actually mean "specific spells"

    Its 100% fact not everthing in WoW is actual canon lore,
    Another "trust me bruh". Again, dude, if you want us to accept that WoW is not canon to Warcraft (a laughable thought in and out of itself, honestly) then you need to show us when Blizzard has stated that the source of WoW lore is non-canon to the lore itself.

    the devs have even stated they put in things that can contradict lore.
    Have they? Then surely you won't have trouble finding an actual quote from them, instead of going once again solely on "trust me bruh"s?

    You will never get a victory from me because you are always wrong when you lied from the first post.
    I already have. Many, many posts ago. You granted me the victory on a silver platter the moment you decided to claim that WoW is not canon to Warcraft.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You've even agreed with me that they use dragonflight magic when you said this:




    "Trust me bruh" isn't a fact, nor a source, nor evidence.


    Again, types of magic aren't specific spells. In D&D terms, the fireball spell isn't an evocation spell because it's cast by an evocation wizard.


    Showing a drakonid casting spells is still a truckload more than you have been showing, i.e., nothing. I've shown you how drakonids are empowered by the dragons, and you admitted that dragons confer their powers (i.e. their dragonflight magic) to their servants, and who are their servants? The drakonids.


    So you do wrongly believe that "types of magic" actually mean "specific spells"


    Another "trust me bruh". Again, dude, if you want us to accept that WoW is not canon to Warcraft (a laughable thought in and out of itself, honestly) then you need to show us when Blizzard has stated that the source of WoW lore is non-canon to the lore itself.


    Have they? Then surely you won't have trouble finding an actual quote from them, instead of going once again solely on "trust me bruh"s?


    I already have. Many, many posts ago. You granted me the victory on a silver platter the moment you decided to claim that WoW is not canon to Warcraft.
    I have never once agreed with you lol, I only accept some drakonids could potentially have an ability releted to a dragonflight, you know an actual ability like fire breath, but as we already know most if not all drakonids dont even use any dragonflight magic, they use just normal abilities any race can learn.

    I have gave you the sources of the actual spells blizzard use themselves, even the stonefall spell is not magic its purely physical damage and the rest of the drakonids abilities are arcane/physical, there is no mention if it being even remotely connected to a dragonflight. So its not a trust me bro its WoWs actual definition on the spells.

    Dragonflight magic is not a type of magic like you wrongly believe, its magic only dragons can use and in very rare instances some drakonid servants could possibly use a few dragonflight abilities, dragonflight magic is specific abilities that dragons use, thats why its called dragonflight magic.

    The blue comment you linked just proved my point lol, they are aware that not everything in WoW is 100% canon as a game. The baseline of WoW lore is canon but not everything in the game is actually canon, running around with a starcraft pet for example is not canon WoW lore is it, so im correct in saying not everything in WoW is canon.

    You lose all your arguments because you lie its just that simple.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-05-13 at 05:42 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It isnt official lore, the player is not in lore at all and WoW revolves around the player. Developers can also screw things up and give NPCs incorrect abilities so its not going to help your flawed argument when in no lore in the whole or WoW has drakonids wielding multiple dragonflight powers.
    I mean just to play devils advocate here a bit, have you really read ALL the lore regarding WoW concerning or dealing with Drakonids?

  18. #98
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    21,486
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I have never once agreed with you lol,
    You have. You just haven't realized it.

    I only accept some drakonids could potentially have an ability releted to a dragonflight, you know an actual ability like fire breath,
    Again: "dragonflight magic" is a type of magic, not specific abilities.

    even the stonefall spell is not magic its purely physical damage
    Dude, just because a spell causes physical damage it doesn't mean it's not a spell. The shaman's spell "earthquake" deals physical damage, for example.

    dragonflight magic is specific abilities that dragons use, thats why its called dragonflight magic.
    If that was true-- it isn't, but if it was-- it'd be called "dragonflight spells", not dragonflight magic.

    The blue comment you linked just proved my point lol, they are aware that not everything in WoW is 100% canon as a game.
    It literally says everything they put out (aside from mods and the RPG) are canon. While you so far has failed to provide even a single quote from Blizzard where they de-canonize the World of Warcraft game.

    The baseline of WoW lore is canon but not everything in the game is actually canon, running around with a starcraft pet for example is not canon WoW lore is it, so im correct in saying not everything in WoW is canon.
    You know what is funny? Even if you were to be right about the player, it's still meaningless because we're not talking about the player, but about the NPCs in the game.

    You lose all your arguments because you lie its just that simple.
    You keep repeating that, as if you're trying the hardest to convince yourself of that, because everyone here knows your arguments are nonsensical and hold as much water as a strainer.

    It was fun watching you try (and miserably fail) to de-canonize the World of Warcaft games, but now I'll just let the thread die.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  19. #99
    Old God Kathranis's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    10,005
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It makes no sense either way because that dracthyr would have to lose all its dragon powers to be able to actually be anything else, WoW doesnt allow you to be a multi-class, so no firebreathing warriors are going to happen, and losing powers you were born into makes no sense at all, dragons are dragons and shouldnt be anything else.
    They get Tail Swipe, Wing Buffet, Glide, and Soar as racial abilities.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They get Tail Swipe, Wing Buffet, Glide, and Soar as racial abilities.
    I think his point is that it's a little odd that Evokers can breath fire, but a Warrior dracthyr can't.

    It is odd, but so is Priest not being able to use a gun or rogue a staff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •