Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean Demons that's their thing... just as undead minions from the grave are a death knight thing.

I am all for costumizations and options, but this is not it imo. Why do you want to mess with this, whats the purpose? Its not like we are out of options for either of those.

I noticed the new imp stuff, so much stuff can still be done to other demons

1. Voidwalker is not a demon, so there's already precedent

2. Why wouldn't you want minions with flavor that fits better?

3. New imp is basically just a graphics update, not really any different flavor.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    In Kosak's words:

We consider voidwalkers "demons" for gameplay but different origins!
    I stand by my earlier statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    In Kosak's words:

I stand by my earlier statements.
    So they could do the same with Drust or Ghuuns things, mechanically demons for gameplay, and different 'origins'.
    Twas brillig

So they could do the same with ... things
    In theory anything is possible. Hell, I can even summon Arthas wielding Doomhammer as my Unholy pet. In theory.

But it's not gonna happen.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

2. Why wouldn't you want minions with flavor that fits better?

3. New imp is basically just a graphics update, not really any different flavor.
    1: I think you got an awnser already.
    2: I am fine with demons for warlocks and undead minions for death knights. Like I said we are not out of options.
    3: it has new costumization, something that has been asked for. Other demons could receive sonething as well.

Something that would be cool imo, is that enslave demon or control undead would work something similar like tame pet. Increase the options for those 2 classes. There are many options out there that could be explored. Nerubian pet, lich etc etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks thing is forbidden magic, why would they be locked to demons only?

- - - Updated - - -

Voidwalkers aren't even demons, warlocks should be able to summon all sorts of "evil" things

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowpriests and warlocks already pull double duty on void stuff, dks can share undead, especially since warlocks, necromancers, and neceolytes have a blended history lorewise
    Cause its not forbidden magic, its demonic magic.
    thats like saying warltocks are death knights.

- - - Updated - - -

So they could do the same with Drust or Ghuuns things, mechanically demons for gameplay, and different 'origins'.
    then they arnt warlocks they are something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LionSinMaikeru View Post
    To be entirely fair, Warcraft 2 "Deathknights" were created by Gul'dan (a Warlock) and were the corpses of Stormwind Knights possessed by the souls of fallen Orcs of the Shadow Council (Warlocks). These Deathknights which were little more than Orc Warlocks wearing dead Human meat suits could raise the dead.
    I knew the warcraft 2 thing was going to get mentioned. We kinda moved past that and it's not really what you play in wow.

We have seen multiple demons show up for the warlock, what about Observers or Tyrants?

idk why we need to have undead minions for warlocks, lets just leave that for the dks.

3+ Year Old Account
    Those are constructs and undead, not demons. Warlocks summon demons, they are not necromancers. The first two doesn't fit any current class, the last two would be way more suitable as Unholy pets.
    Actually, yes Warlocks are necromancers.

The Legion stole necromancy from the Necrolords and Fel can be used to raise the dead.

Plus in Legion the Affliction Artifact weapon was literally the weapon of a Necrolyte. (Which is a necromancer)
    Last edited by enigma77; 2023-05-12 at 10:39 PM.

In theory anything is possible. Hell, I can even summon Arthas wielding Doomhammer as my Unholy pet. In theory.

But it's not gonna happen.
    Don't strawman. There's nothing to suggest a wicker creature for kul'tirans is any more out there than warlocks using voidwalkers currently.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew the warcraft 2 thing was going to get mentioned. We kinda moved past that and it's not really what you play in wow.

We have seen multiple demons show up for the warlock, what about Observers or Tyrants?

idk why we need to have undead minions for warlocks, lets just leave that for the dks.
    Seriously, why not both? DKs wouldn't lose access to undead just because Warlocks get them as cosmetic options, hell there could be a bunch shared between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Cause its not forbidden magic, its demonic magic.
    thats like saying warltocks are death knights.

then they arnt warlocks they are something else.
    That's not true though. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Leg...sters_(Part_1) they've been doing magic from non-demon sources since Cata.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, why not both? DKs wouldn't lose access to undead just because Warlocks get them as cosmetic options, hell there could be a bunch shared between the two.
    Why in the first place?

I rather see them focus on their own themes, I don't see the point in sharing at all. Both of them have enough still to venture into.

2: I am fine with demons for warlocks and undead minions for death knights. Like I said we are not out of options.
    3: it has new costumization, something that has been asked for. Other demons could receive sonething as well.

Something that would be cool imo, is that enslave demon or control undead would work something similar like tame pet. Increase the options for those 2 classes. There are many options out there that could be explored. Nerubian pet, lich etc etc.
    You're evading my questions, you didn't answer 2 at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Why in the first place?

I rather see them focus on their own themes, I don't see the point in sharing at all. Both of them have enough still to venture into.
    I don't see it as focusing on their 'own' themes, I see it as needlessly limiting their themes when Warlocks have been dabbling in all kinds of forbidden magic since cata.

Demons are bland, they're all the same. And DK's aren't really a pet class.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're evading my questions, you didn't answer 2 at all.
    To what exactly, void walker not being a demon? it was mentioned already.

What you think fits better, doesn't mean that is the case perse, this is your opinion.

It's not a graphic update only, it clearly has different parts to the imp model and is part of customization and probably more will follow.

Seriously, it's not limiting... again we have still enough options out there that are thematically appropriate and not even used yet. You think demons are bland, but I don't think thats the case. Warlocks got more options then dks, sharing would't help. Also we have unholy which has a permanent pet, with glyphs and everything.

I wouldn't even be happy with my death knight if hes summoning demons, come on man.

Necromancer Warlock Please. Yours Truly, Frost DK main.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Necromancer Warlock Please. Yours Truly, Frost DK main.
    It almost feels like we are talking about class skins here. I didn't know that was the intention.

It almost feels like we are talking about class skins here. I didn't know that was the intention.
    That’s what the thread has turned into so I’m rolling with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea but i prefer that they did a whole pet revamp first, pets are still bad designed in general for any class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Thematically speaking, I definitely prefer each class earning customizations differently. But I guess some more common ones could be easily enslaved.

If it were up to me, every demon model in the game would be an option, and each one would have a short quest to learn the ritual to summon them.

Even if it was as simple as taking an enslaved demon to a specific location near where they spawn to perform the ritual. But the original Voidwalker quest was a perfect exanple of something unique and awesome.

To what exactly, void walker not being a demon? it was mentioned already.

What you think fits better, doesn't mean that is the case perse, this is your opinion.

I wouldn't even be happy with my death knight if hes summoning demons, come on man.
    1. The argument that it's a demon 'mechanically' is LITERALLY what I'm arguing here, that you can make other things demons mechanically if that's such a big concern.

2. It absolutely fits Kul'tirans and maybe even worgen and humans/nelfs better to use wicker constructs rather than demons. Same for orcs and void elves to use void creatures rather than demons.

3. I meant that Warlocks and DKs could share undead minions with the same model, not that DKs would be summoning demons.

- - - Updated - - -

That's literally the point of the thread!
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. The argument that it's a demon 'mechanically' is LITERALLY what I'm arguing here, that you can make other things demons mechanically if that's such a big concern.

2. It absolutely fits Kul'tirans and maybe even worgen and humans/nelfs better to use wicker constructs rather than demons. Same for orcs and void elves to use void creatures rather than demons.

3. I meant that Warlocks and DKs could share undead minions with the same model, not that DKs would be summoning demons.

- - - Updated - - -

That's literally the point of the thread!
    Wasnt really clear.. as it said pet costumization. We just got some, so I assume u were making the thread about that and more. This is way more in the form of class skin: necromancer.

I made my point pretty clear, in the current situation I dislike your idea and prefer warlocks to focus on demon pets and death knight use undead pets.

Its also quite unfair as you speak of more pets for warlocks and you even want to share, meanwhile on the other side. Dk have fewer options then locks. Also it would be really lame seeing a lock running with timmy. Bwonsamdi should teach dks a thing or 2 about undead pets tbh.

Anyway, I am out.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-05-15 at 03:57 PM.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-war...-10-1-5-333037

Pallette swaps, nice but long overdue, and think how much better it would be to have trolls or orcs running around with monsters tailored to their themes rather than these one size fits all demons?
    Twas brillig